What do u eat for breakfast?

Options
I've been eating Life cereal with almond milk but it takes up most of my sugar for the day. What would be a good alternative besides egg whites? I don't do well with eggs.

Replies

• wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal or steel cut oats.
  • Utefan121
    Utefan121 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    First off, I use to hate breakfast and I would eat my first meal of the day at 1:00 p.m. It was a horrible diet. I started doing T25 and I purchased the Shakeology. (I'm not a "coach" or a salesperson.) I drink the Shakeology for breakfast and sometimes I drink it for my afternoon snack. I buy the chocolate and I truly like the flavor. Plus, I'm lazy and not a morning person - so mixing up Shakeology first thing in the morning is perfect. I mix it with unsweetened almond milk.
  • tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with whole wheat toast and coffee or Whole wheat bagel with light butter and strawberry cream cheese and coffee.
  • Babygi6003
    Babygi6003 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Usually 2 eggs with a piece of sourdough toast or a turkey sausage/egg/cheese breakfast burrito
  • yelliezx
    yelliezx Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Egg white whole wheat muffin with a cheese slice usually.
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    First off, I use to hate breakfast and I would eat my first meal of the day at 1:00 p.m. It was a horrible diet. I started doing T25 and I purchased the Shakeology. (I'm not a "coach" or a salesperson.) I drink the Shakeology for breakfast and sometimes I drink it for my afternoon snack. I buy the chocolate and I truly like the flavor. Plus, I'm lazy and not a morning person - so mixing up Shakeology first thing in the morning is perfect. I mix it with unsweetened almond milk.

Shakeology is great but it's also super expensive. I work out in the AM, so I'll have a banana and a protein shake. If you want more than just protein, try a full meal replacement shake - Met-RX and EAS had good ones... not sure if they're still available though.
  • kbeardmore22
    kbeardmore22 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I usually eat Quaker oatmeal or Steel cut oatmeal. They are very filling and you can add in what you like, whether it be fruit or honey or nuts...etc. I also sometimes eat a piece of toast w/ almond butter and then have cottage cheese w/ fruit as a side. Just depends but I agree w/ you the sugar in most cereals is unbelievable!
  • Kalepa
    Kalepa Posts: 4
    Options
    This morning I had slim-fast with water and about 1/2 tsp of dried bouillon grave for a total of about 120 calories. Quite filling as I drink it in about a two pint container. I just started added a salty mixture to the slim-fast and it really improves my enjoyment of it. Before it was too sweet for my taste, but a little salt seems to greatly improve my satiety with this stuff.

Yours,

Caleb
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    There is no reason why breakfast has to be traditional breakfast foods. One of my favorites is deli ham or turkey, cheese and avocado with crackers. I also like toast with peanut butter and banana. Greek yogurt with fresh berries and a teaspoon of honey (get the full fat greek yogurt and you won't miss the sugar). You can also add nuts.
  • xapril77x
    xapril77x Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I like the oatmeal idea except I add tons of sugar & butter to mine... Is there something else that could be added for taste? I don't like plain oatmeal.
  • rich347
    rich347 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Cherry Swisher with a side of Bo-Jangle juice extra Jangle
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I like the oatmeal idea except I add tons of sugar & butter to mine... Is there something else that could be added for taste? I don't like plain oatmeal.

Truvia, agave syrup, honey, cinnamon, cayanne pepper (speeds up metabolism), or anything else you can think up!
  • tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options

Honey, cinnamon, fruit, vanilla extract.
  • johe28
    johe28 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    You could probably add some honey to sweeten things up. I also like to eat plain yogurt with some granola and fresh fruit mixed in.
  • CaliforniaBarbie
    CaliforniaBarbie Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    depending on how much time i have before work ill have a "light" yogurt, or a smoothie or protein shake. i really like to make a protein fruit smoothie shake type thing. it keeps me fully and happy til lunch, i dont get tired mid work morning, and i normally through in lots of spinach and wheat grass as well.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    A giant sammich with potato chips.

Eta: no healthy suggestions for substitutes. I eat everything.
  • alipene
    alipene Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Swiss style muesli with added walnuts, almonds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and linseed, with hot skimmed milk - about 300 calories. I have the same every day and love it :bigsmile:
  • xapril77x
    xapril77x Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    This morning I had slim-fast with water and about 1/2 tsp of dried bouillon grave for a total of about 120 calories. Quite filling as I drink it in about a two pint container. I just started added a salty mixture to the slim-fast and it really improves my enjoyment of it. Before it was too sweet for my taste, but a little salt seems to greatly improve my satiety with this stuff.

Yours,

Caleb

I used 2 do the whole slim fast thing. Do u know what the sugar content is? Is it better than cereal?
  • Utefan121
    Utefan121 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Agreed. Shakeology is expensive and kind of difficult to order. A protein shake mixed with spinach and berries worked for me also.
  • ajmathes
    ajmathes Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Usually whatever is in the fridge! Today I had half a tomato and a chicken thigh (cold - leftover from yesterday's dinner). Yesterday I had a bowl of blackberries with cream, and at the weekend I do bacon and eggs. Eggs feature a lot usually.