Sports Bra for us girls with the bigger ones ....

Options
Can anyone out there that may have been in the same situation advise on the most supportive sports bra for us larger girls? I am a 42DD at the moment, I have lost 26 pounds, and with that have gained the strength to do so much more, and I feel great. However, simple things like jumping jacks prove to be quite painful. I have tried many different sports bra's and none seem to do the trick. I usually do the bounce test in the dressing room, and more often then not, they are worse than my everyday bra. Someone here has got to have the answer! Please help....

Replies

• MTDork87
    Options
    36 D and I've found the best solution is doubling up. Mine are generic brands (I kinda go for the cheapest options) and I get fun colors and double up. Works for me.

Hope that helps!
  • iamstaceywood
    iamstaceywood Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Legitimate ?, some days, I use an underwire bra AND a sports bra. Some days not. I just bought a 'no bounce support' danskin brand. I'll let u know how it is post insanity. i'm a 38d. i was a 42dd when i started.
  • txtree50
    Options
    Walmart has Danskin maybe they have your size. You only other option is to order from the internet. Good luck finding something,
  • amyjo519
    amyjo519 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm nursing and its also very painful doing anything that requires jumping. I haven't found a good sports bra, sorry. But what I do to help is put on one of my regular bras, usually an older, not-so-nice one, and then put just a regular sports bra on over that. So yea, I wear 2 bras, especially if I'm trying to run. It might be worth a try.
  • peanut352
    peanut352 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the quick replies! I'll have to try the doubling up, never tried that before.

It's so frustrating!!

I hope mine shrink to 38D in the near future, that would be SWEET!

Thanks again everyone! :)
  • gnrshelton
    gnrshelton Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I've heard many people say they double up on there bras. One regular and one sports or two sports. Its probably cheaper to get two sports because you can buy in multi packs.
  • Avalon203
    Options
    Im a 36G and used to have the same problem....I wear a cheap sports bra that I got from George at Asda (which is similar to wallmart if your in the US) and then wear a normal bra on top. I just make sure the straps are tightened . Works very well for me when im doing aerobics or running! x
  • lisalynn35
    lisalynn35 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the quick replies! I'll have to try the doubling up, never tried that before.

It's so frustrating!!

I hope mine shrink to 38D in the near future, that would be SWEET!

Thanks again everyone! :)

I vote for doubling up!
  • bpayne78
    bpayne78 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I actually wear a 30G or 30GG and I get mine from overseas in the UK from a place called Bravissimo. They have them in sizes up to K, I think, and there's no need to double up. Here's a link to the one that I like a lot.....http://tinyurl.com/25tsmzm

I have it in the white and want to get it in the black. I LOVE it and there is absolutely NO MOVEMENT. You do get a slight uni-boob BUT they have other styles that separate if that is an issue for you. I only shop Bravissimo for ANY bra, not just sport. You might want to check out their sizing guide too, they don't go by measurements and if you have any doubts on what size to order, email them. They are the NICEST people to work with!
  • purplespeckle
    Options
    Yeah I think doubling up really helps (I'm 40DD) I wear my sports bra on top though It makes jumping jacks more tolerable
  • dastephlu
    Options
    I've gotten to where I wear my sports bras almost ALL the time, I have Under Armor and Nike, perfer Under Armor for the sweat factor, although Nike seems to give more support when doing execersice.
  • veniceit
    veniceit Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm a 38 H and breastfeeding. i double up. I went to Addition Elle (canada, it's like Lane Brant), and they carry sports bra's with underwire. they only go up to DDD though. I tried on the 38DDD for kicks, and I was surprised there wasn't as much movement. But the 38 band was too big, and they don't go down to 36. Soo I'm stuck doubling up, reg bra n a sports bra from Walmart overtop. I don't care about uniboob I care about smack a boob.

Thanks for the UK link I'll check it out.

Rachelle
  • abbracadabra
    Options
    I'm wearing a target sports bra and layering either a couple of those shelf bra tanks or one of the fitted Champion yoga tanks also with a shelf bra. I've gone from a 44D-DD to a 36D and now have lots of loose skin so doubling up helps keep everything in place! I remember seeing one at lane Bryant a while back and I know they have lots of sizes available online if no in store! Good luck
  • dukefanlisa
    dukefanlisa Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I always double up and wear two sports bras. I want NO movement whatsoever and this is the only thing I have found that works.
  • caryn2010
    caryn2010 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Yep yep yep. The double sports bra's are definite for the larger ta-ta's. :) I always wear 2 when I hit the gym.
  • sgeorgia
    sgeorgia Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I actually tried on some at Lane Bryant. I haven't used one to exercise but they were really comfortable and I felt locked in and not much bounce. I'm a 42D or a 40DD depending on the brand.
    good luck
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Enell makes the most supportive sports bras ever. They're a bit pricey ($65), but if you search the web, you can often find sales. Make sure you check out their web site for tips on sizing. Their sizing is different from other bras. Although they cost a bit, they last a long time, so you get your money's worth from them. You can order online, or search their site for retail locations.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    ENELL ENELL ENELL!!! I can't sing their praise enough!

No movement! I was using the double bra techinique for years and still couldn't do jumping jacks or running without pain. I saw the Enell bra on Oprah, (of all places) and went and tried it on. Seriously, no movement. I'm a 36DD. The bra is really tight and getting in can be a challenge but once you're in, you are in! It takes so much of the pressure off of your back too, and it doesn't stretch out. I wear mine everyday. Yes, can be pricey and sizing can be tricky. I had to send my first one back and the customer service was awesome. Worth every cent.
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I'm a 38G and what I end up doing is doubling up...underwire bra on bottom, sports bra on top. I really should just invest in Enell since I'm picking up running and the bouncing of the boulders is obnoxious. I also have to suggest Bravissimo! I know someone else brought them up, but I have to reiterate-they have great stuff! Not just underthings, but clothing and swimwear. I LOVE my bikini from them! They are pricey but in my opinion, worth it.
  • Robin42
    Options
    wearing 2 bras was the best advice I've ever had! Don't know why I didn't think of it myself...