91 pound weight loss (with pics!)

Options
JeanneTops
JeanneTops Posts: 2,604 Member
2013comparison.jpg

I joined MFP on my 58th birthday in Dec 2009. I weighed 242.5 pounds. By August 2011, I was at a healthy BMI of 154 pounds. In 2012 I took up running and a year ago weighed 144 pounds. Then I developed plantar faschitis, quit running, took up weight training and stationary rowing. Now I weigh 152 pounds and I'm in the best shape of my life for the second year in a row.

This was my post of two years ago of how I did it:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/314505-success-before-sixty

This was my post of last year on what I didn't do:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/707622-how-i-did-not-lose-98-pounds

And this is my blog post of pictures from as far back as when I was 11 years old:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/JeanneTops/view/official-135794

I'm posting here especially to say to those of you who have a lot of weight to lose, who have lost and regained it over and over again and/or who are worried that you're too old to do it again.

You can do it but you have to believe in yourself. I didn't believe I could do it when I started but I did think I could do it for one day. So I focused on just today and I've been focusing on just today ever since.

After two years, I'm just starting to learn what maintenance means. I've had my problems this year: my foot problem, my mother's illness, a couple of major bingeing episodes and some great vacations. I haven't gone over a healthy BMI because I have a great support group here to whom I could confess the eating problems, who inspired me to find new exercise routines, who care enough to listen and whom I care about and with whom I want to be honest.

Now I'm learning that I have to work on my own self-image. I worked hard to stop seeing myself as a fat person, now I have to work hard as seeing myself as someone who always eats responsibly - through vacations, celebrations, trips, injuries and assorted stressful times. I still log everything I eat, I still weigh myself daily, I probably always will. That's ok because, as I've said elsewhere, it's a small price to pay to feel as good, and as good about myself, as I do now.

Here's just my face from my Dec. 2009 birthday and today:

face_58_61.jpg

Remember: just take it one day at a time.

Best of luck to you all,
Jeanne

Replies

• Craigels44
    Craigels44 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!!
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    WTG...you look great!!
  • stevesgirl824
    stevesgirl824 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! You look awesome!
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Awesome dedication and determination and you look beautiful.
  • oreyna
    oreyna Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! May you continue to be blessed with a great health....Way to go!!!
  • emmawoolf84
    emmawoolf84 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    So inspiring. Its never too late! You look truly truly wonderful! <3
  • stresstour
    Options
    Way to go!!!
  • smfh
    smfh Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    bump
  • smfh
    smfh Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You are so inspiring. Way to go!
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    amazing job :) and you look nowhere near your age in any of the pics btw
  • sasbw27
    sasbw27 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    You're a rock star :drinker:
  • jameejune
    jameejune Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling pretty crappy today about where I'm at and my lack of motivation. I got on MFP just to try to find something to motivate me and I found your post. Thanks so much for posting your story. I guess I just have to get off my butt and keep working.
  • cindyj7
    cindyj7 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! You have definitely inspired me today - thank you. :flowerforyou:
  • elliejellie333
    Options
    Amazing! well done!
  • salmat77
    salmat77 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    WOW you are awesome, congrats on your amazing success. Thanks for sharing your story!!
  • tasharock
    tasharock Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your continued success!
  • tlou5
    tlou5 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    You look great! Thanks for sharing- these always inspire me. May I ask how tall you are?
  • mushroomsontoast
    mushroomsontoast Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Fantastic - you look great, and a good 15 years less than your age! Well done :flowerforyou:
  • JeanneTops
    JeanneTops Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    You look great! Thanks for sharing- these always inspire me. May I ask how tall you are?

5'6" I shouldn't forget to put that in because I always want to know other people's heights.

J.
  • melfitnesspal13
    melfitnesspal13 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    As a 50 something myself I've heard how difficult it is to lose weight after menopause. Granted, it isn't like it was when I was in my 20's and I WISH I would have maintained the weight I have lost over the years but I am not finding it too terribly difficult right now. Maybe I am just more disciplined? Maybe it is because I have wonderful support group and coach, thanks Robin! I am losing much slower but in the end it is the progress that counts. One day at a time. Congrats on your fantastic achievement!!!......:smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!