I love to swim
    go the beach or in my pool.
    Animals- I adore them
    Walking alone-or with said animals.
    Watching spooky movies
    Traveling the USA-roadtrips with my best gal pal
    Las Vegas- luv it!
    Ghost hunting.:heart:
    Aviary- again with the animals. I have an aviary of a dz cockatiels that I love teaching them to talk and whistle songs.
    Also, I love my quiet time.
    :smooched:
  • elaanne
    elaanne Posts: 35
    Options
    I do a martial art, read lots, watch movies, knit, scrapbook/make cards, and I'm starting to do a bit of writing, too.
  • seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Dancing!!!! Ballroom in particular (haven't gone dancing for far too long);
    Horseback riding (haven't been in years, sadly);
    Reading, writing;
    board games;
    Hanging with my kids and friends;
    Listening to live music whenever I can.

Also enjoy going to the Ren Faire or Highland Games when I can get there. I'd travel a lot more... if I could afford to. Ah well....
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    I feel like I'm sort of "between hobbies" right now. In addition to working full time, for 13 years I was the director of a dog rescue group but finally gave that up a couple of years ago. I still do fostering for other dog rescue groups but that doesn't take much time. This summer I and some concerned neighbors worked to demand the prosecution of a man who was starving his horses a couple of miles down the road...that was lot of letter writing, social media, calling local lawmakers, getting the media involved, etc...the good news is that it all worked and his trial on animal cruelty charges is next month. So I guess at my heart I'm an animal activist?

Anyway, I would like to start volunteering again but haven't figured out what I want to do yet, so outside of my paying job I mostly dink around on the computer, watch TV, read and work in the yard.
  • JessiesGirls520
    Options
    I rock climb and do yoga as a hobby. Even though some people consider it a workout I don't, it is just something I like to do. I love to read, shop, visit vineyards, and do anything crafty (knitting, crochet, cross-stitch, jewelry making, soap making).
  • IrishHarpy1
    IrishHarpy1 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Besides my MFP obsession? :laugh:

Ren faires
    Cosplay (mostly steampunk at the moment, tho starting to dabble with a bit of sci-fi)
    EverQuest (Mac version)
    Reading
    And last but not least -- playing the harp! I have two Celtic lever harps, and they are my babies :heart:
  • Elektrolyfe
    Elektrolyfe Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Shooting guns, Riding motorcycles, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

All fun.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,837 Member
    Options
    Korfball (if there's anyone here who knows what this i love you)

*raises hand*
  • georgieb23
    georgieb23 Posts: 76 Member
    Options

*raises hand*

Aha awesome, most people just stare at me blankly when I say I play!! Do you play? :happy:
  • bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Options

*raises hand*

Aha awesome, most people just stare at me blankly when I say I play!! Do you play? :happy:

OK what is it?????
  • elledeery
    elledeery Posts: 866
    Options
    - Learning to drive my truck that should never have been bought because it's too much machine for me!
    - Cooking
    - Candy Crush Saga
    - Shopping
    - Mixology, I've gone to bars and had bartenders ask me how to make certain drinks I've requested, mad skills! haha
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    cooking and baking
    gardening
    preserving food by canning or dehydrating
    making tinctures, herbal teas, etc.
    painting, sketching, glass, mixed media
    hiking
    kayaking
    volunteering at Hospice