Girl at work............

Options
New girl at my work she's very friendly and just adorable, been working with her for about 3-4 weeks. Starting to get feelings/crush for her but don't want to jeopardize work over her especially if she doesn't feel the same way. What should I do? just let the feelings pass? tell her how I feel? we talk alot but its always at work should I try to make a plan for something say dinner? srs thread is srs.

Replies

• want2lovemybody
    Options
    are u getting any vibes from her at all? is she flirting with you?
  • MrJimmies
    MrJimmies Posts: 113
    Options
    Hard to tell could all pass as being overly friendly but us guy's are stupid when it comes to this. I catch her looking at me sometimes, always smiles when I come into the room. She also tries to start conversations as taking the lead alot but idk. Not enough for me to make my move yet, I have a strict no dating coworkers code but in this case willing to break it :S
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Just keep the crush alive unless she throws herself at you.
  • walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    maybe try and organize an after work happy hour with a group of people from work? then you can feel out if she is single, in a relationship, off men for a while, or whatever.
  • MrJimmies
    Options
    maybe try and organize an after work happy hour with a group of people from work? then you can feel out if she is single, in a relationship, off men for a while, or whatever.

She's single and her roommate is super cool, maybe getting a bunch of co workers together and going out will work interesting idea, thanks!
  • Dreaaa
    Dreaaa Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Crushes are the BEST.
    Step 1: get her cell #
    Step 2: flirt a little, scoop out the situation, compliment her.
    Step 3: do this for like a week. Girls usually break down after 3 days and start initiating techniques so that you will ask her out.

Best of luck my friend! You are a great catch, she'd have to be blind and nuts to not want you. ;)
  • DempseyWRX
    DempseyWRX Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I would be damn careful here man. You can establish a "work wife" as they call it and just leverage that flirtation and not pursue it deeper, but if you're gonna go for it you should be damn sure you will see it through and she's open to it. like what Walleyclan1 said above about a happy hour to learn more. Also there is an entire episode of How I Met Your Mother based on this very question. I have provided you with a short clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYLg92o_Gj0
  • MrJimmies
    Options
    I would be damn careful here man. You can establish a "work wife" as they call it and just leverage that flirtation and not pursue it deeper, but if you're gonna go for it you should be damn sure you will see it through and she's open to it. like what Walleyclan1 said above about a happy hour to learn more. Also there is an entire episode of How I Met Your Mother based on this very question. I have provided you with a short clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYLg92o_Gj0

Good looking out man, it is very risky. I think I may just leave it alone for now and see down the road what she does or says..
  • TheRealOrson
    TheRealOrson Posts: 1,415 Member
    Options
    Try not to get too rustled brah.
  • MrJimmies
    Options
    Crushes are the BEST.
    Step 3: do this for like a week. Girls usually break down after 3 days and start initiating techniques so that you will ask her out.

Best of luck my friend! You are a great catch, she'd have to be blind and nuts to not want you. ;)

Idk might hold on this even though it sounds promising. What I have done a few times is when shes around i'd ignore her abit and talk with other women in my workplace I found it kinda makes her alittle agitated and when I say ignore not rudely but I would talk to them more when shes around kinda lulzy haha.
  • DempseyWRX
    DempseyWRX Posts: 93 Member
    Options

And what techniques are these? You know.... for science.
  • MrJimmies
    Options

And what techniques are these? You know.... for science.

This^^^ pm me all the good techniques will be forever in your debt.
  • RebekahR84
    RebekahR84 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Plan a night out with all of the co-workers. Ask her if she'd be interested in joining. Request her number so you can text her the final plans once there's a headcount. If she goes, make sure to ask her questions about HER, but don't be all down her throat.
  • RebekahR84
    RebekahR84 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Oops. I just saw that someone else already suggested what I suggested. Sorry.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    If you are a white collar worker this might not be the best idea. But if it is an easy going work environment then go for it.
  • Andimadx
    Andimadx Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Definitely get her number. She might be more open in text and might admit she has feelings for you
  • Dreaaa
    Dreaaa Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Crushes are the BEST.

Idk might hold on this even though it sounds promising. What I have done a few times is when shes around i'd ignore her abit and talk with other women in my workplace I found it kinda makes her alittle agitated and when I say ignore not rudely but I would talk to them more when shes around kinda lulzy haha.

You!! Are such a male! Girls HATE to be ignored. It makes us all the more competitive. We want to have your attention.. Damn this is a good strategy. Good one. ;)
  • peterplsss
    peterplsss Posts: 169
    Options
    New girl at my work she's very friendly and just adorable, been working with her for about 3-4 weeks. Starting to get feelings/crush for her but don't want to jeopardize work over her especially if she doesn't feel the same way. What should I do? just let the feelings pass? tell her how I feel? we talk alot but its always at work should I try to make a plan for something say dinner? srs thread is srs.
    Edit #2: just actually read whole thread, flirt with her at work to convey you actually like her, then invite her out to get drinks or if you're nervous invite a few people you work with out but if you do this make sure you're an alpha so your coworkers can't steal her.
  • MrJimmies
    Options
    If you are a white collar worker this might not be the best idea. But if it is an easy going work environment then go for it.

It's a chilled environment I'm going to see about getting coworkers together for a drink or maybe for poker "friend has a table" and ask her to tagg along and get her number aswell, still a big risk but I'm going to beat around the bush with her to feel her out more"metaphorically" not literally XD
  • peterplsss
    peterplsss Posts: 169
    Options
    Plan a night out with all of the co-workers. Ask her if she'd be interested in joining. Request her number so you can text her the final plans once there's a headcount. If she goes, make sure to ask her questions about HER, but don't be all down her throat.
    I'd invite you out and let you ask me questions about me if you nomsayin ;)