What do you do to help you stay feeling full?

Options
2»

Replies

• Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I have this cycle that helps:

I get hungry

I eat

repeat
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    For me it's fat. All of the meat and vegetables/fibre in the world won't satiate my appetite if I don't have fat with them. The only exception to that is soup or broth -- I have no idea why 5 or 10 calories of broth will suppress my appetite when a gallon of water won't do a thing but it does. Go figure.
  • lorenzovonmatterhorn7549
    Options
    I have this cycle that helps:

I get hungry

I eat

repeat
    Nice!
  • greenmm25
    greenmm25 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I do almost all the ideas suggested but one thing I do that hasn't been mentioned is chew gum, sometimes I am not really hungry and just the act of chewing subsides those hunger feelings.
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I decided that sometimes, I'm just flat out going to be hungry, and I need to come to grips with it. I realized that being hungry doesn't kill me. At least not yet.

I typically eat 3 regular meals (about 300-ish calories each) and 3 regular snacks (about 100-ish calories each) to get me through the day. Being hungry isn't usually a problem for long, because my next snack/meal is never really that far away. That being said, I have not had my mid-morning snack (or breakfast, lol, I just realized) yet today, and it's only 20 minutes to lunchtime. I've been hungry for about 2 hours, but it's been okay. I'll wait til lunch today to eat.

Note: there are times of day I can handle being hungry more than others. Usually, daytime hunger like I have now is no problem. But evening/nightime is much more difficult for me to handle. That's why I tend to hold my calories to eat later in the day.
  • DoingitWell
    DoingitWell Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Drinking hot tea, nothing added. Or just hot water with lemon. I find that most of the time I am not even hungry, just either thirsty or bored.
  • crystalc27
    crystalc27 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Protein and water....having veggies for snacks too will help to fill you up, so you don't end up feeling so hungry then possibly overeating.