Throat feeling is making me feel like I want to eat.

Options

Replies

• 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    Well thanks for all the positivity guys... seriously, I'm upset and you guys have to put my thread down when I'm unable to completely explain it. I guess none of you will be able to help unless you've had the same type of issue. -_-

Well, I am unlikely to have the same type of issue because of my personal preferences but some of the ladies around here may be able to help you with the technique of eating when it comes. Not sure "eating" should be what you're going for in that situation though. That sounds painful.

It isn't painful when I eat.

*facepalm*
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I take a throat crème about twice a week

Should give it a try

I told you that your dosage needs to be doubled.

I think between you, skully, and everyone else wanting to help I may be getting too much :smile:

:angry:

Stop with the angriness

YOURS IS BEST

:flowerforyou:

Over.

We were probably OVER when you erased my pics

girls gotta move on
  • benefiting
    benefiting Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Well thanks for all the positivity guys... seriously, I'm upset and you guys have to put my thread down when I'm unable to completely explain it. I guess none of you will be able to help unless you've had the same type of issue. -_-

Well, I am unlikely to have the same type of issue because of my personal preferences but some of the ladies around here may be able to help you with the technique of eating when it comes. Not sure "eating" should be what you're going for in that situation though. That sounds painful.

*facepalm*

Has everyone got the wrong idea by my questions because I feel like they have... :/
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

I asked you a legit question about it possibly being GERD or heartburn and you ignored it.
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options

NO PAIN

WOW
  • benefiting
    Options
    My throat and jaw often hurt when I'm hungry and/or dehydrated. Is that what you mean?

You happen to be the closest thing to what I'm trying to explain yet but it doesn't exactly hurt.
  • benefiting
    Options

I asked you a legit question about it possibly being GERD or heartburn and you ignored it.

I do not know what GERD is and it isn't heartburn. I was aiming that comment to the people make a joke rather than people talking sensibly.
  • timbrom
    timbrom Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Is it sort of a bubbly/gurgly feeling almost? I get that sometimes, but my stomach feels hungry too. No idea what causes it.

I know the usage of the word gurgly is going to make it seem like I'm talking about something else, but I'm not...
  • Capt_Inzane
    Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    When you get the feeling if you drink water does it go away? What about other drinks such as milk?
    Is it itching, pain, tingling, numbness in the area? Any external signs such as a rash, redness?
    When eating while this "feeling" is present does it feel differently than when the "feeling" isn't there?
    How often does this feeling come? Daily? Weekly? Hourly?
    Does the feeling often reside in one specific spot if so where?

You asked the question and while I realize you wanted a serious answer you're just not giving enough information for anyone to determine exactly what is going on. With all things I'd recommend you speak with a doctor and make sure there's not something going on. More than likely it sounds mental but you never know.
  • hsmaldo
    hsmaldo Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I experience this feeling in my throat or chest and I feel like eating when it comes. Is this normal?

Is it a tightness in your throat/chest?
    Does it feel like something got stuck in your throat?
    Does it feel like spasms?

I don't think it's normal and think that you may be best off to check with your doctor.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

I do not know what GERD is and it isn't heartburn. I was aiming that comment to the people make a joke rather than people talking sensibly.

GERD signs and symptoms include:

A burning sensation in your chest (heartburn), sometimes spreading to the throat, along with a sour taste in your mouth
    Chest pain
    Difficulty swallowing (dysphagia)
    Dry cough
    Hoarseness or sore throat
    Regurgitation of food or sour liquid (acid reflux)
    Sensation of a lump in the throat

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Gerd+symptoms
  • benefiting
    Options
    When you get the feeling if you drink water does it go away? What about other drinks such as milk?
    Is it itching, pain, tingling, numbness in the area? Any external signs such as a rash, redness?
    When eating while this "feeling" is present does it feel differently than when the "feeling" isn't there?
    How often does this feeling come? Daily? Weekly? Hourly?
    Does the feeling often reside in one specific spot if so where?

You asked the question and while I realize you wanted a serious answer you're just not giving enough information for anyone to determine exactly what is going on. With all things I'd recommend you speak with a doctor and make sure there's not something going on. More than likely it sounds mental but you never know.

First of all thank you.

Water doesn't make it seem to go away, either does milk. I ate two serves of cereal before and it is still there. There is no itching, pain, tingling or numbness in the area and their is no external signs. Yes, I don't have the need to eat when this feeling isn't around. Probably an hour to two hours after eating. No, just my throat/chest basically.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options

It will be hard to get answers if you are having difficulty explaining the actual problem.

^^^This. No one can help if you can't explain. We can't read minds. Not being mean, just honest. I understand it's hard for you to explain, but we can't help without you being more descriptive. Maybe a doctor could assist? They'd know the right questions to ask.
  • benefiting
    Options

GERD signs and symptoms include:

A burning sensation in your chest (heartburn), sometimes spreading to the throat, along with a sour taste in your mouth
    Chest pain
    Difficulty swallowing (dysphagia)
    Dry cough
    Hoarseness or sore throat
    Regurgitation of food or sour liquid (acid reflux)
    Sensation of a lump in the throat

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Gerd+symptoms

I think the only one that could slightly resemble my problem is "sensation of a lump in the throat".
  • benefiting
    Options
    Is it sort of a bubbly/gurgly feeling almost? I get that sometimes, but my stomach feels hungry too. No idea what causes it.

I know the usage of the word gurgly is going to make it seem like I'm talking about something else, but I'm not...

I wouldn't call it bubbly/gurgly but I am going to assume you know what my problem feels like.
  • benefiting
    Options
    I experience this feeling in my throat or chest and I feel like eating when it comes. Is this normal?

I don't think it's normal and think that you may be best off to check with your doctor.

"Does it feel like something got stuck in your throat?" is probably the most accurate.
  • benefiting
    Options

It will be hard to get answers if you are having difficulty explaining the actual problem.

^^^This. No one can help if you can't explain. We can't read minds. Not being mean, just honest. I understand it's hard for you to explain, but we can't help without you being more descriptive. Maybe a doctor could assist? They'd know the right questions to ask.

Well, I assumed someone else would of had the problem or knew what I was on about. Lol.
  • hsmaldo
    hsmaldo Posts: 115 Member
    Options

"Does it feel like something got stuck in your throat?" is probably the most accurate.

Is this something new or something you've been dealing with for quite some time? If it's a rather new development, I would certainly get it looked at by a dr sooner rather than later...
  • RHSheetz
    RHSheetz Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I sometimes get a feeling like I just got to eat something, about 40 minutes/hour after eating. What I attribute mine to is a drop in Blood Sugar which is triggering a desire to eat to raise it again. I try to resist the urge.

The only other thing I can think of is when I have (what I call) an itchy throat. Eating makes it feel better, and it is usually because of allergies.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Go to a doctor. You may have something wrong with your thyroid. Best get that ruled out right away if that is not the problem though.