How do you abstain from eating the chocolate in the fridge?

Options
I'm having a good day, when all of a sudden we go to visit some relative who offers me pies and ice cream and brownies. Or I happen across some chocolate in the fridge. I know I'll regret it a half hour later but I can't stop myself. My sweet tooth is out of hand...

How do you abstain/ find the motivation to stay on track?

Replies

• mphillip6
    mphillip6 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I never abstain from anything I really want. I work it out so that what I am having fits within my calories for the day. If I never allowed myself to have the things I love, I would binge on them constantly and ruin all of my hard work. So a treat when I really want it helps keep me going! Just remember everthing in moderation!

Good luck!
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    I'm having a good day, when all of a sudden we go to visit some relative who offers me pies and ice cream and brownies. Or I happen across some chocolate in the fridge. I know I'll regret it a half hour later but I can't stop myself. My sweet tooth is out of hand...

How do you abstain/ find the motivation to stay on track?

I just refuse the pies and ice cream and brownies and as for chocolate in the fridge, I never put any in there.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    I DON'T! :-D
    but only as long as its within my calories :)

oh and to answer your question..the motivation to not over indulge is simply because I like being slim and now I've got to that place I wanna stay there :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i wouldnt fit in the fridge, so its fairly easy....
  • Alanhalil
    Alanhalil Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    We've had a huge pack of chocolate in our fridge for ages. Seeing it there every day is a reminder that I'm doing well. It's actually a motivator in a weird sense.
  • Joannesmith2818
    Joannesmith2818 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I have a bar of dark chocolate hanging around....1 cube of that kills of my sugar cravings :)
  • Hannah_Hopes
    Hannah_Hopes Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    If I can have it within my calories I will, on other hand if you've sweet tooth cravings try something naturally sweet instead :)
  • BlackPup
    BlackPup Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I don't keep chocolate in the house for that reason. Hard when it's out of your control like someone else offering. I try to exercise if I have a treat or something extra.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I never abstain from anything I really want. I work it out so that what I am having fits within my calories for the day. If I never allowed myself to have the things I love, I would binge on them constantly and ruin all of my hard work. So a treat when I really want it helps keep me going! Just remember everthing in moderation!

Good luck!

^^^^ all of this

and to avoid mindless snacking on calorie dense foods you don't even enjoy that much, the solution is to not have them in the fridge in the first place. Then you have room in your calorie goal to have stuff like chocolate that you're really going to enjoy.
  • ferocityturbine
    ferocityturbine Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Chocolate has no place in the fridge. Room temperature ALL THE WAY :tongue:

In response the the question: I savour a little taste to melt in my mouth but don't chomp down on more than a square or two. A square is maybe 35 calories? Easy to fit into a healthy wholesome day :smile:
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I don't put chocolate in the fridge. :P

I actually have a punnet of grapes and a punnet of strawberries in there at the moment for those weak moments.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options

Beat me to it :laugh:
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Don;t buy chocolate and leave it in the fridge
  • Leebear727
    Options
    I like to keep mint dark chocolate in my freezer if I'm having a craving I can break off a small piece (nickel size). Since its frozen I just suck on it and it stretches the flavor until the craving passes, almost guilt free. I'm not a baked goods fan so that stuff just doesn't appeal to me.
  • karlahere
    karlahere Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Beat me to it :laugh:
    High five!

I wasn't able to refuse a slice of cake yesterday because I was with a friend (who I rarely get to see) who offered me some. She just plopped it down the plate. I love her. :)

But for chocolate in our own fridge, I read the nutrition facts first. If I'm still below my goal at the end of the day, that's when I eat. If not, I just drink a glass of water.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Well the trick is..... don't buy it.

You can't eat what's not there.

But then I work hard enough to have it anyway. The whole block.
  • crystalrp
    crystalrp Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Emerald has some really yummy cocoa roasted almonds all portioned out into 100 calorie servings. When I am jonesing for chocolate, I eat those. It does the trick for me.
  • mushroomsontoast
    mushroomsontoast Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I never have it in the house :smile:
  • GuybrushThreepw00d
    GuybrushThreepw00d Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    don't buy it.
    it's much easier not to test your willpower by buying the temptation.
  • StripedSmoker
    StripedSmoker Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hmm... when it's not there I don't want it, I never crave sweets, thus I never buy any. If it's there I might plan to eat one as a little treat... then I don't care about going over my calories (gasp, 200cal over? Oh noes!) Seriously, some sins won't kill you :)