14 Weeks to Christmas Challenge!!

Options

Replies

• clairebear82
    Options
    Hi bikini mission, I need to re-adjust my starting weight which should be 200lbs :noway: . I am on track for at least 1lb loss and I'm also doing the detox, so this should bring me back to my original 191! Thanks :smile:
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Not tooooo confident in my weigh-in tomorrow, but haven't touched chocolate, and am intrigued about the announcement of next week's challenge.
  • alyana1
    alyana1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I know i've gained, cos i can feel it in my clothes.. yet i've stuck to 1250 - 1350ish.. i hope its water weight. Gutted. And i've not touched chocolate either
  • fischro
    fischro Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi Bikinimission,

I am so sorry, I had to change my weight for this challenge. It will now be 153.4. I will only go down from there. Had a bad week food wise but I know it will get better. Again thanks for putting this together and helping to motivate us all to share in our struggles and hardships with weight loss!!

RoseMary

P.S. Added my Christmas Challenge ticker...Woo Hoo
  • louloubabydoll
    louloubabydoll Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I HAD CHOCOLATE!!!!! So sick of trying hard and sticking to cals and either staying the same weight or gaining, how is it possible....
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Starting Weight: 148
    goal for this week: 147
    Personal 14 week Goal: 135 with functional knees, 1 marathon under my belt, and the perfect bikini for snowboarding season!

Currently: 145! Score!!!

I'm gonna let myself feel stoked even though a month ago I was at 142. Cuz I'm headed in the right direction and making healthy-ish choices....and I'm having fun!
  • ComfortFoodAddict
    ComfortFoodAddict Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Okay... so I saw this and hope I can join. As initiation I read through all 9 pages of comments lol...

My stats:
    Location: Louisiana, USA<<<<< yes, the food capital of the world! Most obese as well... can't help it we have good food :laugh:
    I like: seafood :heart: , cooking, feeling thin, wearing really sexy clothes
    I don't like: chaffing thighs, sweating, tight clothes that should fit, people that look down on me for eating healthy
    Current typical or usual exercise: has changed since I just started school back- aiming for starting my TURBO FIRE though
    Current Starting Weight: 172.2 lbs as of 9/17/10:noway:
    Aim for next week: 171 as of 9/22/10
    Personal 14 week Goal: To lose 14 lbs or fit in a size 8 which ever comes first :drinker:

I will not have any chocolate starting today until 9/29 just so I can feel like I am making up for lost time. This will be hard considering that tomorrow is my 4 year anniversary!
  • jacgray
    Options
    Don't worry, I ate a whole bar of chocolate yesterday! Haven't done that for months!! It just gets so hard sometimes. i have stuck to my calories for the past three weeks, done regular exercise and only lost 3lbs. I really felt like giving up (again) but have decided to stick to it. Good luck and keep going!!
  • Christy_77
    Options
    Hey Challengers -- I'm excited about the weigh-in as well. I hope that I'm down. I made the mistake of trying on a pair of pre-pregnancy pants and it didn't go well. Looking forward to the challenge on Wednesday!
  • Nita_Bita
    Nita_Bita Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Okay... so I saw this and hope I can join. As initiation I read through all 9 pages of comments lol...

My stats:
    Location: Louisiana, USA<<<<< yes, the food capital of the world! Most obese as well... can't help it we have good food :laugh:
    I like: seafood :heart: , cooking, feeling thin, wearing really sexy clothes
    I don't like: chaffing thighs, sweating, tight clothes that should fit, people that look down on me for eating healthy
    Current typical or usual exercise: has changed since I just started school back- aiming for starting my TURBO FIRE though
    Current Starting Weight: 172.2 lbs as of 9/17/10:noway:
    Aim for next week: 171 as of 9/22/10
    Personal 14 week Goal: To lose 14 lbs or fit in a size 8 which ever comes first :drinker:

I will not have any chocolate starting today until 9/29 just so I can feel like I am making up for lost time. This will be hard considering that tomorrow is my 4 year anniversary!

Yay! Another Louisiananian here!
  • sweetpea66
    Options
    :wink: I'm in

I like: white macademia chocolate
    I don't like: people who tell lies
    Current typical or usual exercise: 3 times a week... cycling/swimming/biking
    Current Starting Weight: 55kg
    Aim for next week: 54.5 kg
    Personal 14 week Goal: 48 kg
  • Jeannine15
    Options
    where did you get the Christmas Challenge ticker?

Hello!

It's my ticker...I'm trying to convinve everyone to copy it because I think it's cool! If you go on my profile, into my pics and save my "Christmas Challenge" pic to your eg. Desktop then go into your customised ticker thing on here and upload it as your pic you'll have the ticker too!

Happy tickering!

Mimi xxx

YAY! I got it and updated it for my Christmas Challenge Goal!
    Thanks, Mimi!!
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    When do we check in our weight again? Today (Tuesday) or tomorrow?

Presumably on a new topic "14 weeks to christmas challenge - week 2" ?
  • jaylu
    jaylu Posts: 158
    Options
    bump!
  • jacgray
    Options
    Amazingly, despite a wedding anniversary with lots of foodie happenings, I have still managed to lose my 1lb, so weight this week is 165lb. Hopefully can lose a little more nexrt week!
  • bikinimission
    Options
    WEEK 2 WEEK 2 WEEK 2 WEEK 2 WEEK 2 WEEK 2 WEEK 2 WEEK 2 WEEK 2 WEEK 2 WEEK 2 WEEK 2

WEEK 2 WEEK 2 WEEK 2 WEEK 2 WEEK 2 WEEK 2 WEEK 2 WEEK 2 WEEK 2 WEEK 2 WEEK 2 WEEK 2

HELLOOOOO CHRISTMAS CHALLENGERS!!

First of all - well done to everyone who has completed Week 1. It's been amazing to read all of your stories, support and encouragement and it's definately helped me to stay on track and reinstate my motivation!

As goron59 suggested I had intended to start a new week 2 thread but after doing some investigation I've found that MFP will automatically start a new thread with a link to it when we reach 500 posts here and so I think we'll just keep things all under this one so that we don't lose anyone with a changeover to a new post. Hope that suits everyone.

I'm sure you've all been wondering about the Week 2 Challenge and some people might have seen the post where Mimi gave you all a hint! Well, I can now confirm that this week we are indeed doing an exercise challenge!

ON WEEK 13 OF CHRISTMAS MFP CHALLENGED ME... TO DO 50 EXTRA SIT UPS EVERY DAY!

Right guys, 50 extra sit ups - approximately 1 minute of extra exercise a day but a minute that will add up to make a big difference! If you already do situps as part of your daily routine then add 50 more, if you don't do them then this week is the time to start!

You can do any kind you like - crunches, full sit ups, bicycle crunches. What will you be doing? Personally I'm aiming for 50 bicycle crunches every morning when I wake up.

If for any reason you can't perform sit ups for a health reason then please subsitute this weeks challenge for something that you can do - and tell us about it below!

Ok, finally, it's time to post your Week 1 results below. I need (in lbs):

WEIGHT THIS WEEK:
    AIM FOR NEXT WEEK:
    WHETHER YOU MANAGED A FULL WEEK WITHOUT CHOCOLATE IN WEEK 1?! If you failed - how and why did you fail, come on it's confession time!

I know people weigh in on different days and that some people have posted their results already so in order to catch everyone my plan is to include everyone who has posted their details by THE END OF WEDNESDAY on this weeks charts - look out for them - I'll post them here late on Thursday :)

Well done again to all the Week 1 Challengers and good luck to everyone for this week - I'll talk to you all soon!

:) xxx

• bikinimission
    Options
    P.S I'm making brownies for a treat this evening :)
  • melgibson
    melgibson Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    where did you get the Christmas Challenge ticker?

Hello!

It's my ticker...I'm trying to convinve everyone to copy it because I think it's cool! If you go on my profile, into my pics and save my "Christmas Challenge" pic to your eg. Desktop then go into your customised ticker thing on here and upload it as your pic you'll have the ticker too!

Happy tickering!

Mimi xxx

Thanks Baby cakes!!! I want one too!!!! I'll do that now!!! Thanks hunny xxxx

WHOOOP!!!
  • clairebear82
    Options
    I can't do sit ups with my back and neck, so have to think about what else I can substitute, I think I will do star jumps instead.

WEIGHT THIS WEEK: 195 (5lbs lost, mainly water!)
    AIM FOR NEXT WEEK: 191 (as I'm on the detox and looking to get back to where I originally was!)
    WHETHER YOU MANAGED A FULL WEEK WITHOUT CHOCOLATE IN WEEK 1?! YES I DID!!
  • lesley1981
    lesley1981 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    WEIGHT THIS WEEK: 153
    AIM FOR NEXT WEEK: 152
    WHETHER YOU MANAGED A FULL WEEK WITHOUT CHOCOLATE IN WEEK 1?! Yes :smile: and without any major cravings too...