Is 2 slices of pizza bad?

Replies

• _EndGame_
    _EndGame_ Posts: 770 Member
    Depends what you mean by 2 slices of pizza. Also depends on your calorie allowance.

2 slices from a 16 inch meat feast triple cheese heart clogger deluxe will be far worse than 2 slices from a 12 inch thin crust veggie pizza, but if they fit within your macros, then no, it's not bad.

Everything in moderation.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    I happily work pizza into my day when I can.

Unfortunately we're living on a shoestring budget this month and nice yummy take out isn't possible. *sigh* I may need to put forth the effort to make some from scratch this week.

Making your own dough doesn't take much actual time. I tend to make a bigger batch, let it rise overnight in a coolish spot (fridge), and then divide it into 4 or 5 portions, put in cooking sprayed baggies, then freeze most of it. Then all I have to do is remember to pull it out and leave it sitting on the counter to thaw and rise a bit before shaping, topping, and baking.

I agree. We make our own at home for pennies on the dollar.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    You should eat the whole pizza.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    So its hard to maintain a proper diet with my crazy college schedule. I have class 6 days a week 8 hours a day with only one 30 minute break in between. We have a little pizza stand at our school and so they have pizza. I got 2 slices of cheese pizza. I can't log it in my diary because its not a popular pizza chan its a mom and pop family business.

So i got 2 slices of cheese, approximately the size of each slice is the size of a slice of a large pizza. (18")

How many calories would you guess that it is? Grams of fat?

Is this going to throw my diet off for the day? I plan to eat healthier later tonight, although i dont get out of class till 9 pm. (ugh) i'm just going to grab a 6" healthy sub from subway, with some baked lays and a bottle of dasani water.

Does this seem bad?

When I was in college, I carried a lunch box with me. Because of my classes (was taking 5) plus all of the student organizations I was in, my sorority, my co-ed fraternity, etc, I was almost never at my dorm. I was literally out of my room at 7am and did not get back until after midnight at least 5-6 days of the week. Don't let any excuse or hurdle give you a reason to eat food that doesn't really fit your macros or food that makes you feel GUILTY after eating it!

You can do it!

Edit: PS not to mention, it was way too expensive to eat out every day all day!

^THIS.

Bringing your own meals is not only healthier, but also WAYYYY less money. When I'm in school I try to only buy lunch once in the week, and the rest of the time bring my own sandwiches and snacks, or leftovers from the night before which I can just heat up on campus. This will be more difficult of course depending on how long you are on campus, but I personally find it more rewarding to know I didn't spend any extra money on any of the high-sodium/high-carb/high-sugar foods that are the most accessible on campus.

I'm sure there is more than just a pizza place and a Subway at your school - look into any student owned/operated places - at least there are quite a few at my school (Carleton U) and their options are a lot healthier than any of the typical fast-food joints or grab-and-go places.

We do not have any thing but this restaurant that sells pizza lol. Well we actually have a Wendys and Mcdonalds, and Starbucks right by campus but very unhealthy. Subway is a 5 minute drive and i am able to just grab it on the way home from class. I'm on campus 8 hours a day, with only one 30 minute break. (lunch break) my class schedule is 1pm to 9 pm.

Actually "healthy" is defined by your diet as a whole, not by any individual food item. Wendy's and McD's both have plenty of choices that can fit a variety of macronutrient ratio possibilities.
  • I think sometimes you need 2 pieces of pizza. as long as you still stay in your calories its fine
  • FerretBuellerr
    FerretBuellerr Posts: 468 Member

We do not have any thing but this restaurant that sells pizza lol. Well we actually have a Wendys and Mcdonalds, and Starbucks right by campus but very unhealthy. Subway is a 5 minute drive and i am able to just grab it on the way home from class. I'm on campus 8 hours a day, with only one 30 minute break. (lunch break) my class schedule is 1pm to 9 pm.

Damn! :frown: Where do you go to school?! I still think you could manage to bring at least one meal when you can. Other than that, I've got the same advice as everyone else on here - it probably isn't too bad so long as it fits your macros and your calorie count. :smile:

And feel free to friend me if you like - I don't have any "currently in school" friends on here, so it would be nice to have some support from a fellow student that also eats pizza :drinker:
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Yes. two slices of pizza are very bad. they robbed a bank the other day, and one of them assaulted a police officer and the other likes to kick puppies.

seriously, if you're getting enough nutrition generally and eating two slices of pizza won't take you over your calorie goal, and you want to eat them, then go ahead and eat them.
  • Find in the database a "18 inch cheese pizza" from a major chain, and use that. I've found, looking around, there isn't much variance, nutrition-wise, in pizzas (w/o toppings), unless you're having a whole wheat crust, low fat cheese, or something like that.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    So i got 2 slices of cheese, approximately the size of each slice is the size of a slice of a large pizza. (18")

How many calories would you guess that it is? Grams of fat?

Is this going to throw my diet off for the day? I plan to eat healthier later tonight, although i dont get out of class till 9 pm. (ugh) i'm just going to grab a 6" healthy sub from subway, with some baked lays and a bottle of dasani water.

Does this seem bad?

We usually get pizza from local places that don't have websites or nutritional info posted too. I just pick something from the db that sounds most like it and go with that.

Having pizza occasionally is not bad. Even if you go over calories it's not "bad" in the long run unless it happens so often that you don't have a deficit on average.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    I love and support pizza. I'd never call it bad. It's always been good to me. YAY PIZZA!
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Hasn't counting calories taught you the answer to your own question?
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    I hope not, since I usually do 2 or 3 and some bread sticks. I love breadsticks.
  • judyde
    judyde Posts: 401 Member
    I can't log it in my diary because its not a popular pizza chan its a mom and pop family business.

You can still log it in, just use your best guess. Is it similar to Pizza Hut? (deep dish) or more like Papa Johns/Dominos, etc? Just find what you think is closest and go with that. And work the rest of your calories around it, and try not too have it too often.

Good luck!
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    I hope not, since I usually do 2 or 3 and some bread sticks. I love breadsticks.

Mmmmmm, I've been know to skip the pizza and eat all the breadsticks.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    yes, 2 slices is bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...3 slices is much better!!!
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Nope.

Well, it can be.

If it means that pizza went uneaten. Then you probably should have eaten more. ;)

Seriously though, if it fits in your day, not a problem. If it doesn't, just get back on track tomorrow. No harm, no foul. :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,481 Member
    Well it's unbalanced.................................................................when there's no beer with it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition