INSANE and BARBARIC Weight Loss Procedure!!

Options
Behxo
Behxo Posts: 1,190 Member
this is just nuts, who in their right mind would ever do this and why is this even allowed?!
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/nightline-fix-abc-news/tongue-patch-surgery-extreme-method-weight-loss-131423873.html?vp=1

Replies

• witmer1
    witmer1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    People do stupid things to lose weight. I prefer doing it right. Slow and steady wins the race.
  • celadontea
    celadontea Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Or you know, you could just eat what you like in moderation and move more. People are so ridiculous, lazy and too rich.
  • workout_ninja
    workout_ninja Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Some people are just born idiots and just grow bigger
  • evdenapoli
    evdenapoli Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I watched this on Dateline 2 weeks ago. I was horrified. I mean really! Just eat healthy !! :noway:
  • jesseBYAH
    jesseBYAH Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Reminds me of the fad in the 80's or whenever it was when people would wire their jaws shut to lose weight! Crazy :huh:
  • Behxo
    Behxo Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    I'm horrified that a doctor even THOUGHT to do this!
  • hollyk57
    hollyk57 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    OMG that's disgusting... only in Beverly Hills
  • JenToms80
    JenToms80 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Saw this earlier...crazy!
  • emmalouc93
    emmalouc93 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    This is so crazy.

Why would you inflict pain on yourself just to lose weight (that you will more than likely regain).

There are some stupid fads in the world, this may top them all.
  • JerseyGirlinTN
    JerseyGirlinTN Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Should have just gotten her tongue pierced. Same results and her husband will be happier for MUCH longer. :blushing:
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Seen this done 3 years ago on Tyra.

Who would get it done? crazy people who want to lose the weight fast in a short amount of time... that's who.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    People do stupid things to lose weight. I prefer doing it right. Slow and steady wins the race.

what you said
  • celadontea
    celadontea Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Should have just gotten her tongue pierced. Same results and her husband will be happier for MUCH longer. :blushing:

Haha <3
  • WhatAnAss
    WhatAnAss Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mf2vqa7VV81rccyxzo1_500.gif

no.....just no!!
  • Tiffa0909
    Tiffa0909 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Reminds me of the fad in the 80's or whenever it was when people would wire their jaws shut to lose weight! Crazy :huh:

Or when people were using feeding tubes to lose weight
  • Kyllosis
    Kyllosis Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    That is absolutely disgusting.
  • minus15pounds
    Options
    They would've lost weight by sticking to a 800 calorie juice diet with or without that patch. Moronic.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    i thought this thread was going to be about paleo dieting. :frown:

goofy-i-am-disappoint-5384_preview.jpg
  • JavaSparrow
    JavaSparrow Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    lol, the topic title made me think it would involve limb removal or something. :p
    It's not that weird, people get plastic bands clamped over their stomachs, if anything this is less invasive than that. Still, it's much better to change your eating habits and lifestyle than to just give up control for quick, uncomfortable (and likely short-lived) weight-loss.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    I find it ironic that the doctor from the Biggest Loser is pointing out studies that show how most extreme dieters who lose weight rapidly eventually gain it all back – and more.