Chicken stir fry

Options
Hi all. Just wondering if anyone knew how to calculate the calories in homemade chicken stir fry...vegies, rice, chicken and teriyaki sauce?

Replies

• neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    You can create your own meals under the "Food" tab and it will calculate your homemade meal per serving. Other than that I'm not sure =)
  • jlorton82
    Options
    I use www.caloriecount.com you can type in the search bar the type of food for example "stir fry veggies" and it will give you a list to choose from and you can change the serving amounts in order to come up with the nutrition facts. then you can Create your own food on the database here. Most of the time if you do a search in the database on MFP there will already be something there. I looked up chicken stir fry and there are lots of options to choose from. :D
    Hope that helps.
  • decemberg
    Options
    Type in your recipe under the recipe tab...it makes it very easy!
  • JensLogin
    Options
    If you want to ensure you are getting the most accurate calorie count, my suggestion would be to weigh/measure everything out before you cook it. This way you have the best idea how much you are getting when you measure out your portion size. If not measured, rice can add up in calories pretty quick!

Like the other folks suggested, you can add a meal in the database here and use that on an ongoing basis based on your recipe.

The only draw back to using the homemade chicken stir fry recipes already in this database is that you have absolutely no idea how they made it in comparison to how you made it. If you want to be sure you are the most accurate you need it to reflect your ingredients.

Good luck!
  • sharonmac
    Options
    How do I calculate how much a serving is? Usually I use the recipe calculator but with stir fry not sure how to calculate out a serving. I know that prob sounds stupid but with everything that goes into it. Not sure how much chicken to use or rice.
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    To calculate my serving sizes, I take a cup or spoon or whatever and move my meal into a different dish, counting how many cups or spoonfuls I take. So, if I filled up that cup/spoon 10 times, I divide the recipe by 10. I don't necessarily eat only 1/10t of it, but now I know how many calories are in a single spoonful, cupful, etc. Does that make any sense?
  • sharonmac
    Options
    Yeah...makes perfect sense. TY!