Did it surprise anyone how easy it was to lose weight?

Options
124»

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    yeah I know I will hit a MAJOR plateau sooner or later, but it has surprised me how "easily" the last 33 lb have come off (since the end of March). I've lost about 75-80 lb since 2008 and the first 40 or so took a few years to come off! I really think calorie counting is key for me.

I have made positive changes diet wise, but in the past I think a typical week had me ranging from 600-3,000 calorie days! Just because sometimes I was hungry, sometimes I wasn't, sometimes I made great choices and other times I unknowingly ate a 1,600 calorie restaurant dinner followed up with a "small" 700 cal milkshake. Sometimes I'd have a 100 cal breakfast and then skip lunch and eat a small Schlotzskys sandwich for dinner...which meant a 600 calorie day and wondering why I wasn't losing weight! I truly believe hanging steadily in the 1,200-1,800 calorie range is what's helped me lose the 33 lb and I have MFP to thank!
  • ddoeren84
    Options
    The thing that surprised me was how easy it was to count calories... Granted, I'm not perfect but I always heard people saying how much they hate it and how horrible counting calories is... I don't get it! I LOVE it! It makes me feel like I'm in control of my body.

It is easy now with smartphones and the availability of information, just think of how much more difficult this would have been 10 years ago let alone 20.
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Yea I never realized all I had to do was STOP EATING SO MUCH....lol srs
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Yes, and that really scares me. I keep thinking this is going to stop and it is going to be almost impossible for me the lose just like it was the last 4 or 5 times I tried. The difference of course is, this is not some ridiculous fad diet, but a healthy eating plan that keeps me full and satisfied. I know all that in my head, but I still get on the scale every day because I'm expecting this to be the day that the weight loss stops. I know I need professional help, lol but that is what happens after years and years of yo yo fad dieting. My head and my metabolism are both messed up!
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I struggled for years with crash diets and always doing the dumbest things to lose weight. Ever since I discovered my fitness pal, when I stick to it, the weight comes off without much work. It's not like I have to go kill myself in the gym for 5 hours a day and eat nothing but steamed broccoli. I just count calories, eat what I want and go for a walk (or get my exercise at work). It just amazed me how simple it has been. Wish I would've discovered fitness pal sooner!

It was very easy to lose weight at the beginning, but it's getting harder and harder as the time passes by... :/
    I was shocked at the start but now it kind of surprises me if I even lose a couple of kgs every now and then.
  • sunfirelynn
    sunfirelynn Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    The myfitnesspal is awesome, its helped me alot. Yes I agree its very easy to lose with it . ..