Question for all the prego ladeeeeesss (or previously)

Options
2»

Replies

• storknursekelly
    storknursekelly Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Being an OB nurse (worked in an office as well as 30 + years of L&D and 4 kids later lol), it varies with each pregnancy. Usually tho by 12 weeks at the latest, new mommies to be are relieved of the sorness, tenderness of the breasts, very supportive bras help tremendously as well as "hands off" for a few weeks from daddy. Also standing in the shower with breasts not hitting the water will help :) As far as through out the pregnancy just the normal growing, stretching again each of us are different but I can't encourage a good fitting bra & support enough.
    Once you deliver, if you are breast feeding, again support is a must because otherwise engorgement will be much worse as well as soreness & pain. So put your nursing bra on and wear it 24/7 amap to support & prevent more pain. With a normal delivery it usually takes about 3 days for your milk to come in, C-Section can be 4 or 5 depending on certain factors, but usually 3-4 if a scheduled C-Section. If you have had a baby before your milk can come in a day earlier than above. The engorgement happens because the baby isn't able or willing to empty the breasts quick enough once your milk comes in (very normal) but the more frequent you nurse the less engorgement. We can talk about that later if you want to friend me. :)) But for now, good bra support, warm baths & time will help. I wish you a beautiful pregnancy & a speedy & beautiful birth. It's the best job ever to help mommies to be become mommies ! xxxx's Kelly
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    My tenderness went away after the first trimester. Then after I had the babies it multiplied by a million. I could barely take a shower for the first week after they were born without crying. That's what happens when you take 34Cs and try to make them into 36Fs in a short time. And I leaked before I even gave birth. I was such a hot mess, but it's so worth it. Congratulations!!
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    It was a first trimester problem with all three of mine. And yeah, what people are saying about the milk coming it. Holy schnikees! For now, get a good sports bra that gives some compression. That helps a lot, and you'll need it again for a week or so after birth. And the cabbage leaves suggestion is great! I did that with my 3rd. So soothing!

Good luck, mama! :flowerforyou:
  • PBsMommy
    PBsMommy Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Mine were like this the first trimester... It went away the second trimester... And then it was back with a major vengeance in the third trimester... However, I think the third trimester was more because my milk came in and filled my boobs to the max. I found joy squirting my husband with the colostrum/milk.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    just first trimester for me. good luck :happy:
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I had the soreness last until wk 12 I believe. I had oversupply of milk so engorgement was no joke. I still have oversupply, my lo is 7months and if I don't pump on time I get that engorged feeling. I'm.looking forward to them shrinking again after I wean around 12months.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    thank you all for the great advice...I'm in the 19th week so a big concerned