Lunches

Options
Need some help with lunch ideas Getting bored with salads now :(

Replies

• Shelley8266
    Shelley8266 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I've been having a lot of soup. Healthy and surprisingly filling.
  • Joannesmith2818
    Joannesmith2818 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I do wraps most of the time, which tuna, or humus in there!!

And i have just started with those warburtons thins (like super thin bread), they are only 100 cals so you can put plenty of filling in there. I am eating the wholemeal one. I am not a big fan of bread but i love these.

I also like soup, though I do that more often when the weather cools off :)
  • lucasmoten
    lucasmoten Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I like fast food for lunch. Especially places like McDonalds which has the calories on the menu. Usually I eat things like Grilled Chicken sandwich or Filet o Fish if I'm not having a salad.
  • joolywooly33
    joolywooly33 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I like the occasional wrap, packed with meat, veg or salad! I get a bit bored of salads too and its had to get excited about protein shakes. My view is gettng bored is the key to failure! Also hate to say it but we are coming into soup weather soon.............
  • karu77
    karu77 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    If you have time to prepare them, this is good for recipes and inspiration :) Some of the recipes are not that low in calories, but there are a lot that work (portion control^^) and I like that preparing your food and making it look nice makes you appreciate it more :)

http://justbento.com/

The "sweet pepper and carrot confetti" is amazing and the "spinach tamagoyaki" is also really good.
  • amsipub
    amsipub Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I haven't gotten back into making my lunch meals at home just yet since I started working at a new job a month ago. So, I've been having lean cuisines. They have quite a selection that are surprisingly tasty.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Left overs from the previous night's supper
  • Helendv8
    Helendv8 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I do tend to make a lot of salads, but interesting ones - today I had roast squash, beetroot, halloumi and chorizo. Last week was broan bean, quinoa, feta and lemon (yum).

If I don;t have salads I'll have soup, or treat myself to sushi. I also love falafel :)
  • Nix143
    Nix143 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    It's all about mixing it up - I'm loving my salads at the minute but that's because I'm on yummy 'Nixy's 3 protein' salads - today was a huge bowl of salad with a hard boiled egg, ham and full fat gorgeous cottage cheese. Lovely.
  • ELEANOR43da
    ELEANOR43da Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Since I am a stay at home Mom I have the opportunity to be as creative as I want, I go from a variety of salads, soups, left overs , fresh fish, wraps, egg salad with fruit and ice-cream. I may decide on one thing in the morning ,but when lunch time comes I can skip it and eat whatever looks most appealing when I go to the fridge !
  • claudiakendall98
    claudiakendall98 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Sandwich thins ,Peanut butter,fruit spread

Ricotta low fat cheese topped with craisins and blueberries or any other fruit
  • PartyPerson
    PartyPerson Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    You don't mention what "facilities" you have to prepare lunch - if you are in an office you may not have everything you need to vary your lunches too much. Here is a list of things which I tend to take to work with me:
    - Wraps (salade nicoise in a wrap is my fav, really nutritious and filling)
    - Salads (but a variety, Greek Salad one day, caesar the next, sometimes a prawn cocktail)
    - Sandwiches (this is rare, but because I tend have sandwiches for breakfast - look at some of the unusual european breads - they tend to be more satisfying than supermrket bread)
    - soups (homemade are cheap filling and usually very low in fat)
    - pasta (sometimes I use this for salad, but more often I make a sauce and heat it up in the microwave)

This website has a lot of interesting ideas: http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/collection/healthy-lunch

I ALWAYS include a pudding - mainly cos I have a sweet tooth - usually low calorie jelly, as I find this helps to stem the cravings.

Hope this helps
  • Eidsnessgirl
    Options
    I top a sandwich thin with black bean hummus, some cilantro, and a tomato slice. If you have a toaster oven, broil a slice of low fat cheese on top just enough to melt but not enough to cook the tomato.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Most days I bring leftovers from dinner, which today does happen to be a salad. A white bean salad (great northern beans, summer squash, yellow tomato, carrots, celery, radishes, homemade vinaigrette).

If I have leftover meat only, I usually bring a sandwich wrap - meat, generous handful of dark leafy greens, chopped onion and tomato (sometimes add cheese, cucumber or other chopped veg). I dress it with hot sauce, some type of mustard or a homemade vinaigrette.

Other non-leftover lunches I like are: hummus w/ apple or veggie sticks, pb w/ carrot sticks, cottage cheese w/ fresh tomato & black pepper
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    "Bored with salad" does not compute.

Group A: leafy veg - spinach, lettuce, rocket, watercress
    Group B: protein - hard boiled egg, tuna, chicken, ham, beef, beans, cheese
    Group C: bulking veg - tomatoes, cucumbers, green onions, peppers, mushrooms, grilled courgette or aubergine, grated carrot
    Group D: fancy add-ins - olives, artichokes, anchovies, crunchy seeds, capers, pickles
    Group D: dressings - lemon or lime juice, balsamic, mustard/honey, cottage cheese, salsa, hummous

Pick at least one from each group. Endless permutations!

Or else search for an MFP Classic Thread called "more salads than you could shake a stick at"
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    i also got bored with salad for lunch.. i'm back to preparing food at home to bring with me like fish or chicken with veggies. soup is a great option, but be mindful of the sodium!