Cutting anything out of your life?

Options
Heya, I was just curious have any of you guys n' gals cut out anything from your diet? :)
I've been all-types of soda free for like a month now and plan on keeping it that way. (It's got nothing to do with calories. But it's got everything to do with how much I'd like to keep my teeth in my mouth. ) :heart:

Replies

• corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I cut guilt out of my diet a while ago. Didn't do jack to speed up or slow down my weight loss, but it sure feels better!
  • nonstopper
    nonstopper Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    soda
  • HideyoshiKinoshita
    HideyoshiKinoshita Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I cut guilt out of my diet a while ago. Didn't do jack to speed up or slow down my weight loss, but it sure feels better!

Haha, I like this one. :3
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I haven't cut anything out...didn't while I was losing and don't now at maintenance. That said, I ultimately make better overall nutritional decisions and eat/drink far less **** than I used to...but I don't cut anything out completely; life's too short to not enjoy the finer, less nutritional things.
  • mslizalde
    Options
    I don't think I've "cut" anything out more than I've just filled it with so much better choices with fruits veggies healthier snacks and alternative proteins that the crappier junky stuff has sort of naturally slipped off the menu. :smile:
  • HLSalter
    HLSalter Posts: 260
    Options
    I've cut out all sweet stuff other than fruit. I've also cut down to 1 cup of tea a day :)
  • xcatsaxon
    xcatsaxon Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Soda, unless a special occasion like the need to pair it with Jack...I was drinking at least a 6 pack of Coke a day!
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    I've cut out hydrogenated oils for health reasons, but that's about it
  • LoreleiEvil
    LoreleiEvil Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Guilt and most of my beer consumption.
  • pensfan1
    pensfan1 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Soda and donuts. I would drink a soda and eat a donut most mornings before work. What an awful habit. Replaced soda with 6 oz of pineapple juice (I know; I'm wasting 100 calories on a beverage). No replacement for the donut and I don't really miss it. Also limiting pasta, just because it's a waste of calroies since the serving size is small and it's not filling.
  • CaliforniaBarbie
    CaliforniaBarbie Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    ive cut out a lot i think., any kind of desert, chips, candy, regular soda, fast food, i limited pasta and other carbs, i very seldom drink alcohol.
    And when anything is offered i dont say "i cant have that" i say "i dont eat/drink that" then it doesnt make me feel like im giving up something that i want.

i also cut out guilt, shame, and excuses.
  • HoudinisBox
    HoudinisBox Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm cutting out french fries as a side dish whenever possible. Though when I went to a Dodgers game a few weeks ago, I splurged on a hot dog and cheese fries. Worth it!
  • sylf1966
    sylf1966 Posts: 52
    Options
    Buffets!:
  • tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Soda. At first it was hard, because I LOVED Cherry Pepsi. Now if I take a sip it's WAY to sweet and taste like cough syrup. I hate soda now.
  • mominstands
    mominstands Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna try to cut BEER out for 30 days.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Caffeine. Refined sugar. Anything loaded with sodium. And, for a long time, anything with wheat, but it turns out I'm more sensitive to the calories in pasta than I am the gluten. :)

Other than that, not much. Just sticking to the calorie/exercise/macros plan.
  • TanithR
    TanithR Posts: 9
    Options
    Fruit juice, just eating it instead! Plus chocolate for the past few weeks, which um hasn't been fun, but I use to eat about a bar a day and it baffles me how much I don't need it now.
  • sjsosu
    sjsosu Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I don't cut it out, but I limit my intake of beer when I'm trying to get leaner. Not necessarily for the calories, but because it leads to other bad decisions for me, and if I have a few too many I do not feel very energized for my workouts the next few days. Did I mention I really like beer?
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

FKC yeah.

I cut things out periodically on principle for self discipline reasons.

I tend to eat low carb/low sugar- makes me feel better- but I have no guilt devouring an ENTIRE pizza all by my lone some- or ice cream for a snack at night.

The only things I cut out are things I never ate in the first place because I didn't like them to start with really. :D