HCG 4 week challenge!!! :)

Options
Alright everyone! Here is one for us!!!! Our 4 week challenge begins today, and will end on Friday Oct. 15th. Our final weigh-in will be on Oct 16th. Anyone is welcome to join! I figured everyday I will get on here and post some progress, or whatever you guys want! We are here to support each other, and we can do it :drinker: So, my goal for this 4 week challenge is this:

I would like to lose a minimum of 20 pounds. The challenge is 29 days total, so I think I can do it! Maybe even more!!!! :laugh: Well one could hope anyway. So, what do you guys want to do for your challenge?! I am going to change my tickler to match my challenge, then I will change it after. We can do this together!!!!!! Good luck all you losers! :flowerforyou: :happy:

Replies

• heatther
    heatther Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Alright everyone! Here is one for us!!!! Our 4 week challenge begins today, and will end on Friday Oct. 15th. Our final weigh-in will be on Oct 16th. Anyone is welcome to join! I figured everyday I will get on here and post some progress, or whatever you guys want! We are here to support each other, and we can do it :drinker: So, my goal for this 4 week challenge is this:

I would like to lose a minimum of 20 pounds. The challenge is 29 days total, so I think I can do it! Maybe even more!!!! :laugh: Well one could hope anyway. So, what do you guys want to do for your challenge?! I am going to change my tickler to match my challenge, then I will change it after. We can do this together!!!!!! Good luck all you losers! :flowerforyou: :happy:

ok girl I am in same goal! Let's do it! Today I weigh 187! Here's to 167!
  • nursegirljay
    Options
    wahoo! We can do it :happy: :drinker: Here's to the 20+ pounds we are going to lose!!!:bigsmile:
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    I am in until my HCG runs out...............would like to get down to 200.0. I am currently at 225.0
  • nursegirljay
    Options
    You can do it! :bigsmile: This is going to be our lucky forum.... it is a forum that will help us get a 20+ pound weight loss!!! :drinker: :laugh:
  • nursegirljay
    Options
    :sad: Well, I am glad my husband and I had a talk last night for like an hour. After upsetting me (I am really emotional, I think my TOM is coming soon) he is going to start being more supportive of my diet. He has been supportive, but asking me to stop and get ice cream or take-out etc. etc. is not going to happen anymore. He will go alone if he wants it. You know it hurt me really bad because I know he would rather have a girl who is skinny and tone, or have me look like I used to when we first met, but I told him that is not a possibility. He said he was fine with how I looked, he just wanted me to be healthy. And other things were said, but it just hurts. So, now that my first day started off on the WRONG foot (up 1.2 lbs this am:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: ), I know that is only a minor set-back, and I will get to my goal. That is why I picked 20 pounds and not 25 :laugh: Just in case this were to happen. But today, on diet until the 15th, come hell or high water. And if I am around people who dont eat what I eat, I will ask for something different, or not eat. I am tired of going the wrong way. I am so happy I have drops that work for my appetite now (I forgot them yesterday, probably would have helped if I took them with me) so I am ready to slim down! :bigsmile: Thanks for letting me vent.... I kinda needed it this am.:blushing: I am sure you guys did great this am! :smile:
  • heatther
    Options
    Well I was only down .2 today! Not the best way to start! I think TOM is on the way any day now. So since it wasn't so hot out baby girl and I went for a 25 minute walk and I already started to plan what I was going to eat today! Let's kick these pounds ladies!

@ jay you will catch up in a day like you always do with the super drops lol
  • Grokette
    Options
    Stopping in.............I am holding steady at 225.0.
  • elmct57
    elmct57 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    9/17 weight 184.0 good luck everyone!
  • heatther
    Options
    Well I am only down .2 again. My body must know I started a challange! How are the rest of you doing?
  • Grokette
    Options
    Good morning all. I am holding steady around 225.0. I weighed in this morning at 224.8.

Weird because I ate bad, bad, bad yesterday............

Talk to you all soon!!! I'm going to get my hair cut and done!!!

Heather -- Could be stress due to the challenge too..........I am in the same boat as you, down .2 today.
  • nursegirljay
    Options
    It could be due to stress, but I think I am pretty much in a stressed state at all times, and dont really notice that much of a difference. But it could! And, if you are like me, I think my TOM is coming soon (hubby agrees with how crabby I have been :laugh: ) and I know that can cause it to slow down some. I am only down 0.6 this am, but since I did those 2 bad days in a row, I guess it could be worse. I hated starting out on this challenge with eating BBQ, but that is ok. I will just move on! And hopefully down! But I am glad to see it was down, because once I get it going, it usually starts to go down pretty good. And I know that there are a lot of people who would kill to lose half a pound per day.... so I am good :happy: And if I keep losing that much everyday then I will reach my goal! So keep it coming! And you girls are doing awsome!!!!! I dont know if anyone on here likes seafood (I hate it) but I will post a few recipes on here that you guys can try that is on the website I use. You might like em, and it will give ya something different to try! :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • heatther
    Options
    Good morning all. I am holding steady around 225.0. I weighed in this morning at 224.8.

Weird because I ate bad, bad, bad yesterday............

Talk to you all soon!!! I'm going to get my hair cut and done!!!

Heather -- Could be stress due to the challenge too..........I am in the same boat as you, down .2 today.

well TOM should be here this week. But I am stressed at work and hiring a nanny. But we just solved the nanny part. I hope that stress was it. Well see tomorrow.
  • heatther
    Options
    It could be due to stress, but I think I am pretty much in a stressed state at all times, and dont really notice that much of a difference. But it could! And, if you are like me, I think my TOM is coming soon (hubby agrees with how crabby I have been :laugh: ) and I know that can cause it to slow down some. I am only down 0.6 this am, but since I did those 2 bad days in a row, I guess it could be worse. I hated starting out on this challenge with eating BBQ, but that is ok. I will just move on! And hopefully down! But I am glad to see it was down, because once I get it going, it usually starts to go down pretty good. And I know that there are a lot of people who would kill to lose half a pound per day.... so I am good :happy: And if I keep losing that much everyday then I will reach my goal! So keep it coming! And you girls are doing awsome!!!!! I dont know if anyone on here likes seafood (I hate it) but I will post a few recipes on here that you guys can try that is on the website I use. You might like em, and it will give ya something different to try! :drinker: :bigsmile:

I love shrimp but that is all.

Way to go on your loss! Awesome!
  • nursegirljay
    Options
    Citrus Shrimp & Greens
    Ingredients
    100 grams of shrimp

2 T. lemon juice

1T. lime juice

3T. apple cider vinegar

1tsp. garlic powder

1tsp. pepper

1⁄2 tsp. onion salt

Directions
    Place shrimp in a bowl and mix together all ingredients and let it stand and marinate for 1⁄2 hour. You can either grill the shrimp on a grill or in a non-stick frying pan. Serve over your favorite salad greens.

Shrimp Ceviche
    Ingredients
    400 grams shrimp, fresh or frozen, raw or cooked, peeled and deveined, tail-on or off

2 large lemons, freshly squeezed, about 3/4 cup to 1 cup

2-3 large limes, freshly squeezed, about 3/4 cup to 1 cup

1 T. fresh garlic, minced

1 mild to medium pepper, ribs and seeds removed, finely chopped

1 red onion, finely chopped (about 1 cup)

1-3 T. Tabasco or hot sauce (more or less to taste)

4 large tomatoes, chopped (about 2-3 cups)

2 cumbers, peeled and diced into 1/2 inch pieces (about 1.5 cups)

fresh cilantro, chopped (about 1/2 cup)

fresh parsley, chopped (about 1/2 cup)

sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste

Directions
    Thaw shrimp if frozen. If using raw shrimp, bring a pot of water to boil and cook the shrimp for a minute or two until it turns opaque white and reddish—do not overcook the shrimp as it will be too rubbery in texture. Rinse shrimp under cold water. Combine juices of lemons and limes in a large bowl (not metal) or large Ziploc baggie and add shrimp. Cover bowl or zip baggie and refrigerate for 30 minutes to marinade. Large shrimp could be cut into smaller chunks (remove tails if doing this) to speed up marinade time.

Add to shrimp the Tabasco, garlic, onion and pepper and toss/mix evenly. Return to refrigerator for maybe another 30 minutes to let the flavors infuse the shrimp.

Before serving, toss in bowl the marinated shrimp mixture, cilantro, parsley, tomatoes and cucumbers and if needed, add sea salt and black pepper to taste. *Makes 4 servings both meat and vegetable*

No Bean Chili
    Ingredients
    400 grams lean, ground beef

3 cooked peeled and diced tomatoes

water or beef broth, to desired thickness

Minced onion, dried or fresh

Garlic, more the better

Chili powder

Italian seasoning

Cayenne pepper

Emeril's Bam Original Essence

salt

pepper

Directions
    Brown ground beef. Stir and add spices to taste. Add tomato and broth. Simmer - the longer it simmers the more flavorful. *Makes 4 Servings of meat and vegetable*

Apple Cider Chicken Wraps
    Ingredients
    100 grams chicken

2 medium green cabbage leaves

2 medium red cabbage leaves

1 garlic clove

3 T. apple cider vinegar

1⁄4 tsp. onion powder

1⁄4 T. sea salt

1⁄4 T. pepper

1 T. fresh ginger
    Directions
    Mix together finely grated ginger, garlic, onion powder, apple cider vinegar, salt, pepper and chicken pieces. Cook until chicken is cooked thoroughly and then add the Napa cabbage and cook until cabbage is slightly cooked. Take the 2 green cabbage leaf and split the chicken mixture and place in cabbage leaves and roll into a wrap.

Basil Chicken
    Ingredients

1/2 c. finely chopped onion
    1 clove garlic, chopped
    2 1/2 c. chopped tomatoes
    100 grams. Boneless chicken breast halves, cooked and cubed
    1/4 c. chopped fresh basil
    1/2 tsp. salt
    1/8 tsp. hot pepper sauce

Directions

Warm large skillet to medium-high heat. Sauté the onions and garlic. Stir in the tomatoes, chicken, basil, salt and hot pepper sauce. Reduce heat to medium, and cover skillet. Simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until mixture is hot and tomatoes are soft.

Blackened Chicken
    Ingredients

Makes 2 servings

1/2 tsp. paprika
    1/8 tsp. salt
    1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
    1/4 tsp. ground cumin
    1/4 tsp. dried thyme
    1/8 tsp. ground white pepper
    1/8 tsp. onion powder
    200 grams, boneless chicken breast halves

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Heat a cast iron skillet over high heat for 5 minutes until it is smoking hot. Mix together the paprika, salt, cayenne, cumin, thyme, white pepper, and onion powder. Coat the chicken breasts evenly with the spice mixture. Place the chicken in the hot pan, and cook for 1 minute. Turn, and cook 1 minute on other side. Place the breasts on the baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 5 minutes.

Braised Balsamic Chicken

Ingredients

600 grams (approx 6 boneless chicken breast halves) Makes 6 servings
    ground black pepper to taste
    1 tsp. garlic salt
    1 onion, thinly sliced
    1/4 c. balsamic vinegar and 1/4 c. apple cider vinegar
    1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
    1 tsp. dried basil
    1 tsp. dried oregano
    1 tsp. dried rosemary
    1/2 tsp. dried thyme

Directions

Season chicken breasts with ground black pepper and garlic salt. Lightly coat a medium skillet with cooking spray and brown the onion and seasoned chicken breasts. Pour tomatoes and both vinegars over chicken, and season with basil, oregano, rosemary and thyme. Simmer until chicken is no longer pink and the juices run clear, about 15 minutes.

Chicken Chili
    Ingredients
    Shredded cabbage

2 cups chicken broth

1 tsp. cayenne pepper

1 tsp. black pepper

1 T. chili powder

1 T. cumin

3 pinches of dried chopped onions

100 grams of chicken breast, pre-cooked

Directions
    In a medium saucepan add 2 cups chicken broth. Bring to boil. Add spices, cabbage and cooked chicken. Stir constantly. The broth will begin to dissolve, so it will become less soupy. Let simmer for about 10 minutes or so, until the cabbage is to your preference.

Curry Chicken and Spinach
    Ingredients
    100 grams chicken

2 cups spinach

2 tsp. onion powder

1 garlic clove (minced)

1⁄2 cup chicken broth

1⁄4 tsp. salt

1⁄4 tsp. pepper

1 lime

1 T. curry powder

Directions
    Mix chicken and all seasonings and 1⁄2 the lime and cook chicken through. Throw the spinach in for 1 minute and serve in a bowl and squeeze the other 1⁄2 of the lime

Lemon Parsley Chicken

Ingredients

400 grams (approx 4 Skinless, Boneless chicken breast halves)
    1/2 cup lemon juice
    1/2 teaspoon onion powder
    1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
    3 teaspoons dreid parsley

Directions

Preheat grill for medium to high heat. Dip chicken in lemon juice and sprinkle with the onion powder, ground black pepper, seasoning salt and parsley. Discard any remaining lemon juice.Cook on the grill10 to 15 minutes per side, or until no longer pink and juices run clear. Makes 4 servings

Low Carb Chicken Burger
    Ingredients
    100 grams of ground chicken breast

1⁄4 tsp. pepper

1⁄4 tsp. onion salt

1⁄4 tsp. onion powder

1tsp. garlic powder

1⁄4 tsp. dry mustard

2 T. apple cider vinegar

2 cups spinach

Directions
    Mix all ingredients into the ground chicken breast and mold into a small patty. Grill or broil and serve with the spinach and apple cider vinegar.Salsa Chicken (simple for the hCG Diet)

Ingredients

200 grams (approx 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts)
    1 cup salsa

Directions

Open jar of salsa and put into a large saucepan. Add chicken breasts to picante sauce and bring to a steady boil. Boil gently for 20 to 25 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink inside and the juices run clear. Makes 2 servings

Spicy Chicken Breasts

Ingredients

2 1/2 Tsp. paprika
    2 Tsp. garlic powder
    1 Tsp. salt
    1 Tsp. onion powder
    1 Tsp. dried thyme
    1 Tsp. ground cayenne pepper
    1 Tsp. ground black pepper
    400 grams (approx.4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves)

Directions

In a medium bowl, mix together the paprika, garlic powder, salt, onion powder, thyme, cayenne pepper, and ground black pepper. Set aside about 3 T. of this seasoning mixture for the chicken; store the remainder in an airtight container for later use (for seasoning fish, meats, or vegetables). Lightly oil the grill grate with cooking spray. Preheat grill for medium-high heat. Rub some of the reserved 3 tablespoons of seasoning onto both sides of the chicken breasts. Place chicken on the grill, and cook for 6 to 8 minutes on each side, until juices run clear. Makes 4 servings

Su Yong Egg Rolls

Ingredients
    100 grams ounces of Chicken

2-3 big cabbage leaves

1cup shredded cabbage

1/8 tsp. onion salt

1/8 tsp. garlic powder

1/8 tsp. Asian spices

4 drops or 1 packet Stevia

Directions
    Steam big cabbage leaves for 5 minutes. Move leaves over to side of steamer to make room for shredded cabbage. Steam both for 5 additional minutes. Remove shredded cabbage to a mixing bowl. Add chopped chicken or shrimp and spices. Mix and then wrap in a big cabbage leaf.

Tomato Basil Chicken
    Ingredients
    100 grams cubed chicken

1 cup chopped tomato

¼ cup water or chicken broth

2 T. lemon juice

2 T. chopped onion

1-2 cloves garlic sliced

3 leaves basil rolled and sliced

1/8 tsp. oregano fresh or dried

¼ tsp. garlic powder

¼ tsp. onion powder

Cayenne pepper to taste

Salt and pepper to taste

Directions
    Lightly brown the chicken in small saucepan with lemon juice. Add garlic, onion, spices and water. After chicken is cooked add fresh tomatoes and basil. Continue cooking for 5-10 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste, garnish with fresh basil.

*Makes 1 serving (1 protein, 1 fruit or vegetable)

This one is great for variety while on the hCG Diet.

Midwest American Chicken

INGREDIENTS
    4 servings (197 calories)
    1 tsp. ground ginger
    2 T. crushed garlic
    2 tsp. ground turmeric
    1/4 cup fat free yogurt
    400 grams (approx. 4 bonless, skinless chicken breast halves cut into pieces)

Directions

In a large bowl, combine ginger, garlic, turmeric, salt, and yogurt. Marinate the chicken pieces in the mixture for 3 hours.
    Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil grate. Grill chicken until juices run clear. *makes 4 servings*

This counts for your daily serving of dairy

Cornish Hens

Ingredients

400 grams (approx.4 Cornish game hens)
    4 bay leaves
    2 c. diced celery
    2 c. diced onions
    1 tsp. parsley flakes
    1/2 tsp. thyme leaves

Directions

Season birds with salt and pepper and put 1 bay leaf in each cavity. Truss for roasting. Arrange vegetables in roasting pan. Place birds, breast side up, on vegetables. Combine herbs and brush over birds. Roast in 375 degree F. oven 55-65 minutes or until tender, basting with pan juices. Moisten hens with water if herbs do not stick. *makes 4 servings*.

Herb Smoked Chicken

Ingredients

Wood chips, soaked 1 hour
    3 (3 lb.) broiler-fryers
    3 bunches fresh herbs, untrimmed
    Freshly ground pepper

Directions

Prepare charcoal fire in smoker. Scatter wood chips over coals. Place water pan in smoker, and fill with water, wine or fruit juice.
    Stuff each fryer with 1 bunch of herbs, including stems and leaves. Rub pepper liberally on surface of chickens, and place them on grill rack. Insert meat thermometer, making sure it does not touch bone. Cover with smoker lid; cook 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 hours or until thermometer reaches 185 degrees. Refill the water pan and add charcoal as needed. *Note* Only consume breast meat. Makes 6 servings if only consuming one breast fro meal. This meal does leave alot of waste.

Smoked Chicken

Ingredients

400 grams (approx 4 chicken breast halves)
    1 bell pepper, chopped in lg. pieces
    1 lg. onion, chopped in lg. pieces
    1 can mushroom soup
    1 c. chopped celery, lg. pieces

Directions

Place ingredients in baking dish. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic over them. Cover with tin foil. Poke fork holes in foil. Cook on smoker or in oven with small amount of liquid smoke. Cook until tender. *makes 4 servings* This counts as one vegetable and one meat. We recommend eating one of the vegetables. Onion, Pepper or celery. Chill the other for a later meal.

Pine Smoked Chicken
    Ingredients

1 c. dry white wine
    1/4 c. sherry wine vinegar
    5 lg. garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
    1 med. onion, coarsely chopped
    Stevia to taste
    Salt & freshly ground pepper
    400 grams chicken (approx. 4 chicken boneless skinless breast halves) 4-5 fresh pine boughs

Directions

Puree first 5 ingredients with salt and pepper in processor or blender. Arrange chicken in shallow dish and pour puree over. Cover and refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours, turning several times.
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Drain marinate into small bowl. Pat chicken dry with paper towel and arrange in single layer in shallow roasting pan. Roast 45 minutes basting often with marinade. Heat coals until gray ash forms. Spread around perimeter of barbecue, leaving center with well spaced single layer of coals. Set grill 4" above coals, let coals burn about 20 minutes. Arrange chicken pieces without touching over center of grill. Cook 15 minutes, turning and basting frequently until chicken is crisp and browned, adding remaining pine boughs to fire when smoke dies down. Yield: 4 servings.

Chicken Breast Picata

This is a chicken breast variation of the classic Italian Veal Piccata. It is quicker to prepare and much more economical. For 4 servings you will need:

Ingredients

400 grams approx. (4 medium halved chicken breasts).
    1/2 tsp. salt
    1/4 tsp. black pepper
    1/4 c. wine vinegar
    2 tbsp. capers, drained
    1/4 c. fresh lemon juice
    3 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
    4 thin slices lemon for garnish
    4 this slices lime for garnish

Directions

Bone and skin chicken breasts. Cut each into 2 pieces, cutting crosswise so that each piece is 2 to 3 inches square. Place between sheets of plastic wrap. With flat side of mallet, pound to about 1/4 inch thickness and double the diameter. Lightly spray oil in skillet. Add chicken. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Brown quickly on both sides, cooking about 1 minute in all, sufficient time to cook meat through. Remove onto warm platter. Pour off excess fat. Add wine, vinegar, capers and lemon juice to pan. Heat to a boil, scraping bottom of pan. When about 4 tablespoons liquid remains, pour it over chicken on platter. Sprinkle with parsley. Garnish with lemon and lime slices. Serve immediately.

Just in case you guys wanted something different to try. I have a few more too if anyone wants them. :bigsmile: Anything to help each other out!
  • Grokette
    Options
    I made cookies and cupcakes for a wedding next weekend, that is my side hobby..............

I hope the sugar was not absorbed or I will see a gain or a stall.

I have 2 birthday cakes to do this week also.................
  • Grokette
    Options
    Good morning..................I might as well have eaten the cookies, icing and cupcakes I baked last night............

Just as I thought, the sugar is being absorbed through my skin and probably when breathing it in with the mixer on............

Cripe!!! I am up 1.8 pounds today.

I will get the confections completed and I will keep trucking along..................
  • heatther
    Options
    Citrus Shrimp & Greens
    Ingredients
    100 grams of shrimp

2 T. lemon juice

1T. lime juice

3T. apple cider vinegar

1tsp. garlic powder

1tsp. pepper

1⁄2 tsp. onion salt

Directions
    Place shrimp in a bowl and mix together all ingredients and let it stand and marinate for 1⁄2 hour. You can either grill the shrimp on a grill or in a non-stick frying pan. Serve over your favorite salad greens.

Shrimp Ceviche
    Ingredients
    400 grams shrimp, fresh or frozen, raw or cooked, peeled and deveined, tail-on or off

2 large lemons, freshly squeezed, about 3/4 cup to 1 cup

2-3 large limes, freshly squeezed, about 3/4 cup to 1 cup

1 T. fresh garlic, minced

1 mild to medium pepper, ribs and seeds removed, finely chopped

1 red onion, finely chopped (about 1 cup)

1-3 T. Tabasco or hot sauce (more or less to taste)

4 large tomatoes, chopped (about 2-3 cups)

2 cumbers, peeled and diced into 1/2 inch pieces (about 1.5 cups)

fresh cilantro, chopped (about 1/2 cup)

fresh parsley, chopped (about 1/2 cup)

sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste

Directions
    Thaw shrimp if frozen. If using raw shrimp, bring a pot of water to boil and cook the shrimp for a minute or two until it turns opaque white and reddish—do not overcook the shrimp as it will be too rubbery in texture. Rinse shrimp under cold water. Combine juices of lemons and limes in a large bowl (not metal) or large Ziploc baggie and add shrimp. Cover bowl or zip baggie and refrigerate for 30 minutes to marinade. Large shrimp could be cut into smaller chunks (remove tails if doing this) to speed up marinade time.

Add to shrimp the Tabasco, garlic, onion and pepper and toss/mix evenly. Return to refrigerator for maybe another 30 minutes to let the flavors infuse the shrimp.

Before serving, toss in bowl the marinated shrimp mixture, cilantro, parsley, tomatoes and cucumbers and if needed, add sea salt and black pepper to taste. *Makes 4 servings both meat and vegetable*

No Bean Chili
    Ingredients
    400 grams lean, ground beef

3 cooked peeled and diced tomatoes

water or beef broth, to desired thickness

Minced onion, dried or fresh

Garlic, more the better

Chili powder

Italian seasoning

Cayenne pepper

Emeril's Bam Original Essence

salt

pepper

Directions
    Brown ground beef. Stir and add spices to taste. Add tomato and broth. Simmer - the longer it simmers the more flavorful. *Makes 4 Servings of meat and vegetable*

Apple Cider Chicken Wraps
    Ingredients
    100 grams chicken

2 medium green cabbage leaves

2 medium red cabbage leaves

1 garlic clove

3 T. apple cider vinegar

1⁄4 tsp. onion powder

1⁄4 T. sea salt

1⁄4 T. pepper

1 T. fresh ginger
    Directions
    Mix together finely grated ginger, garlic, onion powder, apple cider vinegar, salt, pepper and chicken pieces. Cook until chicken is cooked thoroughly and then add the Napa cabbage and cook until cabbage is slightly cooked. Take the 2 green cabbage leaf and split the chicken mixture and place in cabbage leaves and roll into a wrap.

Basil Chicken
    Ingredients

1/2 c. finely chopped onion
    1 clove garlic, chopped
    2 1/2 c. chopped tomatoes
    100 grams. Boneless chicken breast halves, cooked and cubed
    1/4 c. chopped fresh basil
    1/2 tsp. salt
    1/8 tsp. hot pepper sauce

Directions

Warm large skillet to medium-high heat. Sauté the onions and garlic. Stir in the tomatoes, chicken, basil, salt and hot pepper sauce. Reduce heat to medium, and cover skillet. Simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until mixture is hot and tomatoes are soft.

Blackened Chicken
    Ingredients

Makes 2 servings

1/2 tsp. paprika
    1/8 tsp. salt
    1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
    1/4 tsp. ground cumin
    1/4 tsp. dried thyme
    1/8 tsp. ground white pepper
    1/8 tsp. onion powder
    200 grams, boneless chicken breast halves

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Heat a cast iron skillet over high heat for 5 minutes until it is smoking hot. Mix together the paprika, salt, cayenne, cumin, thyme, white pepper, and onion powder. Coat the chicken breasts evenly with the spice mixture. Place the chicken in the hot pan, and cook for 1 minute. Turn, and cook 1 minute on other side. Place the breasts on the baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 5 minutes.

Braised Balsamic Chicken

Ingredients

600 grams (approx 6 boneless chicken breast halves) Makes 6 servings
    1 tsp. garlic salt
    1 onion, thinly sliced
    1/4 c. balsamic vinegar and 1/4 c. apple cider vinegar
    1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
    1 tsp. dried basil
    1 tsp. dried oregano
    1 tsp. dried rosemary
    1/2 tsp. dried thyme

Directions

Season chicken breasts with ground black pepper and garlic salt. Lightly coat a medium skillet with cooking spray and brown the onion and seasoned chicken breasts. Pour tomatoes and both vinegars over chicken, and season with basil, oregano, rosemary and thyme. Simmer until chicken is no longer pink and the juices run clear, about 15 minutes.

Chicken Chili
    Ingredients
    Shredded cabbage

2 cups chicken broth

1 tsp. cayenne pepper

1 tsp. black pepper

1 T. chili powder

1 T. cumin

3 pinches of dried chopped onions

100 grams of chicken breast, pre-cooked

Directions
    In a medium saucepan add 2 cups chicken broth. Bring to boil. Add spices, cabbage and cooked chicken. Stir constantly. The broth will begin to dissolve, so it will become less soupy. Let simmer for about 10 minutes or so, until the cabbage is to your preference.

Curry Chicken and Spinach
    Ingredients
    100 grams chicken

2 cups spinach

2 tsp. onion powder

1 garlic clove (minced)

1⁄2 cup chicken broth

1⁄4 tsp. salt

1⁄4 tsp. pepper

1 lime

1 T. curry powder

Directions
    Mix chicken and all seasonings and 1⁄2 the lime and cook chicken through. Throw the spinach in for 1 minute and serve in a bowl and squeeze the other 1⁄2 of the lime

Lemon Parsley Chicken

Ingredients

400 grams (approx 4 Skinless, Boneless chicken breast halves)
    1/2 cup lemon juice
    1/2 teaspoon onion powder
    1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
    3 teaspoons dreid parsley

Directions

Preheat grill for medium to high heat. Dip chicken in lemon juice and sprinkle with the onion powder, ground black pepper, seasoning salt and parsley. Discard any remaining lemon juice.Cook on the grill10 to 15 minutes per side, or until no longer pink and juices run clear. Makes 4 servings

Low Carb Chicken Burger
    Ingredients
    100 grams of ground chicken breast

1⁄4 tsp. pepper

1⁄4 tsp. onion salt

1⁄4 tsp. onion powder

1tsp. garlic powder

1⁄4 tsp. dry mustard

2 T. apple cider vinegar

2 cups spinach

Directions
    Mix all ingredients into the ground chicken breast and mold into a small patty. Grill or broil and serve with the spinach and apple cider vinegar.Salsa Chicken (simple for the hCG Diet)

Ingredients

200 grams (approx 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts)
    1 cup salsa

Directions

Open jar of salsa and put into a large saucepan. Add chicken breasts to picante sauce and bring to a steady boil. Boil gently for 20 to 25 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink inside and the juices run clear. Makes 2 servings

Spicy Chicken Breasts

Ingredients

2 1/2 Tsp. paprika
    2 Tsp. garlic powder
    1 Tsp. salt
    1 Tsp. onion powder
    1 Tsp. dried thyme
    1 Tsp. ground cayenne pepper
    1 Tsp. ground black pepper
    400 grams (approx.4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves)

Directions

In a medium bowl, mix together the paprika, garlic powder, salt, onion powder, thyme, cayenne pepper, and ground black pepper. Set aside about 3 T. of this seasoning mixture for the chicken; store the remainder in an airtight container for later use (for seasoning fish, meats, or vegetables). Lightly oil the grill grate with cooking spray. Preheat grill for medium-high heat. Rub some of the reserved 3 tablespoons of seasoning onto both sides of the chicken breasts. Place chicken on the grill, and cook for 6 to 8 minutes on each side, until juices run clear. Makes 4 servings

Su Yong Egg Rolls

Ingredients
    100 grams ounces of Chicken

2-3 big cabbage leaves

1cup shredded cabbage

1/8 tsp. onion salt

1/8 tsp. garlic powder

1/8 tsp. Asian spices

4 drops or 1 packet Stevia

Directions
    Steam big cabbage leaves for 5 minutes. Move leaves over to side of steamer to make room for shredded cabbage. Steam both for 5 additional minutes. Remove shredded cabbage to a mixing bowl. Add chopped chicken or shrimp and spices. Mix and then wrap in a big cabbage leaf.

Tomato Basil Chicken
    Ingredients
    100 grams cubed chicken

1 cup chopped tomato

¼ cup water or chicken broth

2 T. lemon juice

2 T. chopped onion

1-2 cloves garlic sliced

3 leaves basil rolled and sliced

1/8 tsp. oregano fresh or dried

¼ tsp. garlic powder

¼ tsp. onion powder

Cayenne pepper to taste

Salt and pepper to taste

Directions
    Lightly brown the chicken in small saucepan with lemon juice. Add garlic, onion, spices and water. After chicken is cooked add fresh tomatoes and basil. Continue cooking for 5-10 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste, garnish with fresh basil.

*Makes 1 serving (1 protein, 1 fruit or vegetable)

This one is great for variety while on the hCG Diet.

Midwest American Chicken

INGREDIENTS
    4 servings (197 calories)
    1 tsp. ground ginger
    2 T. crushed garlic
    2 tsp. ground turmeric
    1/4 cup fat free yogurt
    400 grams (approx. 4 bonless, skinless chicken breast halves cut into pieces)

Directions

In a large bowl, combine ginger, garlic, turmeric, salt, and yogurt. Marinate the chicken pieces in the mixture for 3 hours.
    Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil grate. Grill chicken until juices run clear. *makes 4 servings*

This counts for your daily serving of dairy

Cornish Hens

Ingredients

400 grams (approx.4 Cornish game hens)
    4 bay leaves
    2 c. diced celery
    2 c. diced onions
    1 tsp. parsley flakes
    1/2 tsp. thyme leaves

Directions

Season birds with salt and pepper and put 1 bay leaf in each cavity. Truss for roasting. Arrange vegetables in roasting pan. Place birds, breast side up, on vegetables. Combine herbs and brush over birds. Roast in 375 degree F. oven 55-65 minutes or until tender, basting with pan juices. Moisten hens with water if herbs do not stick. *makes 4 servings*.

Herb Smoked Chicken

Ingredients

Wood chips, soaked 1 hour
    3 (3 lb.) broiler-fryers
    3 bunches fresh herbs, untrimmed
    Freshly ground pepper

Directions

Prepare charcoal fire in smoker. Scatter wood chips over coals. Place water pan in smoker, and fill with water, wine or fruit juice.
    Stuff each fryer with 1 bunch of herbs, including stems and leaves. Rub pepper liberally on surface of chickens, and place them on grill rack. Insert meat thermometer, making sure it does not touch bone. Cover with smoker lid; cook 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 hours or until thermometer reaches 185 degrees. Refill the water pan and add charcoal as needed. *Note* Only consume breast meat. Makes 6 servings if only consuming one breast fro meal. This meal does leave alot of waste.

Smoked Chicken

Ingredients

400 grams (approx 4 chicken breast halves)
    1 bell pepper, chopped in lg. pieces
    1 lg. onion, chopped in lg. pieces
    1 can mushroom soup
    1 c. chopped celery, lg. pieces

Directions

Place ingredients in baking dish. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic over them. Cover with tin foil. Poke fork holes in foil. Cook on smoker or in oven with small amount of liquid smoke. Cook until tender. *makes 4 servings* This counts as one vegetable and one meat. We recommend eating one of the vegetables. Onion, Pepper or celery. Chill the other for a later meal.

Pine Smoked Chicken
    Ingredients

1 c. dry white wine
    1/4 c. sherry wine vinegar
    5 lg. garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
    1 med. onion, coarsely chopped
    Stevia to taste
    Salt & freshly ground pepper
    400 grams chicken (approx. 4 chicken boneless skinless breast halves) 4-5 fresh pine boughs

Directions

Puree first 5 ingredients with salt and pepper in processor or blender. Arrange chicken in shallow dish and pour puree over. Cover and refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours, turning several times.
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Drain marinate into small bowl. Pat chicken dry with paper towel and arrange in single layer in shallow roasting pan. Roast 45 minutes basting often with marinade. Heat coals until gray ash forms. Spread around perimeter of barbecue, leaving center with well spaced single layer of coals. Set grill 4" above coals, let coals burn about 20 minutes. Arrange chicken pieces without touching over center of grill. Cook 15 minutes, turning and basting frequently until chicken is crisp and browned, adding remaining pine boughs to fire when smoke dies down. Yield: 4 servings.

Chicken Breast Picata

This is a chicken breast variation of the classic Italian Veal Piccata. It is quicker to prepare and much more economical. For 4 servings you will need:

Ingredients

400 grams approx. (4 medium halved chicken breasts).
    1/2 tsp. salt
    1/4 tsp. black pepper
    1/4 c. wine vinegar
    2 tbsp. capers, drained
    1/4 c. fresh lemon juice
    3 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
    4 thin slices lemon for garnish
    4 this slices lime for garnish

Directions

Bone and skin chicken breasts. Cut each into 2 pieces, cutting crosswise so that each piece is 2 to 3 inches square. Place between sheets of plastic wrap. With flat side of mallet, pound to about 1/4 inch thickness and double the diameter. Lightly spray oil in skillet. Add chicken. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Brown quickly on both sides, cooking about 1 minute in all, sufficient time to cook meat through. Remove onto warm platter. Pour off excess fat. Add wine, vinegar, capers and lemon juice to pan. Heat to a boil, scraping bottom of pan. When about 4 tablespoons liquid remains, pour it over chicken on platter. Sprinkle with parsley. Garnish with lemon and lime slices. Serve immediately.

Just in case you guys wanted something different to try. I have a few more too if anyone wants them. :bigsmile: Anything to help each other out!

Wow you go girl I will have to try these! Thanks
  • heatther
    Options
    Ok well I am up .4! I was not feeling goos yesterday and my son made Banana bread. I knew better but I felt bad not trying it! A few times lol Oh well.

I am feeling worse today! My stomach is killing me! I am afraid to eat anything. Maybe I will try water and an apple.

How are you girls doing???
  • nursegirljay
    Options
    Well our normal forum is locked... so if someone finds our new one let me know! I am down 1.2 today! Going the right way! I did cheat a little yesterday. I had a small piece of a french baguette. OK, maybe 2 small pieces. :laugh: But I felt so full last night I had to double check everything and make sure that I didnt overeat. And I counted everything I had including the bread. I still had 5 calories left. I feel so great! :happy: Not so happy that I was on here for about 20 minutes typing my reply to our forum (and it was really really good btw) and as soon as I hit reply it told me it was locked, and it disappeared. :sad: Oh well, maybe people will leave us alone. But anyways, how is everyone else doing?! I honestly am only like 1lb down from the start of our challenge... I still have 19 pounds to go for my goal! But hopefully I can keep this up everyday and do 20+! :drinker: So how is it going for everyone else?!
  • nursegirljay
    Options
    Ok well I am up .4! I was not feeling goos yesterday and my son made Banana bread. I knew better but I felt bad not trying it! A few times lol Oh well.

I am feeling worse today! My stomach is killing me! I am afraid to eat anything. Maybe I will try water and an apple.

How are you girls doing???

Yum, banana bread. :happy: I saw Mr. Food on this am for Bapple bread.... I am totally going to make it for my hubby and try a piece! It looked soooo good. And banana bread is his favorite. I love homemade bread. It is my weakness. How come you arent feeling well? Is it from what you ate or feeling sick? I know that some things that I eat that are off of the diet really make me sick afterwords (mcdonalds). Try drinking some water, and maybe a small piece of toast or something and see if that helps. I hope you get to feeling better!!! :flowerforyou: