New mom- breast feeding

Options
2»

Replies

• Lonewolf1507
    Lonewolf1507 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Congratulations OP, sorry no advice for you but this might get picked up by two of my friends who are nursing new Mum's who might be able to help or use some of the advice that you are given.

Andy
  • Armagan123
    Armagan123 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Why on earth you start counting calories when you have a 2 months old baby and brestfeeding. Give yourself a break, let your body produce as much milk as it can and feed your baby. Sleep a little more instead of using your energy for logging, counting calories, etc. Of course this does not mean eat all the junk food, a jar of nutella, ...you get the idea. Just make healthy choices, drink lots of water, have enough calcium, iron, sleep enough, go to daily walks with your baby and most of all enjoy your baby. After your baby gets 6 months old and starts eating solid foods then start counting calories if you want.

Many breastfeeding moms log to ensure they're getting enough calories. And if you log you can track items like calcium and iron, so...

If your first post after 5months on this site is to berate a new mom, maybe you should consider a forum relocation to one that encourages bashing. www.babycenter.com might be a better fit. :flowerforyou:

OP: Eat all your calories and drink plenty of water. And growth spurts are enough to make even an experienced breastfeeder think they're doing it wrong, but the babies are just ramping up your supply as long as they have enough wet diapers. Enjoy! :heart: kellymom.com is a great resource too.

Well, I guess you are the husband!
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Why on earth you start counting calories when you have a 2 months old baby and brestfeeding. Give yourself a break, let your body produce as much milk as it can and feed your baby. Sleep a little more instead of using your energy for logging, counting calories, etc. Of course this does not mean eat all the junk food, a jar of nutella, ...you get the idea. Just make healthy choices, drink lots of water, have enough calcium, iron, sleep enough, go to daily walks with your baby and most of all enjoy your baby. After your baby gets 6 months old and starts eating solid foods then start counting calories if you want.

Many breastfeeding moms log to ensure they're getting enough calories. And if you log you can track items like calcium and iron, so...

If your first post after 5months on this site is to berate a new mom, maybe you should consider a forum relocation to one that encourages bashing. www.babycenter.com might be a better fit. :flowerforyou:

OP: Eat all your calories and drink plenty of water. And growth spurts are enough to make even an experienced breastfeeder think they're doing it wrong, but the babies are just ramping up your supply as long as they have enough wet diapers. Enjoy! :heart: kellymom.com is a great resource too.

Well, I guess you are the husband!

No. Try again.
  • pameliukes
    Options
    Hi I was wondering if I am suppose to eat 1800 calories a day + the 500 I am burning or 1300 after burning my calories. I am scared to loose my milk supply my baby is exclusivly bf she is 4 months. I pump 3x at work and nurse her when im home.
  • JDubIsShrinking
    JDubIsShrinking Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Good for you for nursing!
    Definitely make sure you are eating enough - i think there is a way to log breastfeeding to give yourself more than your usual calories. My suggestion would be not to aim for less than the amount of calories given. You're feeding yourself and your little one and have to compensate for that.
This discussion has been closed.