My first fitness NSV!

Options
Pearsquared
Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
My apartment has a small gym. I went there during lunch today for a cardio session on the elliptical trainer, and was dripping sweat!

After I got done, there was only one other guy in the gym walking on the treadmill. He was an older guy, probably in his early 60's. Since he was the last guy, I handed him the remote for the tv. He said thanks, and then said:

"I don't know how you ladies do that. It looks hard as hell!"

I was beaming. :D It was most certainly hard, but sixth months ago, I wouldn't have been able to workout like that at all.

Replies

• mama6k
    mama6k Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    way to go! You look amazing and I bet you feel amazing since your body can do so much more now
  • Pearsquared
    Options
    way to go! You look amazing and I bet you feel amazing since your body can do so much more now
    Thank you! I do have much more stamina than I used to, and I'm not afraid of long walks anymore. (:
  • TheBitSlinger
    TheBitSlinger Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I was beaming. :D It was most certainly hard, but sixth months ago, I wouldn't have been able to workout like that at all.

Sweet! May 20, 2013, I could barely do 13 minutes on the elliptical. Yesterday, I did "40 HII/35 LII" for 65 minutes and 5 miles. No matter how long it takes, I will do 5 miles in under 60 minutes.
  • plumnbagel
    plumnbagel Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's such a great story - thanks for sharing!
  • kateauch
    kateauch Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!! More to come!
  • Pearsquared
    Options

Sweet! May 20, 2013, I could barely do 13 minutes on the elliptical. Yesterday, I did "40 HII/35 LII" for 65 minutes and 5 miles. No matter how long it takes, I will do 5 miles in under 60 minutes.
    That's a great goal. (: I've never had a fitness goal in mind, but it's nice to know that I can push myself.
  • ChristineinMA
    ChristineinMA Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Newbie here - what's an NSV?
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Non Scale Victory
    Newbie here - what's an NSV?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!