Met calorie intake and are hungry, what do you eat?

Options
2»

Replies

• DrunkenFaeGirl
    Options
    I try to keep things from this list on hand for those occasions:
    http://www.shape.com/healthy-eating/diet-tips/50-tasty-foods-under-50-calories/slide/37
  • bokchoybaby
    bokchoybaby Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Generally I find it much easier to eat with my weekly totals in mind. Some days I'm hungrier than others and as long as I am positive I am genuinely hungry as opposed to thirsty, bored, etc. and I haven't been going over every day, I eat. If my calories were more of a concern I might go for something like nuts/nut butter and some sliced fruit or some veggies and hummus. A reasonable combination of protein, fat and fiber helps me feel fuller longer.
  • beetpoet
    beetpoet Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Try a meal of protein and green vegetables. You could make a great salad with chicken and mixed greens, cucumber, green onions, avocado, tomato. Or you could use a hard-boiled egg and/or tuna instead of chicken. I find this fills me up and I don't get hungry for about three hours.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Honestly... so far, nothing. I make sure I have enough calories for dinner and a little bit extra. I've gone to bed hungry a couple times, I survived.
  • colleeg
    colleeg Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    thanks guys, i iove the pickles and cucumber ideas! I love cucumber with a sprinkle of salt!
    yes that water, I will have to make sure im getting enough of it! need a toilet right next to me!
  • CrazyCatLadylovescats
    Options
    My gallon jar of pickles says that there are 0 calories per serving. Probably closer to one or two, which, if you chew them, you probably use up.

I like cucumbers with seasoned salt mix, skin on.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    I eat something with a great deal of fat
    This keeps me satiated & then spread out the caloric overage over the course of a week :drinker:
  • Marina809
    Options
    I just started doing this a couple of days ago and it really does work. I usually drink black coffee anytime of the day but I switched to hot tea with Splenda sometimes. It makes me feel like I've had a treat..
    When I need something a little bit sweet but don't want the calories, I have some tea with a little splenda or other no-calorie sweetener. It satiates my taste buds!

Oh, and cucumbers.
  • jobrian1984
    Options
    Hi all:wink:
    If you reach your calorie intake and are hungry what do you eat? i was thinking a little bowl of green vegies or a garden salad, that would be very many calories but at least you are choosing a better snack.

Started back with MFP and im very hungry today! i am still within calories and have budgeted dinner and avo tea. But i normally get the night snacks so im hoping i have something left to save me!

Any ideas or experiences?:smile:

How much do you weight and what is the calorie intake? Maybe your daily caloric intake is too low....
  • colleeg
    colleeg Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    jobrian1984-
    my calorie intake is suppose to be 1260 for the day, I put in all the details, im 155cm tall and weight 81kg or 178lb 9. it came out with 1260 for the day.
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    If I'm really hungry, I'll eat more food. But first I'll have an herbal tea to see if it was just thirst.

I'm not usually hungry after dinner though cause I eat the majority of my calories at dinner.
  • angelo74
    angelo74 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    What I like to eat are frozen grapes or frozen raspberries. Something about a little bit of crunch and the cold takes my hunger away.
  • grandmamere
    grandmamere Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Bottom line...drink water wait 15 minutes & if your still hunger grab some protein packed food. :smile: Good luck and don't feel bad about going over as long as you don't make a habit of it it's to easy.