PROTEIN POWDERS... ALL THE SAME?

Options
2»

Replies

• vienna_h
    vienna_h Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    bodybuilding.com has all the reviews you could ever want on every protein powder is existence (not really, but almost!)

There is different types of protein used in protein powders. Look up an article online to get all the details on each one, but whey is the most common.

Look at the other ingredients. Look at the grams of protein, sugar, calories and everything else on the label.

I use Whey Gourmet (super delicious), but next I'm going to try either Optimum Nutrition Whey, Trutein, Musclepharm, Dymatize, or Allmax, just to mix it up. I buy off of vitamart.ca, it has a list of top selling and top rated proteins, with all the label and ingredients.
  • dmt9544
    dmt9544 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I like these brands (some are more pricey than others): JJ Virgin Diet All in One Shake (contains NO dairy, gluten, artificial sweeteners or soy); BioTrust Low Carb (isolated whey protein); Metagenics UltraInflamX 360 Plus (medical grade protein - rice-powder: Free Of High fructose corn syrup, gluten, wheat, soy protein, egg, dairy products, nuts, tree nuts, fish, crustacean shellfish, colors, artificial sweeteners, and artificial flavors.); Nature's Plus Fruitein (vegetarian), Nature's Best Perfect Zero Carb Isopure Pineapple Orange Banana (no carb, whey protein isolate), Garden of Life RAW Organic Protein (Free Of
    Gluten, dairy, soy allergens, lactose, fillers, isolates, synthetic nutrients, artificial sweeteners and preservatives) and Garden of Life RAW Fit Organic ( Vegan • Gluten Free • Dairy Free • Soy Free • Non GMO Project Verified).

I use coconut milk with the protein powder, and may add Dagoda organic cocoa, frozen fruit, ground flaxseed in the shake/smoothie. Usually you can find good prices (still not cheap, though) at vitacost.com for Garden of Life, Nature's Plus, Nature's Best Isopure, and Metagenics. Also, you may be able to get Metagenics from a dietician/nutritionist practice at a more favorable price point.
  • LadyBoss_1989
    LadyBoss_1989 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I use Pro Nutra Fit 15. it has one gram of Sugar. and contains Milk and soy with some artifical flavors.
    Does that mean the Sugar it has is Added or Natural?
  • trisha986
    trisha986 Posts: 139
    Options
    I wanted to get some input on protein powder for women. there is sooo may brands out there than im beyond confused. Im looking for a protein shake that is low in calories, carbs and sugars. one that i dont feel guilty for drinking after a workout.

im a F 5'5 148lbs. work out 4-5 times a week (nothing too heavy, just toning and lots of cardio)

I want a one that i can drink with some fresh fruit (obviously keeping track of sugar intake etc.)

any good ones that you guys can recommend? :smile: :smile:

I use Cellucor Whey Protein. Cinnamon Swirl is yummy. So is Vanilla.
  • Miamiuu
    Miamiuu Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Try isopure zero carb protein drinks.43 grams protein at 240 calories. No carbs.expensive but taste like fruit.