Weight Watchers & MFP?

Options
2»

Replies

• Courtney6594
    Courtney6594 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I never joined WW, but I follow it. I could not afford to join or find the time to utilize all of the resources signing up provides. Instead, I use a free online calculator (http://www.calculatorcat.com/free_calculators/weight_watchers_calculator.phtml) to calculate points. I rarely need to use it as I am a creature of habit and have memorized the points of most of my favourite eats.

WW tracking helped me to lose 25 pounds this year, In combination with some moderate exercise (I use curves and jog). WW (along with alot of different ways of tracking your intake) make you more aware of what you are putting in your mouth. You start checking nutritional info, it changes your perception of portion size.

I recommend WW because it is not a crash diet, it is a way to break the current bad habits with eating poorly, and it is the adoption of a new, healthier lifestyle.

Weight loss is approximately 70% what you eat and 30% how active you are (so I have heard) and I used that fact as a way to motivate me to make decisions about what to put in my body.
  • JakeBrownVB
    JakeBrownVB Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    weight watchers is sht.. it focuses on making everything "simple" and hence the moment you stop you pile the weight back on because you are still utterly clueless about nutrition.

ditch weight watchers and learn the hard lessons for yourself, it is the only way you will succesfully achieve the full lifestyle change you need to maitain and reach your goals.

p.s. thought more on it.. and decided i didnt quite emphasise just how sht weight watchers actually is.. i mean it is so utterly bolox and useless that i feel a personal mission to bring the company down.. WHOS WITH ME! :d
  • suechamber1
    suechamber1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I just recently switched from WW (online). I did lose 16 pounds with WW but it took over 6 months to do it and don't get me wrong I am not complaining because I was finally losing and not gaining and I felt great. However I really stalled out even though I was sticking to my points, didn 't use my exercise points and I did log all my food. We are all different and for me I think having 'free" food did not work - I ate a LOT of vegetables and fruits since they were zero points. After a while I hated seeing my monthly payment to WW knowing that I have so much further to go (over 100 pounds to lose) and it just made me feel more like a failure. Since starting MFP I have lost 7.2 pounds (in just under 4 weeks - tomorrow is my official weigh in day) and am finally seeing results for all my hard work. I also find the MFP phone app so much easier than WW - love the scan option! So we are all different and different things work for different people but for me I think it is important to log absolutely everything I eat. You know they say that nothing in life is for free and I think I can say the same for food! Good luck!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    weight watchers is sht.. it focuses on making everything "simple" and hence the moment you stop you pile the weight back on because you are still utterly clueless about nutrition.

ditch weight watchers and learn the hard lessons for yourself, it is the only way you will succesfully achieve the full lifestyle change you need to maitain and reach your goals.

p.s. thought more on it.. and decided i didnt quite emphasise just how sht weight watchers actually is.. i mean it is so utterly bolox and useless that i feel a personal mission to bring the company down.. WHOS WITH ME! :d

This... WW is a waste of money.