How Do You Feel About Redbull? (sugar free of course!)

so i really, really, really do NOT like coffee. never have, and i'm pretty sure that at this point in my life, never will. and sometimes tea (iced or regular) just does not do it for me! so i've taken to having a sugar free redbull early afternoon on days that i need it. what are your thoughts on this? if you are super against it...why? and please be factual?

in a similar vein, do you prefer a different type of energy drink or energy booster? obviously i'd love to ditch the chemicals as much as possible, so i'm really curious to see what people have to say about this!

Replies

• ItsAKindofMagic
    ItsAKindofMagic Posts: 15 Member
    If you love coffee, no explanation is needed...if you do not love coffee, no explanation is possible...:)
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Personally, I think Red Bull tastes horrible and would take coffee over it any day or time of the week. However, there are plenty of other beverages out there that will give you a dose of caffeine or you can stick with the Red Bull.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    It gets me through my day...tastes disgusting, but it works...i've recently started drinking DavidsTea, a couple of the flavours are stimulants (all natural, no coffee). Check out their website and see what you can find.
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    Hubby drinks Redbull as a mixer when we go out. Personally, I can't stand the stuff, fortunately I like coffee.
  • LAW_714
    LAW_714 Posts: 258
    To me it tastes like Creomulsion cough syrup...
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    I hate Red Bull. But I also hate coffee. And I don't drink soda. I also rarely ever have regular tea.

So, really, I use no stimulants to stay awake during the day. I stay awake by trying to make sure that I get a decent night's sleep and eating well. I find that the healthier I eat, the more energy I have.

Every once in a blue moon, if I'm on a overnight road trip and I just can't stay awake at all, and I have no other option...I usually buy some caffeine pills from the next gas station convenience store. They come six to a pack, are cheaper than a single can of Red Bull, and each pill has 100mg of caffeine vs. Red Bull's 80mg.

And since the sugar free/carb free Red Bull has aspartame in it, the one time I tried to drink that nasty concoction I had a horrific headache within about 10 minutes of drinking it and couldn't figure out why until I read the label and saw that it was aspartame as well as the sucralose I'd seen before I bought it.
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    red bull is okay

try the Xyience Xenergy drinks, they're sugar free and taste awesome. If you want a non-energy drink then try taking B-12 vitamins
  • scottaworley
    scottaworley Posts: 871 Member
    Yum.
    The zero kind is kinda nasty to me, but I like the sugar free.
    Best 15 calories in my day.
  • lady6starlight
    lady6starlight Posts: 127 Member
    I've always found it to be nasty, but if it works for you, then that's good! Does it make you crash?
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    For me Red Bull is an emergency measure, because one can will keep me awake for literally hours. But I have no objection to it in principal, especially mixed with vodka and a bit of soda water. :p
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Oh and I have a coffee in the morning and sometimes a coke zero at lunch, otherwise it's water until the evening when I have a glass of wine :)
  • scottaworley
    I've always found it to be nasty, but if it works for you, then that's good! Does it make you crash?

I never really understood caffeine crashes, but I guess some people get them.
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Red Bull tastes bad and it should feel bad.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    If you like it, drink it.

How do I feel about Redbull? I feel it goes best with vodka.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Tastes like crap. Go for full fat Red Bull or better yet, a can of Monster.
  • aetzkorn14
    aetzkorn14 Posts: 169 Member
    iv weaned myself off of caffeine finally and I really hate the idea of energy drinks if I can avoid it especially sugar free just because of the chemicals they load them down with. I don't do coffee or tea except for once in a while. I think my diet has helped me loose that 3pm feeling. if I really really need something I grab a rockstar with sugar I really like the taste and I feel my body can get the use out of the sugar instead of trying to filter the chemicals out. but I usually workout after..makes me feel better knowing did something to help burn it off.
  • jboccio90
    jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
    with alcohol, why not?
  • CaliforniaBarbie
    CaliforniaBarbie Posts: 346 Member
    well personally i try to not drink energy drinks, but some days you need them and i like redbull.
    however i dont like my hubby drinking them because when we met he literally drank like two four packs PER day, which was extremely uncalled for, and totally ruining his health. he was doing really well at not drinking them for my sake because i worry about him "too much" however we went on a long road trip and i said he could have one a day if he was driving and now he is back to being practically addicted to them again, he needs at least 2 to even make it through the day and then he still needs a nap after work.
    oh and i understand you're not going crazy overboard like that, i think 1 a few times a week is okay, but more then 1 every other day i think is pushing the limits of your health, and my opinion is not just of RedBull but of all energy drinks as well as coffee.
    i personally drink coffee once or twice a week to wake up and get outta bed after a bad night of no sleep.
  • scottaworley
    Tastes like crap. Go for full fat Red Bull or better yet, a can of Monster.

lol when red bull starts putting fat in their energy drinks.
  • marci119
    marci119 Posts: 12
    Thanks for the feedback! I actually don't mind the taste of the 10 calorie ones at all! Was just hoping to find an alternative with less chemicals :). I do sleep a good bit, workout and eat well but unless I'm eating totally clean (like when I did two juice cleanses), I def need caffeine.