Fun Fitness Ideas

Options
My girlfriend and I have become committed to fitness and have been hitting the gym regularly. So I'm going to have money this Fall which is a welcome change for me. Instead of spending it little by little on drive-thru food, other junk food, and other things that aren't any good for me, I'd like to splurge on some fitness things we can do together. I'm set on the idea of some boxing classes (there's a good little boxing gym nearby) and this badass laser tag place that advertises itself as an "indoor war." I need more ideas! I can't do things that have a weight limit like simulated skydiving (that's probably going to be a goal of mine) however.

Replies

• kwedman488
    kwedman488 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Dance classes? If not ballroom, hip-hop is pretty intense although speaking as a ballroom dancer, ballroom is pretty intense as well but either one sounds like fun.
  • tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Join a gym. They offer tons of fun classes that you could do together, or separate. The gym is my home away from home. Some other ideas would be, nature walks or hikes (Free), skating if you can, bowling, zumba, kickboxing.
  • JanMarie2BHealthy
    Options
    Hiking, camping, martial arts, bicycling, swimming, water skiing, long romantic walks ;) I am sure as time goes by you will find a lot of things you two can do together that is fitness minded. Good for you :)
  • marcy_76
    marcy_76 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    OMG, I would totally go to Laser Tag with y'all!!

Also, try outside Paintball. I'm such a wussy, but I've heard from others how much fun it is.
  • MisterDerpington
    MisterDerpington Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Dance classes? If not ballroom, hip-hop is pretty intense although speaking as a ballroom dancer, ballroom is pretty intense as well but either one sounds like fun.

I like this one! I'm going to be afraid of sweating all over her (I perspire profusely), but still sounds like fun. :)
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    boxing ! it will be fun for both of you. I do muay thai with my partner, it's a great workout
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Look on Groupon or Social Living. They always have fun deals of stuff you can try.

Is there a body of water near you? You can try kayaking. Hiking, camping, fun themed 5ks like the Color Run. Go to a not too far away city and do a bike tour. Or maybe a couples cooking class to learn new and fun healthy recipes?
  • DrPepper000
    DrPepper000 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I second the dancing idea. I used to date a guy who was over 350 lbs. We went County and Western Dancing 2 or 3 times a week and he lost over 100 lbs.(He also changed his way of eating.) It was a blast. Take lessons and learn all the cool moves. The guys all wear long sleeve shirts so the sweat doesn't drip too bad. You can also change shirts during the dance. We belonged to a club that would rent big dance halls and hire a DJ. Club floors just aren't big enough to do it right.
  • smudgekat
    Options
    Weighted hula hooping!! Its soooo much fun, and a great laugh, I cant run to save my life so I tried this by accident , its meant to be pretty good exersize. really makes me sweat and raise my heart beat. You can get them in different sizes and weights depending on fittness level and size and dvds for all levels....

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    no one suggested rock climbing??

Wut!!! ROCK CLIMBING!!! TOTALLY AWESOME.

Krav Maga- you're going to love it.

Kayaking

Archery

Hiking

Mountain Biking
  • mescle
    mescle Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've been using the weighted hula hoop for about two months. Amazing workout! I sometimes alternate with step aerobics, two minutes step-two minutes hooping, back and forth. I've been told the hula hoop works 30 core muscles. I'm trying to get my gym to offer classes.