OMG!! How many calories....

Options
2»

Replies

• MamaCatO
    MamaCatO Posts: 100
    Options
    What's made it easier for me, is just to double up on my veggies and eat those first, that way by the time I get to the rice, potatoes, pasta, etc, I'm full and don't eat as much of it. Veggies and protein first. It has helped me a lot. Good luck!
  • themanda04
    themanda04 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys it really is an eye opener but I am determined to do this planning meals will be my downfall as I can plan but then when it comes to it I think I don't fancy that and that's when the fish and chips kick in...I know this so I need to be tough with myself...

one thing i did a lot when i was first starting out was to pre-log my dinners first, as often as i could. or if i knew we were going out for lunch as a department at work, or there was going to be cake, or whatever...if i logged the 'bad' stuff first, i could see how much i had to play with for the rest of the day and make the best choices i could and make the day work. i have never, ever felt like i'm depriving myself of anything, and i eat whatever i want. maybe not for every single meal, but...:)
  • mercurysfire
    mercurysfire Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    amen to the planning and logging. i pack breakfast and lunch (almost) everyday with snacks for me and hubs. i have staples that i use a lot (lunch meat, cheese, eggs, fruit...) and once you have that down it flies together pretty quick. i try to plan and prepack on the front end as much as possible to save me a lot of time money and calories on the backend. i've been doing this for almost a year now, and i still get it wrong sometimes, but i get it right more often than not. :) scale, measuring utensils, and a good eyeball. oh and a willingness to work off those extra calories should you goof up. :) but it's better to look it up and plan for it ahead of time than to try and make up for it later.
  • VioletNightshade
    Options
    Yep!! It's a big shock when you measure out your food that first time and go "That's it? Surely that's not going to be enough. Where's the rest of it? ... ... What do you mean that IS the rest of it?"
This discussion has been closed.