What determines if you accept or decline a FR????

Options

Replies

• NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I don't decline friend requests. (unless they specifically request I do - it has happened) Most of the people on my list just want a link back to my success story for when they need a push. I can't refuse that because I depended on success stories to get me through the days when dieting seemed more like torture. Unfortunately that means I am tapped out on friends (the site only lets you have 1000) so I have to delete the ones that haven't been online for a couple months. :frown: I have never had a problem responding to the messages for encouragement or questions so I shall keep my "more the merrier" policy.

Wait someone has sent you a friend request asking that you decline said friend request ? Lol
  • EmmaOnTrack
    EmmaOnTrack Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I accept very few and maintain a small group of friends because I want to actually remember who folks are and what their story is when they post on my newsfeed.

I have more in common with sassy, open-minded, quick-witted, worldly people over 30 - so that's who I try to surround myself with here and in my everyday life.

:smile:
  • debbash68
    debbash68 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    I'm a friend request slut, a FRUT if you will! Accept all cos I'm not exclusive Iifes too short x yay for the FRUTS
  • debbash68
    debbash68 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    I pretty much accept everyone unless it appears that you're a friend collector. I don't even delete inactive friends but if I notice that you are not conducting yourself in an appropriate manner in the MFP community (i.e. bullying, calling someone fat, stupid, etc), I'll delete you without even giving you an explanation. I don't play that!
    [/quote
    Awwww that right bicep really has morals :flowerforyou:
  • AshleyM71
    AshleyM71 Posts: 3,029 Member
    Options
    1. Sweetness
    2. Sexiness
    3. If they tried to make me smile or laugh.
  • want2lovemybody
    Options
    I pretty much accept everyone unless it appears that you're a friend collector. I don't even delete inactive friends but if I notice that you are not conducting yourself in an appropriate manner in the MFP community (i.e. bullying, calling someone fat, stupid, etc), I'll delete you without even giving you an explanation. I don't play that!

Aww!! You must be one of the good ones :)
  • ReadynWillin
    Options
    Semi-related, hypothetical question: if half your friends list has quit (not logged on in 3 weeks or more), does that mean you fail as a friend?
  • ShadeyC
    ShadeyC Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    TBH, I've never declined anyone. Having said that...if they never talk to me they'll get deleted. What's the point in a lump sitting there that does nothing?
  • tjohn034
    tjohn034 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    TBH, I've never declined anyone. Having said that...if they never talk to me they'll get deleted. What's the point in a lump sitting there that does nothing?

Preach!! :drinker: :drinker: :smile:
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I try to scan a persons profile to be sure that it's legit. I got caught in the whole Bigguybigrib thing and don't want that to happen again.

I don't friend men who talk creepy in their requests. The women haven't been creepy at all. I do friend both men and women.

Once I got overwhelmed with my newsfeed and deleted some contacts and felt bad about that, so I won't be doing that again. Instead I cut back on commenting about food diaries, except for people who really struggle and need that positive feedback.

I love my peeps.
  • Codename_Duchess
    Codename_Duchess Posts: 2,042 Member
    Options
    The balance of the universe. Everything has to be juuuust right, otherwise my chakras become out of sync & I have to sacrifice a living being. :grumble:
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    No about me written, 18 or 19, thin already wanting to be skeleton, collectors of women
    And decline if they are prettier than ME!!! Lol j/k i have tons of hotties on my fl.
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I accept very few and maintain a small group of friends because I want to actually remember who folks are and what their story is when they post on my newsfeed.

I have more in common with sassy, open-minded, quick-witted, worldly people over 30 - so that's who I try to surround myself with here and in my everyday life.

:smile:

I like this. I'd send you a FR, but I'm not sure I'm sassy enough.

:laugh: :wink:
  • Thewatcher_66
    Thewatcher_66 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I think people have lost sight of this site's purpose. It's to promote health, wellness and fitness and to lend support to those are looking for those same things. On another thread, some guy suggested that he only accepts pretty young attractive women and no one else. This is not Plenty of Fish or Bootycall.com. I think he needs to take his nonsense elsewhere with all that. Sure, I have attractive women on my FL but I also have Plain Janes, soccer moms and average Joes and they have become my friends for a reason.

Okay, off my soapbox.
  • 32sami
    32sami Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Jason I was just saying the same thing to somebody else. lol
  • 32sami
    32sami Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Btw, I accept anybody who doesn't treat mfp as a dating site, and I don't need any lengthy letter on why you want to be my friend. If you think you're good people then that's enough for me. :)
  • EmmaOnTrack
    EmmaOnTrack Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I think people have lost sight of this site's purpose. It's to promote health, wellness and fitness and to lend support to those are looking for those same things. On another thread, some guy suggested that he only accepts pretty young attractive women and no one else. This is not Plenty of Fish or Bootycall.com. I think he needs to take his nonsense elsewhere with all that. Sure, I have attractive women on my FL but I also have Plain Janes, soccer moms and average Joes and they have become my friends for a reason.

Okay, off my soapbox.

So...which box am I in huh?!:tongue:
  • shadowkat57
    shadowkat57 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Honestly, why bother making a FR if you don't include junk pics?
  • silken555
    silken555 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    A simple note is all I really need from a potential friend. Makes me think a real person is on the other end of the accepted button...:)
  • Thewatcher_66
    Thewatcher_66 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options

Okay, off my soapbox.

So...which box am I in huh?!:tongue:

Emma, baby. You know you're one of my hotties. :)