What determines if you accept or decline a FR????

Options

Replies

• RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Bacon, boobs, or kittehs!! Must offer one of them to me
  • jboccio90
    jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I accept all request unless its a creepy message and will delete if they get weird.
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    Options
    I think people have lost sight of this site's purpose. It's to promote health, wellness and fitness and to lend support to those are looking for those same things. On another thread, some guy suggested that he only accepts pretty young attractive women and no one else. This is not Plenty of Fish or Bootycall.com. I think he needs to take his nonsense elsewhere with all that. Sure, I have attractive women on my FL but I also have Plain Janes, soccer moms and average Joes and they have become my friends for a reason.

Okay, off my soapbox.

You know, all the women on your FL will be wondering if you think they're plain now....
  • Thewatcher_66
    Thewatcher_66 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    RedHead, the plain ones are all inactive. :wink:
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    Options
    RedHead, the plain ones are all inactive. :wink:

So are you only allowing inactive plain Janes to save space on your news feed for the hotties? Hmm, interesting..... :wink:
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I accept all request unless its a creepy message and will delete if they get weird.

Failed FR message: "Hi. Does this look infected?"

I still don't understand why the person declined me.
  • Thewatcher_66
    Thewatcher_66 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Redhead- I guess this is how it feels to sit in the interrogation box at the police station. lol.
  • mspoopoo
    mspoopoo Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    It doesn't really matter to me. I don't have the time to hang on here all day.

I don't like people with fictitious disorder. They need a different type of help than this place.

I don't like pretentious precious people with a million FL requirements. They turn out to be the most annoying and exactly like their list of people traits they don't like.

Other than that, it doesn't matter.
  • EmmaOnTrack
    EmmaOnTrack Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I think people have lost sight of this site's purpose. It's to promote health, wellness and fitness and to lend support to those are looking for those same things. On another thread, some guy suggested that he only accepts pretty young attractive women and no one else. This is not Plenty of Fish or Bootycall.com. I think he needs to take his nonsense elsewhere with all that. Sure, I have attractive women on my FL but I also have Plain Janes, soccer moms and average Joes and they have become my friends for a reason.

Okay, off my soapbox.

So...which box am I in huh?!:tongue:

Emma, baby. You know you're one of my hotties. :)

Well you HAD to say that! :tongue:
    You opened Pandora's box up there my friend. Good luck. :wink:
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Nothing. I accept them all.
  • babyfirefly_
    Options
    If they don't have a profile photo, I don't accept. I am also wary if I know that it isn't a photo of that specific person... It's probably quite harsh/selfish, but I don't accept anyone who hasn't lost any weight yet.

In saying that, I generally accept everyone. If there's zero communication/I dislike certain things about their diet or find them triggering, I will delete them...
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    Options
    Redhead- I guess this is how it feels to sit in the interrogation box at the police station. lol.

Aw come on, afraid of a little questioning?
  • jacobhyatt91
    jacobhyatt91 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    i accept anyone...the more people to encourage and motivate ya the better...add me :)
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I accept everyone except for if I can see they have an ED and aren't trying to recover because it makes me too sad to see and if someone never interacts with me at all then I can't see any use in keeping them.
  • fish1552
    fish1552 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    must have a profile pic, must interact occasionally, hate getting a FR and then the person never says a word, why bother.
    Also, if no reason why they decided to FR me, I will check out their profile if it looks like they just collect people I decline.

Does being a Steelers fan help? LOL Ravens fans get denied QUICK!

Seriously though, I didn't accept anything until yesterday. Only because while I tracked my calories on my phone, I honestly can't say I hung around the forums - more because I have other forums I help staff. But now with my fitness band, I want to be more active here and encourage others.
    But yes, profiles completed and usually a photo that doesn't make them look self centered.
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Well, i don't get friend requests ( poor me ) but i would accept anybody and if they aren' t active or are negative all the time, i might delete them...but hey guess I shouldn't be to picky soooo I would still keep em. :)
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I accept if:

1. There is a message.
    2. It is not a creepy message.
    3. They aren't on a VLCD.
  • unoriginalusername007
    Options
    I don't have too many friends on here because I've only recently began frequenting the forums. That being said, the friend requests I do accept/make go through a rigorous selection process. Just kidding. Really, it boils down to a few things. Do they starve themselves? Not accepting. Do they log every freaking step they take that day? Not accepting. Do they eat any Atkins/Weight Watchers/Slim Fast/Jenny Craig? Not accepting (though I have been known to grab one of those disgusting frozen Healthy Choices meals in a pinch). Sometimes if I friend someone and then see that they complain a lot or enjoy throwing themselves pity parties every time they "accidentally eat six Oreo's instead of the recommended two" or they stop logging for a long period of time, then I will delete them.
    Agreed!!

I know a lot of you have said you accept all FR, but honestly, I don't have time to support everyone that friends me. If I have 300 friends, how am I supposed to keep up with each person and give them the motivation and support that each one deserves? I'd feel bad, since I'd only get to comment on 1/4 of the status updates etc. I'd rather keep my friends to a limit so I can give everyone the time they actually deserve :) For this reason, I generally don't accept just anyone. I prefer female friends about my age and if their diary is set open I check to make sure they aren't starving themselves. But half the girls my age seem to have disordered eating tendencies so I decline those unless the person is trying to recover. If you have an ED and you know it, yet you don't want to get over it, it really pains me to me your MFP friend. Anyway, I prefer there to be a profile pic, and I like it when messages come with the FRs too. I'm cool with guy friends too, but generally girls can relate to certain things I post more.
  • faceoff4
    faceoff4 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I am nice and accept all regardless of a message. I do delete friends on a weekly basis that are not interactive or supportive to their friends, so in the end I end up getting rid of the bad ones as they shake out relatively quickly
  • brittyandian
    brittyandian Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I accept everyone, unless there message is pervy then its a no go. If they annoy me, I delete them.