Fage Plain 2% Suggestions?

Options
2»

Replies

• cassied76
    Options
    1/4 cup muesli, 1/2 cup blueberries, a few sliced strawberries - my go to breakfast! On another note, I recently switched from 2% Fage to Siggi's because it comes from grass fed cows (something that is important to me) - just in case you ever want to switch it up.
  • _DreDay_
    _DreDay_ Posts: 40
    Options
    I forgot, I used to add PB2 to plain yogurt and that was always good, especially the chocolate PB2

I'm totally gonna try this!
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    All-Bran cereal, raisins, and a pinch of cinnamon is great stirred into plain Greek yogurt. Keeps things moving, too.
  • blgerig
    blgerig Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I like plain yogurt with crushed fruit mixed it. I usually just smash some berries with a spoon and mix the yogurt together, gets some sweetness in every bite. Also in smoothies!
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    bump for all these great ideas!
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • rowanwood
    rowanwood Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I use Chobani 0%, but we use it as sour cream and in place of mayo.

On sandwiches, as dip, in tacos, the sauce in tuna salad (with a little mustard) the list goes on....I don't really go for sweet.
  • Tdacks
    Tdacks Posts: 136 Member
    Options

Have to add a little vent here - I'm not sure why (suspect the antiquated thinking that fat makes you fat) but none of the stores around here carry the tubs of Fage 2% anymore. I can get the single size servings but that seems like extra waste to me, plus they're more expensive. So most of the time I make due with the fat free. Not nearly as creamy or filling but it's a close 2nd.

I hear ya! Fage is pretty much the only brand in my store that sells 2% every other brand is 0%... pshh don't they know I'm trying to meet my fat macro?!?! Also it bugs me that the blended 2% versions have less protein than the plain.

They used to even sell 4%, man that stuff is heaven on earth if you ask me. I noticed in the last 6 months my local Publix stopped selling 2% in the larger containers, too. Sad, but maybe it wasn't selling enough to justify the shelf space.
  • Makeda1211
    Makeda1211 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I normally do not sweeten it at all. I normally have it as a topping for a big bowl of mixed fresh berries. if I need sweet, I add granola or as a last resort, I add stevia to it. It takes some adjustment but its so creamy that its almost decadent to sweeten it any further.
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,452 Member
    Options
    If you're not so keen on the tart taste, you might like low-fat quark. It's not so tart, and has a much thicker "cheesecake" texture. I use it much more often than yoghurt, these days, and it's delicious with fruit and a little honey.
  • emjean76
    emjean76 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Add a little honey and some fresh fruit. Delish!
  • KSfitgal
    KSfitgal Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have tried Chobani, A & E, Dannon - and Fage, definitely comes out on top! I usually sweeten it up with just a little splenda. I usually by the 2% - there isn't enough difference calorie or fat content wise to make a difference, but the taste - WOW! I have added vanilla flavoring to it or I have recently enjoyed adding a tablespoon of peanut butter with 1 packet of splenda. It tastes like a creamy, heavenly peanut butter treat!
    I just switched from no-fat vanilla store brand greek yogurt to Fage plain 2%.. Holy cow the difference in texture and nutrients is AMAZING!! But, I'm looking for recipies to spice/sweeten it up a bit, the flavoring is a bit tart to me since I'm used to the vanilla flavor that I usually just used as "milk" and mixed in with cereal and berries.

What's your favorite way to eat your plain 2%?
  • emAZn
    emAZn Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Love it thanks for the great ideas!
  • jaygreen55
    jaygreen55 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Most of the suggestions here are to sweeten it but I also like to use it as a savory ingredient. I mix it up with onion powder, granulated garlic, and cayenne pepper to make a spicy dip for vegetables or to load it into a baked potato instead of sour cream.
    Thai Sriracha sauce also works really well with it
  • emAZn
    emAZn Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Most of the suggestions here are to sweeten it but I also like to use it as a savory ingredient. I mix it up with onion powder, granulated garlic, and cayenne pepper to make a spicy dip for vegetables or to load it into a baked potato instead of sour cream.
    Thai Sriracha sauce also works really well with it

Yum, Love Sriacha... It's like my ketchup :)
  • courtneytrisha
    courtneytrisha Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    if you want to put it into an actual recipe id suggest pancakes! I always make my pancakes with the same recipe = equal parts greek yogurt, egg whites, and oat flour! sooo yummy and thick :)
  • jpalocy77
    jpalocy77 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    if you want to put it into an actual recipe id suggest pancakes! I always make my pancakes with the same recipe = equal parts greek yogurt, egg whites, and oat flour! sooo yummy and thick :)

I find it better texture if you use cottage cheese..for some reason when i use greek yogurt my pancakes don't turn out right..maybe not thick enough?
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    1 cup fage 2%
    1-2 tbsp preserves of choice
    1 tbsp slivered almonds
  • charliehefferon
    charliehefferon Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    bump for ideas