What do u eat for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• jenabee333
    Options
    -2 tbsp of Skinny B cereal on Greek yogurt with Blueberries (lots of protein and fiber)

-Steel Cut Oats with 1 tbsp of coconut oil, shredded Unsweetened Coconut and berries ( I love anything coconut!)

-Special K Fruit wafer bar (lots of sugar in these, though)

-2 slices of Turkey bacon and 2 poached eggs on toast

-Hangover Magic Cure (AROY-D Tom Yum Soup in a can) I NEED warm broth when I'm hungover and this stuff has it's own pop lid, bamboo, chilies and mushrooms inside. I love spicy thai soup and this is an exceptional product from a can. It'll lick your worst hangover and put you back on track for a workout. And 85 calories for the whole can!
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I like the oatmeal idea except I add tons of sugar & butter to mine... Is there something else that could be added for taste? I don't like plain oatmeal.
    Cinnamon, honey, dried or fresh fruit, nuts, peanut butter (or pb2 powder), maple syrup.
  • lmaccormick19
    Options
    Awesome! I like the oatmeal idea except I add tons of sugar & butter to mine... Is there something else that could be added for taste? I don't like plain oatmeal.

My absolute favorite thing is oatmeal with about a tablespoon of peanut butter and a dash of cinnamon in it !
  • WhitneySheree88
    WhitneySheree88 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I usually eat oatmeal for breakfast as well, also adding butter and sugar until I found oat revolution steel cut oatmeal maple and brown sugar flavor, its already pretty sweet so I can get by with just adding one tsp of butter and its very good!
  • rakufire
    rakufire Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    2 cubes of frozen spinach mixed with a small can of tuna, 2 poached eggs on top. Breakfast of champions :)
  • Yvie1950
    Yvie1950 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    whole grain hot cereal or shredded wheat has no sugar. Unsweetened vanilla almond milk. 1/8 cup chopped walnuts. 1/4 cup of frozen blueberries or raspberries. with 1/4 cup of nonfat greek yogurt. Whole grain toast with nut butter. use splenda instead of sugar.
  • Kalepa
    Kalepa Posts: 4
    Options
    I don't know the sugar content, but over all it is 110 cal, if one just uses water. But the thing about slim fast for me, is that it leaves a sweet taste in the mouth that I can easily treat with fish sauce, bouillon, some gravy sauce, etc., and I been enjoying doing that for the last two days.

I sure get a better feeling of satiety with a little salt at the end of the thing I am consuming.

Also, I consume about a pint and a half or 2 pints of the stuff at a time, and this is very filling.

Today, for example, I've had to slim fast shakes, the one in the morning with gravy powder and the one at night with gravy powder, a little fish sauce, and a hard-boiled egg. (Nothing for lunch--overall about 500 cal today.)

For me slim-fast is like "fire and forget", and a sense of Air Force pilots who can fire a missile at a target and then do not have to track it to the final destination. So too was slim fast, I pour it into a little water in the bottom of my large cup, add more water and whatever else I want to add (such as a hard-boiled egg or bouillon), stir and swallow. No sweat, no brains, and then I'm done.

What has been your experience with slim-fast?

Yours,

Caleb
  • Kalepa
    Kalepa Posts: 4
    Options
    I don't know the sugar content of slim-fast is, but over all it is 110 cal, if one just uses water. But the thing about slim fast for me, is that it leaves a sweet taste in the mouth that I can easily treat with fish sauce, bouillon, some gravy sauce, etc., and I been enjoying doing that for the last two days. (I use vanilla -- the chocolate does not appeal to me.)

I sure get a better feeling of satiety with a little salt at the end of the thing I am consuming.

Also, I consume about a pint and a half or 2 pints of the stuff at a time, and this is very filling.

Today, for example, I've had to slim fast shakes, the one in the morning with gravy powder and the one at night with gravy powder, a little fish sauce, and a hard-boiled egg. (Nothing for lunch--overall about 500 cal today.)

For me slim-fast is like "fire and forget", and a sense of Air Force pilots who can fire a missile at a target and then do not have to track it to the final destination. So too was slim fast, I pour it into a little water in the bottom of my large cup, add more water and whatever else I want to add (such as a hard-boiled egg or bouillon), stir and swallow. No sweat, no brains, and then I'm done.

What has been your experience with slim-fast?

Yours,

Caleb
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    coffee
  • Jhostile
    Options
    During the week I have a Special K - Protein Meal Bar Chocolate Peanut Butter, 180 calories and usually keeps me good until lunch

On the weekend I'll usually have a low-calorie cereal and some skim milk
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I've been eating Life cereal with almond milk but it takes up most of my sugar for the day. What would be a good alternative besides egg whites? I don't do well with eggs.

I have porridge - I think its called "oatmeal" in the US.

50g traditional rolled oats, 30g sultanas + water to cook.
    Topped with about 40ml of soymilk.
    It keeps me going until lunchtime.
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    3 eggs
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I alternate between protein shakes and mcdonald's sausage egg mcmuffin meals.
  • togmo
    togmo Posts: 257
    Options
    This question depends on whether I am based in the city doing my office job or out in the field doing, well, fieldwork.

Generally when I am in the city I have a few pieces of toast with peanut butter spread on it with or without a glass of juice depending on what my macros look like, when I am counting my macros that is.

When I am in the field I generally have some peanuts and some other carb rich snack food like some chips, rice crackers or something like that and some water. This is a really quick and easy breakfast.

Everyone is different but I find a well balanced breakfast works well for me and peanuts/peanut butter is high in both fats and proteins and coupled with some carbs I am usually happy until morning tea or lunch even.
  • sjsosu
    sjsosu Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    3 scrambled eggs with Kale mixed in, a banana, and fish oil.

Almost every day.
  • strong_mama
    Options
    I've been doing protein shakes from DashingDish.com. I recently started using 1/2 frozen banana, but most of the recipes don't call for fruit or added sugar at all. They're full of protein, delicious, and really filling. I definitely recommend checking out the site. I don't work for them; I'm just currently obsessed with it!
  • cathyjl131
    Options
    Steel cut oatmeal with fresh blueberries and a tablespoon of honey ~ 242 calories Leave out the honey or replace it with a no calorie sweetener and it lowers the calories to 178 and the sugar to 5. You can make enough for the whole week and heat it in the microwave eat morning. I eat this almost every day.
  • Allyoopadoop
    Allyoopadoop Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Mainly protein...Grilled chicken mostly or deli turkey. Today I ate an apple with hummus. I find that carbs make me crash.
  • CubanSammich
    Options
    1 cup oatmeal
    2 tbsp pb
    3eggs
    5eggwhites
    1/2banana
    1/2cup milk
    cofeee.. thats usualy a light bfast for me