apple cider vinigar

Options
does this really help losing weight?

Replies

• cheriesteenkamp
    Options
    tx.... so its a sour debate with apples... hehehehe...

so its part of a quick help scam sorta.. :(
  • WalkingMermaid_
    WalkingMermaid_ Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I put ACV on my salads, it's yummy and really good for you but I doubt it plays any significant part in weight loss...
  • MsPudding
    MsPudding Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    No, but it is supposed to cure warts.
  • traceyjayne1964
    traceyjayne1964 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I have found it helps to be honest, supposed to help with the metabolism and i believe it does, my weight loss seems to kick back in when i use it, when i stopped for a while i plateaued...each to their own i guess, but i wont stop taking it.
  • cheriesteenkamp
    Options
    well.. if it even helps with detox i would be happy... i bought a bottle.. clear apple cider.. so im gonna finish it and see.. cant harm trying.. :)
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    well.. if it even helps with detox i would be happy... i bought a bottle.. clear apple cider.. so im gonna finish it and see.. cant harm trying.. :)
    What are you detoxing from?

Depending on how you're "taking" it, it could well harm your teeth.
  • cheriesteenkamp
    Options
    i dilute it with water.. its not the raw acv

i have not detoxed for a while... was thinking if this is good for detox i can use it
    oh and for weight loss
  • KinoM
    KinoM Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I'm going to bite my tongue about detoxing. As long as you're not excessive about the vinegar it shouldn't do you any harm though, but I am entirely unconvinced that it actively promotes the loss of body fat.
  • andiebaco
    andiebaco Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Well... It causes me gastritis and when my stomach hurts I don't eat much.. So I guess it "helps".
  • KinoM
    KinoM Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Well... It causes me gastritis and when my stomach hurts I don't eat much.. So I guess it "helps".

I understand that people can react badly to it, especially if they have existing digestive tract problems, like stomach ulcers for example. Don't think I could do it myself.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I love apple cider vinegar and consume it all the time, I add it to many foods that I eat and get through a bottle of it every couple of weeks.

I did that when I was obese. i did that while I was eating and not-exercising-at-all like a slob and was gaining weight (not in a good way). I did that while I was losing fat. I did that while I was maintaining, and I'm still consuming loads of it while I'm bulking and successfully gaining weight (in a good way).

In my experience, it makes no difference at all. However, it's extremely low in calories and makes otherwise quite boring tasting food taste great. For that fact alone, if you like the taste of it, then using it to make food taste better without adding calories would help with being able to stick to a lower calorie diet in the long term.
  • cheriesteenkamp
    Options
    Ive only started yesterday.. .using 1 tbsp in morning and at night
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Apple cider vinegar doesn't help with weight loss nor will it detox anything. Even the detoxes you buy will not detox or cleanse your body... your body doesn't need it.

I use apple cider vinegar as a rinse for my hair. It is a great toner for the face. It does help my acne when I take it daily however it does not help with weight loss.
  • beachgod
    beachgod Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I've used ACV to remove 2 warts on my finger and a mole on my back. Seeing what that stuff does to the outside of my body has made me decide to keep it away from the inside. Having said that, I did try it with water once and thought it was horrible.
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Probably good sprinkled on chips, but if used like that not good for weight loss
  • cheriesteenkamp
    Options
    good point... but.. if it does help for acne on skin.. is that not part of detoxing your body? getting rid of waste?

and maybe it does have a healing quality in it for the warts etc, but then.. our outside of body is tougher than our insides, so have to agree there.

makes a person wonder :smile:
  • duqtape
    duqtape Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    It's great to add to baby chicken and turkey waterers to perk them up and help support growth and nutrient uptake.
    It's basically baby chick crack.
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    i dilute it with water.. its not the raw acv

I think it tastes good.

I don't see it detoxing you, helping with weight loss, etc. But if you like it - drink some when you want.

I would rinse my mouth out afterwards though, diluted or not.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,583 Member
    Options
    I use it in adobo.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition