Starting the 30 day Shred today anyone want to join me?

Options

Replies

• b3cca85
    b3cca85 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone hope you dont mind me joining :)
    I have just done day 3 (level 1) this is my 3rd attempt now but I'm determined to keep it up, I have just started counting my cals and extra cardio alongside the shred.
  • Amberlynnek
    Amberlynnek Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • Asphaltcowgirlx
    Options
    Apparently Jillian recommends at least 1 day or rest and at least 1 day of cardio for ANY of her programs. :]
  • cassienoe
    cassienoe Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Every one still going after the weekend?? I took Saturday off from the video and went hiking. Sunday was off completely. Back at it today! Increased weights to 10 lbs with the exception of the side lunge/arm raise exercise. Also did some full push-ups. Still need to get better so I can stay off the knees!

Getting kind of bored of level 1 so I'm really looking forward to starting level 2! How's everyone else doing
  • b3cca85
    b3cca85 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi Cassienoe,
    I'm now on day 6 getting bored too, I've had to change the cardio a little as I can't do the jumping Jacks at the moment due to damaging my ankle doing them on day 5. Still early on but my massive love handles have reduced very quick and now fitting my clothes better even though I haven't lost any weight.
  • Keisha2BFitAgain
    Keisha2BFitAgain Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I did L1D4 yesterday and I'm so ready for it to be over. I'm looking forward to the 30th day lol.
  • ct320
    ct320 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    HI ALL :) IM STARTING THE SHRED AGAIN TODAY AFTER A LOONG BREAK :tongue: LOL JUST WONDERED IS IT OK TO START AGAIN AT LEVEL 2 (I WOULD DO FOR MORE THAN 10DAYS BEFORE GOING TO LEVEL 3) OR SHOULD I START AGAIN FROM LEVEL 1 TO GET THE BEST RESULTS - I HATED LEVEL 1 AND PREFFERED LEVEL 2 SO WAS THINKING IT WOULD BE BETTER TO START THERE BUT WANT THE BEST RESULTS POSSIBLE :smile:
  • cassienoe
    cassienoe Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hi Cassienoe,
    I'm now on day 6 getting bored too, I've had to change the cardio a little as I can't do the jumping Jacks at the moment due to damaging my ankle doing them on day 5. Still early on but my massive love handles have reduced very quick and now fitting my clothes better even though I haven't lost any weight.

I'm thinking of changing to level 2 today. I am not feeling as challenged. I watched a preview of the level 2 workouts and they look like a lot more fun! I think I might switch early. I'm not sore anywhere this morning!

I can't tell if I've lost any inches or not, I didn't think 5 workouts would be enough to make a difference yet so haven't measured (TBH I did not even take starting measurements!) I did take pictures so I'll take them at the end of the series.

I've also heard of people cycling the levels. Like day one is level 1, day two is level 2, day three is level 3, day four is level 1 again..like that.
  • hayleyrhiane
    hayleyrhiane Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Started level 2 last night and I have to say that I like this workout better (less jumping jacks)! Feeling pretty good because I'm starting to see a difference in my waistline already.

Everybody have a great weekand stay motivated!!
  • Meghann218
    Meghann218 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to start level 2 tonight.....ready for different routines. Just happy to get through first 10days....just 20 more to go :)
    Keep up great work to all!
  • sslopez24
    sslopez24 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I just want to put it out there...I started level 1 on 8/8/13. The lightest weights I had were 5lb weights so that's what I started with. Boy were my arms hurting the next day :cry: . I took Sunday off so I am at day 5 today. I need to start getting up in the morning and doing this before work because at night I am so tired and just want to skip it and go to bed.:yawn: The big 4-0 is coming up end of Sept and I want to be in better shape than I am now! hope I can hang with you ladies and finish with results.:happy:
  • mrshallewell
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/15582-jillian-michaels-workout-group

please join us for extra motivation, support, and lots and lots of threads about random things
  • Keisha2BFitAgain
    Keisha2BFitAgain Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    L1D5 Done!!!
  • ChristyJade
    ChristyJade Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Hiii,

I started last week, just done Level 1 Day 6 this morning before work.

I made the mistake of trying our Level 2 at the weekend, and it's put me off wanting to do it!! Hoping that by the end of the week I will feel ready for it!! hahaha
  • LeslieMartina
    LeslieMartina Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody! I'll be doing L1D6 tonight! The first few days were horrible, but I'm not feeling sore anymore. I've been using 3lb weights and may switch to 5lbs for some exercises. Glad I saw this thread!
  • ChristyJade
    ChristyJade Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Level 1, Day 7 today! Going to do level 1 again in the moring then move onto level 2 on Monday :)
  • krystalc13
    Options
    I'm on day 3 of the 30 day shred and already seeing changes in my body. Just keep pushing yourself to do the harder modifications and do it every day, and it seems to work!

you can find Jillian Michaels 30 day shred level 1,2,3 on YouTube if any ones interested .
  • TurquoiseTen
    TurquoiseTen Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 2 of the 30 day shred. I did it last year and lost a ton of weight but a new job made me lose focus. So I am trying to get back on track.
    I'd love to track my progress as part of the group. :smile:
    Are we tracking inches lost as well. That has always worked better for me than the lbs .
  • Meghann218
    Meghann218 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    4 days left of Level 2 then onto Level 3...Can't wait! I am seeing changes and so happy with how my body is looking. :)
  • Cc215
    Cc215 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm a little late here, only found out about this programme today - but jumped straight in tonight. Hope you don't mind me joining you for the time you have left!