Powder Peanut Butter

Options
I was wondering about the PB2 I have been seeing recently. I hear that it is super low on calories and tastes the same as regular peanut butter. I was wondering if anyone had tried this yet, and what their take is on it.

Replies

• eblakes93
    eblakes93 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Bump because I want to know too.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    In my own opinion it does not even come close whatsoever, but I also grind my own peanut butter in our VitaMix Blender so to me nothing beats the real thing.... but to each their own..... Best of Luck....
  • tx_mom72
    tx_mom72 Posts: 96
    Options
    bump, I got some on my last trip to the store but haven't tried it yet...keep forgetting about it :laugh:
  • danielleh221
    Options
    I got something called Betty Lou's Just Great Stuff Peanut Butter and I think it tastes very similar to real peanut butter.
  • jess4fun
    jess4fun Posts: 20
    Options
    I like to add it to smoothies with banana. Gives it some extra flavor without the calories of regular pb. Not sure I would mix it with water as a substitute though. This reminds me that I was going to try to make a peanut sauce with it. Going to have to do that this week with some chicken.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    It's not as good as real peanut butter, but it is tasty. I use both the regular and chocolate flavor to flavor my oatmeal. I think that's where it shines - as a flavoring, rather than as the 'star'. For that you'd want proper peanut butter and just work it into your calories.
  • Scienceteacher42
    Scienceteacher42 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have used it in stir fry for a peanut sauce flavor. It is great.
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    It's great for using in things you want to add peanut butter flavor to. Specifically protein shakes or smoothies. I do not recommend mixing it just to use as peanut butter on a sandwich or something. Not so good for that.
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Not a big fan of using it as Peanut butter replacement when mixed with water. Definitely use in smoothies to add flavor without the addition of the calories in regular PB.
  • Leather_N_Lace
    Leather_N_Lace Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I love dipping my celery or apples in it:) It is also great in protein shakes...

Doesn't exactly taste the same. Nice thing is you can mix it to the consistency of your preference:)
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I just bought my first jar of it and I love it! I mainly use it mixed with yogurt or in protein smoothies, but I did make an African peanut soup recipe without, and that was good, too.
  • JeffGDDG
    JeffGDDG Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I'm going against the grain here. I like it a lot. I add a bit more water than it calls for but think its really tasty.
  • DHAZE999
    Options
    It's very good as a "breading" for fish or chicken. Spray meat with coconut oil spray, then roll in the PB powder with some ginger and salt/pepper, then broil. Comes out really quite tasty. PB taste isn't strong enough to overpower, but is a nice flavor and a great substitute for flour.
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    BUMP

8488541.png
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    It's great for using in things you want to add peanut butter flavor to. Specifically protein shakes or smoothies. I do not recommend mixing it just to use as peanut butter on a sandwich or something. Not so good for that.

I haven't used it mixed with water. I used low-fat jelly. Just mix the PB2 in it, and it is a WONDERFUL PB&J sandwich. And smoothies!!

Even the kids enjoy it.
  • juliasays77
    juliasays77 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    It's very good as a "breading" for fish or chicken. Spray meat with coconut oil spray, then roll in the PB powder with some ginger and salt/pepper, then broil. Comes out really quite tasty. PB taste isn't strong enough to overpower, but is a nice flavor and a great substitute for flour.

That sounds delicious! I'm going to have to try that!

I've only used PB2 in a PB/banana smoothie (perfect PB flavor with lower cals) and oatmeal- flavor was good, but I'm used to crunchy PB texture so PB2 didn't cut it for me there.
  • smwooley
    smwooley Posts: 133 Member
    Options

^^ This exactly. Great for getting extra protein in, but definitely not worth it as a peanut butter spread. Spend the calories and eat the real stuff for that :-)
  • trijoe
    trijoe Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    I mix it in plain greek 2% yogurt, with some honey, and chocolate chips. Reese's peanut butter cup yogurt! Oh yeah.........
  • victoriavoodoo
    victoriavoodoo Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    It is a bit less sweet than like Jif, but if you eat it on fruit or a sandwich with sweet jelly it's not terribly noticeable. I love it =] people will argue that it takes out most of the peanuts' nutrients but if you're just satisfying a craving you can get your nutrients elsewhere.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options

I agree. But when you mix in into smoothies, use a really good blender or you will just have powdery chunks of PB yuck.