Stomache exercises that create vertical lines but not horizo

Options

Replies

• peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    All I can suggest is do your training, maintain a calorie deficit (then you won't GAIN muscle) and stop when your body fat % is low enough to show the amount of muscle you would like to show.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Helice,

Coming from someone who is very naturally slim and lifts weights, it takes A LOT of hard work to "look muscley." I can't emphasize "A LOT" enough. Don't worry about lifting the lightest weights bc even if you lift heavier, you won't look muscley, if anything, you'll look even better and more tone. And diet is the number one solution to any sort of ab definition.

It may be a difference in opinion of what = "muscley" but it doesn't really take a LOT of hard work, at least not for all women. Or perhaps it's a difference in opinion of what = hard work. Yes, you have to work for it and be consistent, but that true of any fitness goal. I don't find it any harder than increasing speed or distance in running.
  • BurningAway
    Options
    You should stop p90, why on earth would you buy something designed to give you that look if you didnt want that look lol? How about jillian micheals, or pilates, hot yoga, even xumba but p90 is specifically designed to give you the start you need to attain the very fit body those women have.

Seriously if skinny fat is what your going for your using the wrong program babydoll :flowerforyou:
  • BurningAway
    Options
    10/10 Would resurrect

tumblr_m9k1byis2q1qj5e8po1_500.gif

Lmfao
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Prancersize.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    xDaLqKA.jpg

My settings were wrong
  • BurningAway
    Options
    xDaLqKA.jpg

My settings were wrong

Ahhahahahaha
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I cannot answer your question, but I can offer personal experience.

When I was young (about 13-14 years old) I was on a dance squad. We had this trainer coach who firmly believed in core work (kinda novel for the 80's I think...not sure). Anyways, she made us do like 100-200 situps every time we practiced with her. Crazy to me at the time cause I didn't even understand formal exercise back then, only fun stuff like dancing. Anyway, this produced a line down my stomach that has literally never gone away. Even when I've ever gained weight in my life, I have still had some markings of that line. Muscle memory I guess. (Note, I do pilates right now, but the line has never disappeared even from sloth periods).

I'm not the only one I see with this. My husband still has soccer legs even though he does no formal exercise and hasn't played soccer since childhood.

So, I guess the only thing I have to offer is do a lot of stomach exercises. Or start really young. :-/
  • Tessyloowhoo
    Options
    Buy a new body or get thousands of dollars of contouring liposuction...
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Okay so...

Iv been doing P90 for a while now and have just started P90X Lean..
    But the problem i have is that i don't want to look like the girls in the videos...

They all have very muscley arms, very muscley legs, and big 6 packs..
    What i want is closer to being 'skinny fat', than it is being 'fit'.
    I do want muscle in my arms.. But i dont want to be hench.
    I do want a tiny bit of muscle in my legs... But i don't want it to be very see-able..

But my biggest problem the thing i need help with is my belly...
    What i want with my belly is to have the verticle line that goes down the middle...
    I want it to be very defined..
    And i also want 2 slightly faded verticle lines at the side of my belly...

But i DO NOT want the horizontal lines... So i don't want my belly to have like box abs.. IF you get what i mean..

Anyway i need help!
    Does anyone know of any exercises that just create the verticle lines down your belly.
    And dont form the horizontal lines across your belly?

Also does anyone know a way i can get less muscle by exercising..
    For instance im using the lightest weight i can find as too not build up too much muscle..
    But i mean for my legs should i skip the P90X leg workouts? etc??

Any help would be greatly appreciated..
    Especially on the stomache exercises.
    Thanks.

Pregnancy and a c-section might get you the results you're looking for ...
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't call what you are going for skinny fat at all. It sounds like you want some muscle definition just not what you'd consider "too much" muscle definition? That just means that if you start seeing more definition than you'd like, you can just gain a few pounds of fat. You might lose the lines you DO want though. You can't control that IMO. Good luck :smile:
  • pandsmomCheryl
    pandsmomCheryl Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you would like the Tracy Anderson videos.
  • Absonthebrain
    Absonthebrain Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    sweetheart, that's just not the way our bodies work. if you're going to work out like the girls on p90x, you will start to look like them. they got where they are by doing that type of intense, sustained work out. if you're looking to look like you're skinny fat, you're pretty much going to have to be skinny fat. even actresses and supermodels have muscle definition and they're very slim on the whole.

if you want your belly to be defined you're going to have to build muscle and then burn off fat so you can see that muscle. you will start to see the 6 pack with the horizontal lines because that is the way our muscles are made.

you can't really have it both ways, sorry :/

^^^This!! Well said girl! :flowerforyou:
  • DashDeV
    DashDeV Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    And dont form the horizontal lines across your belly?

You mean fat rolls, right?
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    xDaLqKA.jpg

My settings were wrong

I just died
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    xDaLqKA.jpg

My settings were wrong

you are my favorite so far today.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    10/10 Would resurrect

tumblr_m9k1byis2q1qj5e8po1_500.gif

Damn you and your Dragula earworm.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    The girls in the videos worked very very had for that look.

Very hard..

When i was writing the post i never felt like i was being *****y.
    they do look great, that's just not how i want to look myself..
    I never meant it that way,.
    I didn't want to offend anyone, or put anyone down..
    I feel like a right ***** now =[

Nobody is offended, lol.

What she meant was you probably wouldn't be able to get those abs anyway. You have to work really hard. Something you don't sound willing to do.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Pregnancy and a c-section might get you the results you're looking for ...

Dammit! Is that why I'm blessed with this vertical line but no horizontal lines! :grumble: