potato nachos

Options
beethedreamer
beethedreamer Posts: 465 Member
yummy dinner tonight. nachos! but used nutrient filled red potatoes instead of chips. you can cut them in rounds, spears, or a large dice and just roast them until they are cooked. half cup smashed black beans, fourth cup of cheese (too much for me, so I'd use a eighth next time) on top and pop under the broiler for a few minutes while the cheese melts. I put some jalepenos and a little taco sauce. but you could add whatever kinds of things you usually put on nachos. oh and fat free plain Greek yogurt would be awesome on these as sour cream.

still needs a few improvements before it's totally healthy, but definitely delicious. I'm going to make it again tomorrow probably (I repeat meals alot :P) so I'll take a picture to show y'all :]

Replies

• Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious!!!! thanks!!!!
  • sanura
    sanura Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    sounds good, how about adding some diced tomatos and onions?
  • beethedreamer
    Options
    sounds good, how about adding some diced tomatos and onions?

those both would be good. I wanted to put some tomato but we didn't have any. and I despise onions, so those are a definite no-go for me. haha
  • lilmom1
    Options
    What a great idea!!!! Thanks for sharing you really inspired me to see food in a new way.
  • scodymack
    Options
    This is fantastic! I never would have thought Greek Yogurt as Sour Cream... My family makes something similar to this, we call it Fiesta Potatoes... Its way unhealthy, but Im attempting to take my families traditional Southern Louisiana recipes and make them Healthier! Ill see what I can do to the recipe and post it on here!
  • beethedreamer
    Options
    This is fantastic! I never would have thought Greek Yogurt as Sour Cream... My family makes something similar to this, we call it Fiesta Potatoes... Its way unhealthy, but Im attempting to take my families traditional Southern Louisiana recipes and make them Healthier! Ill see what I can do to the recipe and post it on here!

this is exactly my mindset on healthy eating. I take unhealthy meals my family makes and then make it uber healthified to fit my needs. I love food too much to just cut out everything I used to eat. but at least this way I can enjoy food without it making me fat again
  • bpayne78
    bpayne78 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Those sound yummy.......although I'm not much of a bean fan....
  • beethedreamer
    Options
    Those sound yummy.......although I'm not much of a bean fan....

instead of the beans, you could use shredded chicken or some kind of lean ground meat for the protein.