The weight is coming back....EEEK

Options
So I started at 230 and was down to 215 last week and as of today I was back at 220. My diet hasn't changed for the most part. I stay at or just below my caloric intake amount for the day. I don't go to sleep till 2 hours after I eat my last meal. I do cardio for 45 minutes, weight training 3-4 times a week and walk every night 3 miles to help burn off my last meal. I have also been doing a lot of Jujitsu which burns off an easy 800 cals each session. I have noticed my pecs and biceps getting a lot fuller since I started jujistu and weight training.

Thursday or Friday of last week i was coming back up from the 215(I figured water weight) to around 217 then on Saturday I messed up and went out drinking: 4 Estellas, 2 fruity mixed shot type drinks and 2 shots of patron. I then got home and ate a cup of mastacholi and 1/3 cup of spaghetti and 2 cookies and a cup of milk and went straight to bed. Yesterday I stuck to my diet but I got home and ate some Peruvian food that my mom made and I had no way to count the calories BUT it was a real light plate.

Today I weighed in at between 220 and 221. Is it possible for the body to put or store that as fat that quickly or is it just being retained as water weight?

Any clues?

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Water weight due to the alcohol and the sodium in the food you ate.
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    That and I find if I change up my exercise, it helps too! Also - eat the biggest meal in the AM or afternoon and the smallest at night! Good luck!
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Plus, remember that muscle weighs more than fat, and takes up less space--you said your arms are getting bigger?....
    Measure yourself. Muscles make the weight increase, at first, but your clothing should also be getting looser.
    And drink lots of water--every day--to flush any sodium and other toxins.

Enjoy your ever-improving body!!! :drinker: (water)
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    5 Pounds is alot to gain in one week, that would mean you'd of had to sonsume around 15,000 extra calories last week, which clearly you didn't. So it could be a combination of the alcohol, water retention and your strength training. Alot of people don't know this, but before your body can burn fat it has to burn off any alcohol in your system first. Everyon'es bodies react differently to alcohol, after a night of drinking for me I'm usually down about 4lbs, I chalk that up to dehydration, because most of the time it comes back by the next day. Drinking also leads to poor decision making, a perfect example is you coming home chowing down and going right to bed. Don'tlet it get you down, I'm sure you didn't gain 5 lbs in a week. You could be turning fat into muscle through your strength training too. I'm sure it's a combination of all of those things.
  • BeerKahuna
    Options
    And some foods digest faster so - pardon the directness - the effect on bowel movements (or lack thereof) must be taken into account over the short term.
  • knittygirl52
    knittygirl52 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Whenever you eat "out" (or especially when friends and relatives cook) you are guestimating your calories. The alcoholic drinks probably added quite a few calories, and alcohol does dehydrate--which means your body is now craving water and may hang on to whatever it gets. And the plate your mom cooked probably looked light, but perhaps it wasn't as light as what you would have prepared for yourself.

Either way, the important thing to remember is that you always get back up on a horse after it throws you. As long as you start back on the program today, that weight will come off and the rest you are trying to lose. This was a momentary lapse, not the rest of your life.
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Back to the gym. did my usual workout and im back to 218 after drinking 2 glasses of water. just trying to make sure I get back to 215 and more. I just have the tendency to compare my loss to others and it seems like everyone has a steady loss where it seemed like after my first two weeks I already plateaued.

I have plateaued many times before and I forgot how much is sucks!!!!