14 Weeks to Christmas Challenge!!

Options

Replies

• aprilgicker
    aprilgicker Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    It was my day off. but I did better than I thought. I bought a new pair of shoes. Next is new exercise clothes. I have to lose 10lbs for that. Hitting the gym early. see ya there!
  • kschoono
    kschoono Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone

I am so glad I am not alone with having the desire for chocolate!

I must confess I had a blue bunny ice cream bar that was only 100 calories, but I wish I had the willpower to not eat it.

Tomorrow, I am going to walk with my daughter to the park, & I hope I can burn the chocolate calories!

Good luck everyone on our weigh in this week. :)

Kathleen
  • viccoxo
    viccoxo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join? Sounds like a great group!

I like: Music, Movies, Playing the piano
    I don't like: bugs, snakes
    Current typical or usual exercise: Going for a run and then weights
    Current Starting Weight: 138
    Aim for next week: 136.5
    Personal 14 week Goal: 15 Ibs shall be great to lose
  • lesley1981
    lesley1981 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Still haven't had any chocolate :happy: and I'm quite impressed that I haven't really craved it either... although I did have some Swedish Fish yesterday (it's the Ikea shopping ritual) but I resisted the Daim cake :smile:
  • xXmimiXx
    xXmimiXx Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    where did you get the Christmas Challenge ticker?

Hello!

It's my ticker...I'm trying to convinve everyone to copy it because I think it's cool! If you go on my profile, into my pics and save my "Christmas Challenge" pic to your eg. Desktop then go into your customised ticker thing on here and upload it as your pic you'll have the ticker too!

Happy tickering!

Mimi xxx
  • thompsons81702
    thompsons81702 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I am just getting back to MFP after about a year of not using it. I had lost 60 lbs and have gained back 80, opps! Anyway I am moving home in December and would love to have the motivation and support!
    I like: As far as food goes Everything! Especially carbs and Chocolate. I am going to miss the German chocolates.
    I don't like: Running, I have tried the couch to 5 K program and completed it last year. However I really hate running.
    Current typical or usual exercise: Speed Walk, Elipticle and weight machines
    Current Starting Weight: 247
    Aim for next week: 245
    Personal 14 week Goal: 215 = 32 lbs lost
  • xXmimiXx
    Options
    Hohoho Christmas Challengers!

How did you all get on over the weekend?! :smile:

I went for a verrrrrrrry long hike yesterday and was quite scared that someone was going to pull out some chocolate at the top of Simon's Seat and I'd be so hungry and tired I'd eat some...BUT! There was no chocolate, shock shock horror! So we had a sandwich, an apple and a banana each! Woop! :drinker:

We did go for a meal afterwards but I figure I deserved some roast turkey after about 5 hours of walking up hills through streams and over rocks...I did have dessert, profiteroles but the fake chocolate sauce stuff was just around the edge of the plate and I actually don't like it anyway so I just ate the actual buns, of which there were only two, so I'm ok with that!

I'm looking forward to (maybe that's silly) weighing in this week, I've hope I've lost my first pound successfully and I'm looking forward to the 13th Week of Christmas Challenge! Have any ideas been batted around for this?

BikiniMission suggested it could be trying to do 50 sit ups a day which I think is rather good! I think it's a good idea to mix and match the giving up some food item with the adding some exercise item in...what do you all think?

Happy Monday!

:heart: Mimi xxx
  • Shawna_831
    Options
    I added my Christmas ticker!
  • sdscouser
    Options
    Just stumbled across this group.. I hope it is not too late to join in.

I like: Films, Music, Football
    I don't like: Fish :mad:
    Current typical or usual exercise: Volleyball (competitive) 2xweek, Gym 3xweek
    Current Starting Weight: 220
    Aim for next week: 217
    Personal 14 week Goal: 28 lbs
  • cherries1971
    cherries1971 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I added my christmas ticker too :D Great idea.
    Just looked on the charts and i'm not on there :( xx
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Welcome all you new Chrismas challengers! :heart:

Alright, I'm going to fess up - I had some chocolate yesterday - but totally not on purpose! I was at the county fair with my family and my husband and son ordered up some homechurned ice cream. I didn't want an order of my own (I just had a smoothie before we came) but when my husband offered me a bite I tasted it. It was chocolate and I didn't even think about it. I also sampled my son's which was mint chocolate chip, but it only had a smidge of chocolate in it ...

Anyway, I thought I'd come clean, but I truly wasn't even thinking about it at the time - just sampling a nice local treat. And they were both so good ~ :tongue:

WHEW! I feel better confessing! :happy: It was only a couple tastes :blushing: Hee hee ... lucky for me there are no penalties.

Much love to all - happy Monday!
  • Alysgrma
    Alysgrma Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Yeppie!! I did my Christmas ticker!!! Thank you so much!! On a Sad note I can not open the charts....am I on it? :wink:
  • xXmimiXx
    Options
    Yeppie!! I did my Christmas ticker!!! Thank you so much!! On a Sad note I can not open the charts....am I on it? :wink:

Hey guys!
    If anyone has joined this challenge after last Wednesday you won't be on the charts yet - so many people have signed up it's hard to keep track! I know bikinimission worked really hard getting everyone on last week :drinker: thanks bikinimission and I'm sure any new Christmas Challengers will be added on this week ... bikinimission, if you want any help let me know!

Great work with adding the ticker everyone!

:heart: Mimi xx xx
  • reba24784
    reba24784 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    how are you all finding the chart
  • rs1177
    rs1177 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Well, I was doing well for a couple of days and then the weekend came and I caved in....I feel so sorry about it too, but I have to admit I did have some choclate on 3 occasions, only little bits though. But like I said before once I start it's so hard for me to not give in again. Needless to say I'm going to do the no choclate thing again starting today and my goal to to add it to this wednesday's challenge.

Cant' wait to see what this weeks challenge will be!!
  • tatie81
    Options
    Ok count me in too!!!

I like: Wine
    I don't like: Smoked Salmon
    Current typical or usual exercise: Walking 30mins 5-6 days per week and house cleaning 2-4 days per week
    Current Starting Weight: 167lb
    Aim for next week: 165lb
    Personal 14 week Goal: would love to get 14lbs off
  • Raina0512
    Options
    No chocolate but definately a CHEAT weekend... Grrr!! :explode:

Anxiously awaiting Wednesdays weigh in...
  • Nita_Bita
    Nita_Bita Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hohoho Christmas Challengers!

How did you all get on over the weekend?! :smile:

I went for a verrrrrrrry long hike yesterday and was quite scared that someone was going to pull out some chocolate at the top of Simon's Seat and I'd be so hungry and tired I'd eat some...BUT! There was no chocolate, shock shock horror! So we had a sandwich, an apple and a banana each! Woop! :drinker:

We did go for a meal afterwards but I figure I deserved some roast turkey after about 5 hours of walking up hills through streams and over rocks...I did have dessert, profiteroles but the fake chocolate sauce stuff was just around the edge of the plate and I actually don't like it anyway so I just ate the actual buns, of which there were only two, so I'm ok with that!

I'm looking forward to (maybe that's silly) weighing in this week, I've hope I've lost my first pound successfully and I'm looking forward to the 13th Week of Christmas Challenge! Have any ideas been batted around for this?

BikiniMission suggested it could be trying to do 50 sit ups a day which I think is rather good! I think it's a good idea to mix and match the giving up some food item with the adding some exercise item in...what do you all think?

Happy Monday!

:heart: Mimi xxx

I'm actually excited to weigh in too! I'm hoping I lost a pound :D
    I think thats a great idea to mix up the challenged and put in some exercise as well!
  • cherries1971
    cherries1971 Posts: 15 Member
    Options

Hey guys!
    If anyone has joined this challenge after last Wednesday you won't be on the charts yet - so many people have signed up it's hard to keep track! I know bikinimission worked really hard getting everyone on last week :drinker: thanks bikinimission and I'm sure any new Christmas Challengers will be added on this week ... bikinimission, if you want any help let me know!

Great work with adding the ticker everyone!

:heart: Mimi xx xx
    How are you all viewing the chart? I had to scroll back to look at the chart that had been posted on here. xx
  • reba24784
    reba24784 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I know we are to weigh in on tue but I have done my weight on mondays since I started and it was 245 so not only did I meet my goal for the 14 week chalange but I have hit 25 pounds gone !!!!!!!