No Results with INSANITY

Options
2»

Replies

• zipnguyen
    zipnguyen Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    calorie calculators are useful but metabolism is highly individualistic. My wife for example has superb metabolism and has a difficult time gaining weight and eats carbs like there is no tomorrow. Me on the other hand.....average/slightly above average metabolism.
  • Beckyloo80
    Beckyloo80 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Has to be the calorie intake. I did Insanity and ate 1750 worth of food (well that was my goal, usually came in around 1600) and although I only lost 1 pound, I lost 11 inches and 5% BF. I think 1900 is too much if you are still aiming to lose.

Do you notice a difference in how your clothes fit?

I should note, then when imputed into the beach body website, it recommended I ate 2100 calories.....Which I knew was too high for me...
  • HealthyVitamins
    HealthyVitamins Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I would try 1700 like the other poster said. its worth trying just to lower your calories slightly.
  • golferd
    golferd Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    You are not alone. I do all the tricks, vitamins, no sodas, only water, calorie restriction, no bread, no dairy, increased protein, mix up the routine, (p90x, insanity, and running) hybrid and my weight does not move. I went to the doctor for my first physical since high school and was told I was doing everything right, but drop the breads and pastas. About 30 days ago, I dropped the breads and pastas and it has not helped.

I had my blood work checked and the doctor said everything looks great. My wife also has the same problem.

I get so frustrated when I watch shows and they show someone losing 200lbs in 270 days. However, you have the sense of accomplishment of completing the program. Your hearts health has improved.

If you figure it out send me a message, please :)
  • mfoster1019
    mfoster1019 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Has to be the calorie intake. I did Insanity and ate 1750 worth of food (well that was my goal, usually came in around 1600) and although I only lost 1 pound, I lost 11 inches and 5% BF. I think 1900 is too much if you are still aiming to lose.

Do you notice a difference in how your clothes fit?

I should note, then when imputed into the beach body website, it recommended I ate 2100 calories.....Which I knew was too high for me...

No, no change in how my clothes fit. Same as before. I will be reducing my calorie intake to 1600 when I do the T25 program, so maybe that will help. I also thought 1900 was a little high, but I figured I would follow what the guide said.
  • Alisha28
    Alisha28 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    No workout alone is enough you gotta clean up eating I always feel it is 70 percent or more diet!!! Congrats on finishing that almost its a great workout!!!
  • mommy3457
    mommy3457 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    OP: how much do you weigh? I ask this as 1900 is quite high if you don't weigh a lot. the 1700 cal plan may be more suited to you than the 1900, as the estimated calories burned on that program are typically lower than what it says.

I got the 1900 number from the nutrition guide based on my starting weight and daily activity level. That' 1900 is close to my TDEE as well.

Did you subtract 15-20 % off your TDEE? I know you can do this!
  • RobynLB83
    RobynLB83 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    You're probably already in good shape. What people see as a difference after completing an exercise program is going from being out of shape to being in shape. If you're already in shape -- no big difference. Sorry. Keep with it though, because there will be a difference if you give up, stop working out, and get out of shape.
  • Beckyloo80
    Beckyloo80 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it's a science for sure. I am doing T-25 / Chalean Extreme hybrid and my goal is 1700.

Add me as a friend if you like. =) Try the lower calories and see if after 30 days, you notice a change, but if you find you are hungry all the time, up it to 1700. And try to not eat back those exercise calories =)

Good luck and congrats on finishing Insanity!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    OP: how much do you weigh? I ask this as 1900 is quite high if you don't weigh a lot. the 1700 cal plan may be more suited to you than the 1900, as the estimated calories burned on that program are typically lower than what it says.

I got the 1900 number from the nutrition guide based on my starting weight and daily activity level. That' 1900 is close to my TDEE as well.

You need to eat less than TDEE to lose weight though, try lowering the cals by 10-15%.
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options

You need to eat less than TDEE to lose weight though, try lowering the cals by 10-15%.

This ^ because eating at TDEE is maintenance. (Also, if you use TDEE you DON'T eat back exercise calories … I am not clear on whether you were doing that or not :wink: ).

And, like another poster said, you're already really close to your goal (only 10 pounds to go, based on your ticker), so the results are definitely going to be less profound that people who haven't done much else. The last 10 are the hardest!

Keep at it. Even if you aren't losing pounds or inches, you're getting stronger and you're healthier for exercising. Tweak your diet a bit to find the right combination for those last few pounds.
  • mike_usmc
    mike_usmc Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    First, you did achieve some great goals. #1 You've accomplished your personal goal of completing Insanity!! Thats outstanding! #2 You've gained muscle, which does burn fat. More muscle you have, more fat that is burned! So your doing a great job. Those results on any Insanity commercial or website are those that have done two rounds of Insanity, or more. If you read really close, you'll see "Day 140* or such on the bottom of the screen or results page. Which means they've completed two rounds, and are now starting there third. I would do another round, I think you are well on your way to seeing results you want! Good job so far though!!
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    bumping for later read
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    No workout alone is enough you gotta clean up eating I always feel it is 70 percent or more diet!!! Congrats on finishing that almost its a great workout!!!
    No workout alone, yes; but I and many others have certainly lost weight and got fitter by eating less, but foods many would consider 'junk'.

From what I've read, the healthier you are generally (from exercise etc), the less what you eat makes a difference.

Calories in vs calories out, again.
    Exercise changes one side a bit and will help 'health' generally.
  • emc916
    emc916 Posts: 77
    Options
    That's odd. Can you sprint faster, jump higher, or do more pushups?

My wife and I both completed the Insanity workout. Both lost roughly 15lbs each and inches. We worked our butts off every single workout and followed through without missing a day. We never even looked at the nutrition guide and instead just used MFP to count the calories. At that time I was 170 and had mine set at 1600-1650 cals. Ate back every exercise calorie as well. She was around 137lb and set her cals to 1400 and ate back all exercise calories. Maybe try lowering your cal intake. Those workouts should burn anywhere from 400 (Month1) to 800 (Month2).. of course depending on how intense you get.
  • technobunny
    Options

I'm on week 7 of Insanity and the recommendation to me was to eat 1900 (to maintain) and 1400 to lose weight. I've been eating around 1700 total (1200) net and have lost a total of 9 lbs since starting the program. Perhaps 1900 is too high for weight loss and you've been in maintenance mode?
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    For the diet portion did you weigh solid foods with a scale and measure liquids? If not there is a very good chance you were eating 10-30% more than you thought you did.

This.

People who buy Beachbody products tend to follow their one-size-fits-all diet plan, don't measure and weigh their food, and then blame the exercise when they didn't lose what was expected. :noway:

For personal reference, by calculating my TDEE doing Insanity workouts and taking 15% from that number as my goal, I discovered that I was supposed to be eating around 1650 calories doing that particular program, not the 1900 the "nutrition guide" told me to eat. (I did Insanity back in 2008 when I weighed 130 and was trying to lose about 5 pounds) I lost weight and inches consistently by flat out ignoring that joke of a nutrition guide and eating the proper amount. (Now if only I hadn't allowed myself to gain the weight back after ex-@$$hole caused me to emotionally eat out of mental and emotional distress...)
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    You've been eating at tdee which is why you haven't lost weight or inches. If you want to lose more fat, you'll have to have a calorie deficit. My tdee is similar to yours and I've been eating close to my tdee for months, which is why my weight and measurements are the same. :)