I feel disgusting and depressed... :(

Options
Ew... I just seem a video that me and my friend tool and I didn't notice my weight loss at all despite the fact that I've almost lost 30 pounds!!!!!!!!!! >:( AHH! So frustrating! It makes me so mad. And it really freaking discourages me. Yuck!

When did you notice a difference?

Replies

• Madele1ne
    Madele1ne Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Two things:

It's much harder to notice your own body looking different, we all have distorted views of ourselves sometimes.
    Secondly, the camera adds ten pounds.
    You are not disgusting.
  • Haley_alyssa98
    Options
    I guess, but I feel like that sometimes. :/

And thanks :)
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    I know you said you can't notice the difference but start taking regular (maybe monthly) photos in the same/similar outfit, location, lighting conditions, angles etc. and you should be able to see the difference. Stick with it, your mind will catch up to the scales eventually.
  • MinatoandClover
    MinatoandClover Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    As said above, it's difficult to notice small changes in yourself.

I would start taking measurements of parts of your body, maybe every two weeks or every month. What your mind sees can be subjective. Measurements are completely objective evidence of your weight loss.

I also agree with the above post of taking monthly pictures. If you're looking at yourself and looking at a random video, it can be tough to see where exactly the changes are happening and how much. If you're taking pictures in the same position, however, you can compare side by side and the changes will be much more obvious.