I just had liquid calories .

Options
Apart from bananas and pizzas ( which will never happen ) liquid calories are like my biggest fear foods, I'm freaking out but a little bit proud . Sorry, I just wanted to share that.

Replies

• bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    liquid calories such as? i prefer not to drink my calories unless its a protein shake or the occasional alcoholic beverage, but thats just me - i would rather be able to eat more solid, filling foods.
  • thiswillbeit
    thiswillbeit Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    liquid calories such as? i prefer not to drink my calories unless its a protein shake or the occasional alcoholic beverage, but thats just me - i would rather be able to eat more solid, filling foods.
    Apple juice , I don't like drinking calories , but it's good to conquer fear foods , and if I'm able to drink calories, when I don't feel like eating , it's a bit easier apparently
  • henriettevanittersum
    henriettevanittersum Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congrats, it must be so hard to step over that fear... keep it up!
  • mandeenicoleb
    mandeenicoleb Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Apple juice , I don't like drinking calories , but it's good to conquer fear foods , and if I'm able to drink calories, when I don't feel like eating , it's a bit easier apparently

Aw, just a cup? Don't feel bad about that! I don't really drink calories because I actually just prefer water...but just treat it like anything else you're logging. I'm glad you are conquering a fear :)
  • Capt_Inzane
    Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Found some Minute Maid Lemonade that's 10 calories and then another that's 15 calories. I'll drink the entire bottle as it's low in sugar as well!

I made the mistakes of drinking some Cherry Limeade thinking it was the 10 calorie version ..nope 120 calories per 8oz and I had at least 20oz of the stuff. Was so frustrated
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    What did you have? How much did you drink? We're all on pins and needles here and are dying to know.
  • thiswillbeit
    thiswillbeit Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    What did you have? How much did you drink? We're all on pins and needles here and are dying to know.
    200 mls of apple juice , 86 calories
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    the fact that you have "fear foods" is telling.

work on that. youll be much happier (and likely more successful in this).
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options

See, that's not such a big thing is it?
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

Uhm, yeah, duh. This forum is "gaining weight" and thus some members posting in it will be recovering from restrictive eating disorders. The fact that the poster has shared what she consumed, even through the fear, IS working on it.

Read first, dude.

OP: That is awesome. Every time you are able to step past that panicky feeling - THAT is recovery. Very, very cool!
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options

Uhm, yeah, duh. This forum is "gaining weight" and thus some members posting in it will be recovering from restrictive eating disorders. The fact that the poster has shared what she consumed, even through the fear, IS working on it.

Read first, dude.

OP: That is awesome. Every time you are able to step past that panicky feeling - THAT is recovery. Very, very cool!

holy crap, i didnt even see the group.

my apologies to the OP.

def wish i read the group name.

good luck with your continued success OP!
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options

And you were like...

tumblr_inline_mlb7uwqVTw1qz4rgp.gif
  • Gel_W
    Gel_W Posts: 20
    Options
    Well done, not sure what issues you've faced but clearly you have! So congrats you should be proud.
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Found some Minute Maid Lemonade that's 10 calories and then another that's 15 calories. I'll drink the entire bottle as it's low in sugar as well!
    I found that in our grocery store about a month or two ago. Didn't figure it would be any good.
    Surprise!
    That and MM's orange juice at 50 cal/serving is great for fruit-juice-loving me.
    Also, Welch's has a "light" grape juice at 45 cal/serving.
    Frankly, I can't taste any difference between the lo-cal and the regular versions.
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Keep up the good work!

To the guy who made the mistake in missing the category - at least you were trying to be encouraging. It's gonna happen. :)
  • jojo86xdd
    jojo86xdd Posts: 202 Member
    Options

I made the mistakes of drinking some Cherry Limeade thinking it was the 10 calorie version ..nope 120 calories per 8oz and I had at least 20oz of the stuff. Was so frustrated

I'm obsessed with those Light Minute Maids. Best find ever.
  • HappyMeLovely
    HappyMeLovely Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    It is great that you broke past that fear :) I think that if you are supplementing with liquid calories you may want to try an ensure or something similar if you aren't in the mood to eat - it has more vitamins and nutrients than juice.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I quite regularly have cappuccinos. I workout enough I can afford to have them, and I would have them anyway, I actually find them filling, they have protein and carbs and a little fat from the milk.
    I also love these maple syrup probiotic yoghurt smoothies I occasionally buy as a treat.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    That's great OP! Keep moving forward :flowerforyou: