Sugar!

Options
I don't know if it's just me but i think the sugar limit on this website is ridiculous! i had a yogurt and apple and i was already over the limit!!
does anyone else find this or is it just me?

Replies

• ritchiedrama
    ritchiedrama Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    The sugar limit means nothing, don't worry about it anyway (Unless you are diabetic/medical issues).
  • georgiex
    georgiex Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    what am i supposed to track then? :( so annoying when it comes up red!!
  • ritchiedrama
    Options
    Well, I'm assuming you're not interested in becoming a 'bodybuilder', you just want to lose weight?

So simply calories..

but the step after that would be, Calories, Protein, Carb, Fat, Fiber (that is how you really change body composition alongside lifting weights getting the right balance of protein/carb/fat)
  • ukaggirl
    ukaggirl Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I agree! I spoke with my nutrition councelor about this and she said to be aware of sugar intake, especially added sugar, but to also look at fiber. As long as the sugar containing foods also contain fiber (i.e. fruits and vegetables) I'm not as concerned with the total sugar level. Having said that yogurt can be very high in added sugar. It's important to read the nutrition label and ingredients carefully as most low fat yogurts add a lot of sugar to make up for taste of removing the fat.

I am certainly no expert so I'm looking forward to what others have to say! :)
  • Goin4goal
    Goin4goal Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    You can take the sugar category off and replace it with something else. I also thought that was really annoying to see it red all the time. At the time, I was having a green smoothie in the morning and that was it, I was over already. I replaced it with Sat. Fat. Just go into settings and change it with whatever you'd like. Some add Fiber.
  • SStruthers13
    SStruthers13 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    You don't have to track it or you can just ignore it. I find tracking some things is pointless because it's unrealistic or unreliable. Sugar as an example. As ritchiebull said, sugar is not an issue unless there are health problems. Just eat reasonably healthy and do not add sugar, salt or fats.
  • ritchiedrama
    Options
    You don't have to track it or you can just ignore it. I find tracking some things is pointless because it's unrealistic or unreliable. Sugar as an example. As ritchiebull said, sugar is not an issue unless there are health problems. Just eat reasonably healthy and do not add sugar, salt or fats.

There is nothing wrong with salt (unless health issues again).
  • RosyBest
    RosyBest Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Sugar is important. Remember sugar turns into fat in the body so you don't want to go over your sugar because you could defeat the whole purpose of losing weight. Look up what someone your weight and size should be consuming and then manually change your sugar limits on here. Good luck.
  • ritchiedrama
    Options
    Sugar is important. Remember sugar turns into fat in the body so you don't want to go over your sugar because you could defeat the whole purpose of losing weight. Look up what someone your weight and size should be consuming and then manually change your sugar limits on here. Good luck.

You are wrong.
  • georgiex
    Options
    i'm only short so pretty sure i won't need loads of sugar anyway! i have a mega sweet tooth so cut out all sweets etc. and i'm still going over the sugar intake! i don't want to remove it completely because i know it turns to fat :(
  • ritchiedrama
    Options
    i'm only short so pretty sure i won't need loads of sugar anyway! i have a mega sweet tooth so cut out all sweets etc. and i'm still going over the sugar intake! i don't want to remove it completely because i know it turns to fat :(

Sugar does not turn to fat, you have the wrong idea.

You are in a caloric deficit (eating less calories than you need)

It is an impossibility for that to happen, you don't NEED to limit your sugar.

When I was losing fat, I was still consuming 100-150g of sugar a day.
  • georgiex
    Options
    pretty sure i'm not eating less calories than i need though! 1200 seems like a lot and i'm way under all the time
  • RosyBest
    RosyBest Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Don't get rid of all your sugar just try to stay within that range. Sugar will definitely sneak up on you. My brother in law went on a fruit diet and was losing weight. 3 weeks into it he was rushed to the hospital with a blood sugar level of 700. He almost went into a diabetic coma. He is diabetic now. I don't want to scare you but ignoring sugar is bad advice. I don't know why ritchie is promoting unhealthy practices.
  • ritchiedrama
    Options
    pretty sure i'm not eating less calories than i need though! 1200 seems like a lot and i'm way under all the time

I assure you, 1200 calories is a not a lot, and you do NOT need to be eating less. If anything you need to be eating more no matter what human tells you. A human should never have to survive on less than 1200 calories, it's silly.

Georgie, you need to re-consider your calorie in-take, do you do any weightlifting/cardio/exercising?
  • ritchiedrama
    Options
    Don't get rid of all your sugar just try to stay within that range. Sugar will definitely sneak up on you. My brother in law went on a fruit diet and was losing weight. 3 weeks into it he was rushed to the hospital with a blood sugar level of 700. He almost went into a diabetic coma. He is diabetic now. I don't want to scare you but ignoring sugar is bad advice. I don't know why ritchie is promoting unhealthy practices.

Please, stop it is worrying. If you continue I will report your posts for giving out false information. For a start, your brother obviously lacks some intelligence for going on a "fruit only" diet.
  • georgiex
    Options
    but i'm not hungry enough to eat more than 1200 :( yeah i go running every day! no weight lifting though only those daft 1.5 girly ones
  • lindustum
    lindustum Posts: 212 Member
    Options

+1 what ritchie said.

It sounds more like he already had diabetes, didn't know, and then went on a fruit diet. If consuming high amounts of X causes a coma within 3 weeks in any average healthy human being we surely would have heard about it by now...
  • fatfudgery
    fatfudgery Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    My brother in law went on a fruit diet and was losing weight. 3 weeks into it he was rushed to the hospital with a blood sugar level of 700. He almost went into a diabetic coma. He is diabetic now.

My brother-in-law ate a peach once. He is now paralyzed.
  • ritchiedrama
    Options
    but i'm not hungry enough to eat more than 1200 :( yeah i go running every day! no weight lifting though only those daft 1.5 girly ones

You can eat more calorie dense foods, such as peanut butter, etc. You don't have to remove any food from your diet, balance + moderation is key.

Start lifting weights, start trying to eat more and you should regain an appetite. Honestly, Georgie, you shouldn't be eating that little, especially if you are running every single day.

Take my advice however you want, but I assure you, you need to eat more.
  • georgiex
    Options
    My brother in law went on a fruit diet and was losing weight. 3 weeks into it he was rushed to the hospital with a blood sugar level of 700. He almost went into a diabetic coma. He is diabetic now.

My brother-in-law ate a peach once. He is now paralyzed.

hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha!!!