Heavy Lifting Question?? :D

Options
I am 192lbs and I have decided to heavy lift to start sculpting my body and to lose some pounds. My question is, Once you start lifting will my weight start to drop as I sculpt or will I start to thicken my body up at 192lbs. I want a smaller, leaner and stronger body. Thanks for any info you offer up. Anything will help at this point!

Replies

• nsage1
    nsage1 Posts: 8
    Options
    I think this question should be on a different message broad so you can get the answers you want.

I myself would like to know the answer to that. I started my weight loss at 189 and I'm now 161-163. I have started heavy lifting with my husband and I also don't wants to get to bulky just want to sculpted my body and lose more weight.
  • teintze
    teintze Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Women can't get bulky when they lift unless they're taking anabolic steroids. I promise you. You will tone and sculpt. You may not see pounds drop in the same way as you would if you were doing straight cardio, because first your body shifts from fat to muscle and muscle weighs more. However, you will absolutely get smaller and more defined, even on weeks when the scale doesn't move.

And then there's the bonus that muscle burns more calories when you're just sitting there. ;) Lifting is absolutely an excellent, excellent way to get toned and smaller. Go for it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!