Desperate! Look for Advice & Help!

Options
2»

Replies

• sassyclassydino
    Options
    Not all trainers are created equal. This thread, active right now, gives a great example of a misguided trainer: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1072326-went-from-eating-700-calories-a-day-to

Hang in there! :flowerforyou:

Thank you for the helpful link! I guess I'm off on a hunt to get a new trainer...
  • mama_speak
    Options
    it looks like you need to up your calorie intake with the amount of calories you're burning with training. Make sure you're eating lots of fruits and vegetables and whole foods and less oils and sugars to help with your weightloss. If you want to talk further about menu options and what not feel free to email me!

also, sounds like you could use another trainer, do you have more options where you live?
  • Inmygenes
    Options
    I also workout after dinner and do not like the taste of whey protein. I started to mix fruit in with vanilla whey protein and blend it with ice. If I am really low on calories I will add Greek yogurt to it.
  • ash190489
    ash190489 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Just from looking at your food diary perhaps lower carb intake to less than 120g and up your protein to a minimum of 100g. Your sugar (even though lots of it is natural from fruit etc) looks to always go over and sodium is quite high.

After a plateau of 12 months (and I'm a teacher too!!!) I finally made some changes/slight adjustments to my already very healthy diet and all I did was lower carbs to under 120g, upped my protein to 130-160g and watch my sugar and sodium levels...

I use Stevia for sugar instead & I only eat 1/2 banana, 30-50g blueberries & a few strawberries or raspberries daily to ensure I'm getting my fruit but not going overboard.

Any ideas for how to get more protein? I so love peanut butter but don't want to go overboard with it! Lol

djwife03 - I originally found it difficult to up my protein but now I find it quite easy. I try and have protein at every meal (and a decent amount at that approx 20g + if possible!

Breakfast: Overnight Oats (I add vanilla or choc protein powder (20g - 2/3 scoop) to my oats overnight and sometimes add some peanut butter.

Lunch: 100g lean meat (chicken, beef, lamb etc) with veg/salad + 30g brown rice or 25g quinoa

Dinner: 100g lean meat again with salad or veg plus sweet potato or brown rice/quinoa/chickpeas

Snacks: Boiled, scrambled or poached eggs or nuts or cottage cheese, peanut butter, protein balls, QUESTBAR, whenever I do weight training I have 30g (1 scoop) of my protein shake plus dessert I will add protein to a 'Mug Cake' or a QUESTBAR.

All my baking includes protein powder too - atm I am loving clean banana bread and clean mini cupcakes!
  • candylilacs
    candylilacs Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Your trainer is only responsible for your workouts. My personal trainer tells me that weight loss is 80/20 (eating/exercise). So no matter what you do exercise-wise, it's still dependent on your eating. Now my trainer would like me to eat 1800 calories a day and work out every day., but my calories vary from 1400-2000 and I work out probably five times a week.

You are responsible for your eating. You need to learn about nutrition or talk to a doctor/nutritionist/dietitian to make wise decisions. Personally, I don't think carbs are a bad thing, as long as they're complex and you're eating protein and fruits/vegetables with every meal.