Hello Everyone!

Options
Just wanted to say hello to kick off my weight loss endeavor right!

I just tried 3 months of acupuncture and it did nothing to curb my cravings or give me more energy to exercise. May work for some, not for me!

So now I am taking this into my own hands with "diet and exercise".

Going to run for the first time in a year tomorrow morning! wish me luck!

Thanks- Kiwi

Replies

• PoiBoyBlue
    Options
    Haha.
    I'd like to know how it goes. I was off my rollerblades for much less time than that and my stamina died XD
    Good luck! Remember, it won't work unless you drive yourself to keep with it.
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!

I think you will love it here on MFP. Its a lifestyle change for sure, not a quick fix. Give yourself time and learn as much as you can.
    Challenge yourself and you will reach your goals. You can do it!!! :)

Good luck!
  • Beebee78
    Options
    Good luck with your run xxx
  • KiwiGullixson
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I ran this morning and UGH, 2 laps and I had to stop.

The good news is now I can set a running goal too!
    It takes me 5 minutes to do a lap (I don't know how far the track is, and I'm definitely NOT sprinting! LOL) So I am going to shoot for 4 laps by the end of this week, and 6 laps by the end of next week.

I appreciate the support and am excited to make this healthy change! (my husband is too!)

Kiwi
  • Beebee78
    Options
    Fantastic well done! It's great that you're setting yourself a target to increase gradually xxx
  • tjbeer
    tjbeer Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hey Kiwi

Just wanted to say i'm glad the run went well, a step in the right direction. Good luck with your weight loss and healthy living journey.

:happy:

Tx
  • KiwiGullixson
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the inspiration! I am getting up before work tomorrow for another run and walked my little dog for a long time today. Baby steps!