Confessions - Part 1

Options

Replies

• amyjo519
    amyjo519 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I must confess....I HATE it when my workmates (both probably a size Xs-S) grab an invisible 'roll' of 'fat ' (i.e skin) around their middle and complain that they are "so fat and need to lose weight" !!??? AAAAARRGGGHHHHH!!:noway: :mad: :explode:

It drives me nuts....:grumble:

I also confess that i cannot talk to my MIL about anything to do with exercise, weight loss etc, as she starts recommending I try the dummest things...like taking diet pills or using those vibrating sonic belt things which do not work HMMMPH!:grumble:

Oh this is one of my BIGGEST pet peves!!! It drives me crazy too!! The 'invisible roll of fat (skin) part!
  • amyjo519
    amyjo519 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I confess that I give in way way way too easily when my husband wants to go out to eat. Especially if it's breakfast. Like this morning...whoops! I will be stronger...eventually! Oh and I had potato chips today! heehee
  • KLaurean
    Options
    I confess that I have a girl crush on Helena Bonham Carter....oh, wait, everyone knows that already...

I also have a girl crush on Helena Bonham Carter....and Sheri Moon Zombie.
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    I also confess that it pisses me off when I see before and after pictures of people who have lost as much weight as I have and they look like totally different people, whereas I have only lost 2.5 pant sizes...

Dont be so hard on yourself girl!!! You probably do like a different person you just dont see it how others see it!!

You know what? Aside from Looking like a different person, you ARE a different person. You're making different choices, living your life differently. -2.5 pants sizes sounds like a wonderful gift to yourself. (Hmmm, where can I get one of those :-)
  • AnahitaCanDoIt
    Options
    I confess that one of the reasons I'm getting fit is so I can be VERY FIT for my 25yr HS reunion in 2011. I know that makes me shallow!

(P.S. Still stressing over the issue in my last blog post by trying to distract myself.))
  • kimfab
    Options
    I confess, I'm going to borrow your Princess Bride quote for FB. :)

Back to basics for me after a full week doing everything to sabotoge myself.
    No MIL to blame, just a work potluck that was too good to pass up.
    Clean slate, new day! Glad you all are here!

"INCONCEIVABLE!"
    - "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."
  • Beebee78
    Options
    Anahita I must confess that by your picture I thought you meant you were 25 years old next year not going to a 25 year HS reunion! xxx
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I'm confessing my crush on Rachel Maddow..... and that I splurged and bought a pair of pants in a size down that I can't yet wear. It feels like I horrible misuse of money right now.

I confess that I'm enjoying living alone (while my kids and husband are out of state because of our work situations.)
  • AnahitaCanDoIt
    Options
    Haha, BeeBee! I'm 41 and happen to have been born with good genes! Lucky me!
  • Mangoose
    Options
    I confess, I'm going to borrow your Princess Bride quote for FB. :)

Back to basics for me after a full week doing everything to sabotoge myself.
    No MIL to blame, just a work potluck that was too good to pass up.
    Clean slate, new day! Glad you all are here!

"INCONCEIVABLE!"
    - "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

You seem a decent fellow. I hate to kill you.
    You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die!

Quality film :drinker:

I confess that I haven't done any exercise this weekend :( Stuck doing 12 hour shifts at work. Stupid work getting in my way of having fun.
  • trisha329
    trisha329 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Okay, I confess that I'm really ticked off that my husband just left for the Broncos game. He got two free tickets, and I couldn't go because we didn't have a sitter to watch our son. I've never even been to a game before.

Wow, that felt surprisingly good to type.
  • MTDork87
    Options
    I confess I am losing weight because I know my sister is getting engaged soon and I dont want to be a beastly bridesmaid. I also confess I ate at lease 6 peaunt butter cookies yesterday wa wa wa...:( back on track today tho!

Hahaha I confess that I am losing weight because my brother is getting married to a girl I don't like and I am being forced to be a bridesmaid. I'm 10 years younger then anyone else in the wedding party and dammit, they're going to be sorry that they made me stand with all these girls I can't stand - because I'm going to look the best in her hideous mauve bridesmaid's dress.
  • snowness
    Options
    I confess that I tailgated yesterday and had whatever I wanted whenever I wanted and though I probably should have I dont' feel guilty about it.
    Though I am so addicted to trackgin on here that I tracked everything that went into my mouth (as well as all of the walking I did) and it wasn't pretty.
  • ♥jewelchristian♥
    ♥jewelchristian♥ Posts: 3,666 Member
    Options
    "Wow, that felt surprisingly good to type. "

Proof that confessions are good for the soul

I confess that I drank an entire bottle of red wine last night at a wedding, I tracked it and also tracked the dancing that I did. There were only 4-5 of us who danced all night. Unfortunately the dancing included the macarena, so I did that in public last night :embarassed: All the other guests just sat at the tables.
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I confess that I hate having to explain why wheat pasta is better than regular pasta to my darling husband...read a nutrition article once in a while!!! Of course he is telling me this while he is standing in the pantry eating potato chips and looking at the two different boxes.
  • Disciplined74
    Disciplined74 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I confess that I am so scared to loose weight because I am scared to loose my boobs.

Rediculous I know but I've never been skinny and I'm scared of what my body will look like, how to act in, how to react to people when they comment it on, etc.

But mainly I'm scared having a negative self body image if I loose my boobs.

My weight doesn't bother me because I look down and see boobs, not belly. But I know I need to be more healthy. So I guess my reward for reaching my weight loss goal will be fake boobies.
  • lavondrew
    Options
    I confess that:
    a. I do a better job at taking care of everyone & everything else than I do taking care of myself.

b. The evangelical zeal that some formerly-fat-now-skinny people have grates on me. Their unsolicited advice makes me crazy. For example: "Don't eat too much corn on the cob or too many peaches. It has too much sugar." Here's a hint: my chub is courtesy of fast food, not too much time in the produce department. Ugh!
  • mlagena
    mlagena Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm absolutely TERRIFIED of being pregnant but I want kids... kinda. My husband and I have been talking about it recently and it may happen soon. But I'm TERRIFIED!
  • baker_c
    baker_c Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I confess that I hate my husbands metablism...Big breakfasts, 3 sandwhiches for lunch, big dinners, actually drinking weight gain - what is up with that - who does that? Drinking weight gain just to keep the weight on? And...he's 175# with muscles.......Ugh....I eat 1 extra thing and it attaches itself to my butt!
  • scott24
    scott24 Posts: 132
    Options
    I confess to:
    1. resenting my wife for buying potato chips, snack crackers, cheese balls, chocolate-covered cranberries and garlic bread. She "found" MFP for me, but keeps buying this junk FOR OUR KIDS because hey - they shouldn't be shielded from such foods but should enjoy being kids. What is up with that?
    2. after sitting through a ridiculous amount of Full House re-runs with my kids (why do they watch this?) I reminded them that John Stamos and I are only a year apart in age and both of us can boast of having great hair. I guess the confession part is that I wish I had more in common with him, but oh well...
    3. not getting in my lunch time walks a few days this week/weekend (nor making them up in the evening) because it was cloudy and just might rain.
    4. Spending too much time on MFP.