Peanut Butter M&Ms > Reeses

Options

Replies

• Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Reese's no longer have the rarity value in the UK, but you can't even buy Peanut BUTTER M&Ms in the London M&M store.

So, when I found an American Candy Shop I bought LOADS of them and was strangely disappointed. I loved them when I first are them in Japan, but now... 500g later... Meh...
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    I haven't had the PB M&Ms, but I can tell you if you are talking abou those nasty little Reese's Pieces, you are 100% correct. But then again so is fresh compost. Those pieces are gross.

However, I don't think any of it compares to a spoonful of chunky peanut butter mixed with a handful of semi-sweet dark chocolate chips, and eaten that way, or a layer of peanut butter sprad across a nice dark chocolate candy bar, and then topped with another dark chocolate candy bar.

Namely_Marly_Peanut_Butter_Chocolate_Bars1.jpg
  • SueSlick
    SueSlick Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    NO!!

the crispiness of the candy coated shell ruins the whole thing!
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    They are, because Reeses is made by Hershey's, a known child slave-labor company, while M&Ms in made by Mars. Who knows the politics of Mars company, but at least they (to my knowledge) do not use 5 year olds to pick their cocoa beans.

Those kids should feel lucky that they are given the privilege to support their families in such an impoverished area. Do they think jobs are just there for the taking?
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter M&Ms > Reeses

No. Just no.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    No f'ing way....nothing is better than Reeses cups...

False.

PB Maxx was better. Reese's was so sad and mad that another candy had exceeded the recommended daily dosage of awesome, they had a hitman take out Mr. Maxx. Subsequently, there are no more PB Maxx's.

True Story!
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    ewww, no, reeses all the way.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    E.T. says you no phone home

7241680558_90dc382836_z.jpg
  • ldrosophila
    Options
    They are, because Reeses is made by Hershey's, a known child slave-labor company, while M&Ms in made by Mars. Who knows the politics of Mars company, but at least they (to my knowledge) do not use 5 year olds to pick their cocoa beans.

Well hello fun sucker.

All I know is Hershey, PA is the f-cking best smelling place on earth....and maybe the Universe.
  • MrsMX
    MrsMX Posts: 98
    Options
    hungry for some now ... Thanx!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Skippy Smooth Peanut Butter and Hershey Kisses > anything.

FTW.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I put Maranatha organic peanut butter in little glass bowl and microwaved for about 30 seconds.
    Then I placed a few squares of high quality fair trade chocolate in the bowl and waited a couple of minutes.
    Then I slowly ate it. The chocolate had melted a bit into the peanut butter.
    All I can say is-you guys can keep your crappy Reese's and m and ms.
    My concoction was simply heaven in my mouth.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I put Maranatha organic peanut butter in little glass bowl and microwaved for about 30 seconds.
    Then I placed a few squares of high quality fair trade chocolate in the bowl and waited a couple of minutes.

Too much work/undercurrent of snobbery/pretentiousness for my taste buds.
  • ldrosophila
    Options

As someone else posted it's not real chocolate without the sacrifice of children. Just ask the Aztecas and Incas.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options

Eh. I will happily keep my Reeses and you can happily keep your concoction.
  • ldrosophila
    Options

Oh no I found it an enlightening post. I think it's wonderful how someone who wants to create a better world by purchasing the right products reaches out to the rest of us in such a nonjudgmental way. Why if you were going to change people's mind and get them to purchase better products for the world and the environment this is the way you would want to do it. Reach out to the unwashed masses and tell them about their crappy food. Truly truly inspiring.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options

Oh no I found it an enlightening post. I think it's wonderful how someone who wants to create a better world by purchasing the right products reaches out to the rest of us in such a nonjudgmental way. Why if you were going to change people's mind and get them to purchase better products for the world and the environment this is the way you would want to do it. Reach out to the unwashed masses and tell them about their crappy food. Truly truly inspiring.
    Sorry you took this so seriously! I was simply expressing my opinion of Reese's and m & ms like everyone else on this light-hearted thread. Gee!
  • PunkinSpice79
    PunkinSpice79 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    TYLER PEANUT BUTTER M&MS ARE LIKE REESE'S BROKE-*kitten* COUSIN WHO JUST GOT OUT OF JAIL AND NOW WANTS TO LIVE ON REESE'S COUCH.

Get a grip, son.

ahahaha! That's hilarious! :heart:
  • akp4Him
    akp4Him Posts: 227
    Options
    I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE....peanut butter M&Ms!!!!
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Skippy Smooth Peanut Butter and Hershey Kisses > anything.

FTW.

Oof...Hershey's kisses aren't better than any version of chocolate.