Big-girl Jeans?

Options
2»

Replies

• mom2dzbnwe
    mom2dzbnwe Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I like the jeans at J C Penney,...the St John's Bay brand. They fit me very well and aren't expensive.

This, exactly. They were my favorite when I was a 20. I've switched over to Liz Claiborne now that I'm a 10. Maurice's has some good jeans too....Suki is the brand I like.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    lane bryant
  • x_cinder_x
    x_cinder_x Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Try Angels plus size jeans out. I loved these jeans at 18/20. Cut for curves, and to hide that mom pooch, while being modern and cute. Stores like Kohls and Sears carry them, but it can be tricky to find the plus sizes there. I happened to stumble across a pair and tried them on. It was an instant buy of happiness. However, much to my annoyance, they are really hard to find in store. If your interested you should probably call around 1st. The good news though is they are really easy to source online and at around $22 you may want to go ahead and take a gamble.
    Good luck!:drinker:
  • sorcha1977
    sorcha1977 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Lane Bryant's jeans suck for pear shapes now (they've forgotten how to make jeans for super curvy women and think everyone has little legs and no booty). I really, really, really miss their Right Fit jeans.

I love Avenue. They've maintained their curvy cut and fit pear shapes really well. They're the only jeans that cover my butt with little to no gap.

If you're more of an apple, I hear great things about Old Navy, and they have free returns since they don't carry plus sizes in the stores. You can order a few, try them on, and send back whichever ones don't fit. Catherine's is also good if you want more mature jeans and no stuff on your butt, but their waists are super high. They're kind of mom-jean-ish, and not in a good way. They fit really well through the legs and such, but they were cutting me off at my ribcage, and they weren't even the tall fit. :-P

Kohl's has a brand called Gloria Vanderbilt that's stretchy but holds its shape. It would work well for most bodies. It fits my pear shape pretty well and doesn't gap, but I think they'd be comfortable on an apple too.

I really like stuff that's 98% cotton and 2% spandex (or thereabouts). It stretches enough to be comfortable and not too tight, but it doesn't lose its shape either.
  • JskC1893
    JskC1893 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    If you get a chance, there are multiple brands available at kohls that offer 'slimming' styles for plus sizes. I can't think of any brands at the top of my head, but I know I see them around the store as I'm shopping. Plus you'd have a chance to try out a variety of options.
  • martyguy74
    martyguy74 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I like Bandolino. They come in regular and women's sizes. You can find them at Belk. They have a nice amount of stretch without stretching out so bad that they are baggy at the end of the day.
  • LadyBenihime
    LadyBenihime Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    The only place I really find jeans that fit me right is at Torrid.. it's not inexpensive.. but you can look for coupons and things online.. I just bought 2 pairs of jeans last weekend and while the normal prices were $58.50 for each pair I only paid $75 total because of the sale they had as well as the coupon that I brought in with me..
  • maracuya23
    maracuya23 Posts: 122
    Options
    Definitely not cheap (though google around as you can find coupons, or pairs on ebay, or overstock sites) and only available up to an 18, but I adore my pair of "not your daughter's jeans." (NYDJ) They were my Christmas gift to myself last year, and they've held up brilliantly for 9 months and a 20-odd pound weight fluctuation. Zero muffin issues, and just fit beautifully. I'm fairly hourglass-shaped, with a shortish torso. They've held up to serious travel, and have never done the saggy knee at the end of the day thing. When this pair gets a bit too big (hopefully soon!), I plan to get myself another one size down and to sell this one. They rock.
  • Achaila
    Achaila Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I buy Lane Bryant jeans from Gabes (which is a discount overstock store) and I love them. I have an hourglass figure and they hug me great. I'm a size 20.
  • candylilacs
    candylilacs Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Any junior-plus jean will fit snugly. Check out the junior-plus section of Macys or any online store.
  • VeggieKidMandy
    VeggieKidMandy Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Old Navy's Jeans run a little bit big and they have cute styles.
  • slhall0822
    slhall0822 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Lots of awesome suggestions... time for me to go jean shopping :)