Brooks Shoe Owners

Options
2»

Replies

• HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Thanks, all. I think I will take them back. I bought them at Scheels and tried on several different pairs. I love them. They feel great, they have the support where I need them and the right amount of cushion. I am a beginner runner and am healing tendonitis in my shin and they really helped that a lot, too. The tread on the bottom was thick and still is in some areas, but under the ball of the foot and the toes are almost completely worn off now. So much so that I'm starting to feel slipping.

But if I'm going to spend that much money on them I want them to last longer then 6 weeks. So back they will go. Luckily Scheels guarantees their running shoes no matter how long you have them.

That sounds like you need to be properly fitted at a running store for the right shoes. Your wear is uneven, so you are not wearing the correct shoe for your stride.
  • NualaTW
    NualaTW Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I just started wearing Brooks last year when I finally went to the store who fitted me properly for my workout shoes. Love Them! I work out in them, hike in them and they have held up really well.

Agree with the previous poster who said that you should get properly fitted. Made all the difference in the world for me.
  • Dlacenere
    Dlacenere Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I have never had that issue with Brooks...used to be diehard and they lasted forever - but now my only go to for running is Mizuno Wave Riders and New Balance Minimus Zero for lifting.
  • Granville_Cocteau
    Granville_Cocteau Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I've worn Brooks trail runners (Adrenaline ASR GTX) for over a year. With running 3-5 miles three times a week, and some walking, they last about 5 mos. before the tread stars to wear down on the outside heel. So a useful life of about 450 miles mostly on pavement.

I wouldn't trade them for any other shoe since they are highly stable while being light, and they just flex in the right places and provide the necessary support for my flat foot.

That being said, the average life for a running shoe I've read is anywhere from 300 to 600 miles. So your treads shouldn't be obliterated after 120 miles. But it depends on what you mean by "wear." I imagine the treads would show *some* wear after 120 miles, but if they're completely gone where your foot is landing, than that's abnormal. I'd take them to a good running store, or store where you bought them, and get an opinion from a salesperson.