Ladies who are 5'2 , please stand up !! :D

Options
Hey ladies

Hoping ye can share yer stats and pictures if ye have them
I had my goal weight set at 120Ibs but now that I'm here I'm considering lowering that again but maybe I should focus more on body composition than weight loss
I know all of us are different but it's nice to see what girls around my height are weight wise and maintaining
Also if ye want feel free to share what yer maintaince calories are like , always helpful to know ..

Looking forward to yer replies :)

Replies

• Des0528
    Des0528 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm 5'2 and have always had a hard time with my weight. Being short makes it difficult because any little bit of weight really shows on you. Currently I'm at 148lbs and my goal weight is somewhere around 125. I've been on MFP for awhile now and recently got back on the band wagon. Right now I'm just focused on losing weight and maintaining the loss, then I will start in on the toning and definition. I have my calories set to 1210 a day, to lose 1 lb per week. My job unfortunately is pretty sedentary so that's a main reason my calories stay so low. Welp, good luck with everything!!! :)

-Des
  • _xXJennXx_
    _xXJennXx_ Posts: 3,290 Member
    Options
    1st pic is back from February 2013, weighed around 135-136 lbs. My height is 5'2" also.
    482325_10151466765598048_637476752_n.jpg
    2nd is more recent from last week at 118 lbs.
    41164249_2155.jpg
  • Shannonthompson73
    Shannonthompson73 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to post pictures, sorry.

I am 5'2 and I started at 140lbs. My goal first goal was 130 then 125. I found 120 to be my magic goal number. At 120 I finally feel comfortable with my body shape. My chest is managable and I don't feel like my "saddle bag" area is an issue. I do a lot of cardio and a little strength. I am a 40 year old swimming/football/tennis/wrestling/drama momma of 3 teens, I am not looking to bulk up. ;)

I am fairly active at work and go to the gym 4 times a week. I try to eat around 1700-1800 a day. I have not figured out maintenance yet. I reached my goal in July and have lost a couple more pounds since. I am having trouble letting go of the losing weight mindset.
  • CharityC2182
    CharityC2182 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1, 19% body fat and this is the most I've ever weighed in my life! 107 lbs. I know many think oh thats good, but not to me..It's all how you feel about yourself. I looked my greatest at 98 lbs, but it's so hard to maintain..I constantly work out and count my calories. Just found this site and think it's great! I'm really working to get down to between 100-102..y not..I'm 31 and it's true once you hit your 30's it's very hard..no kids here
  • CharityC2182
    CharityC2182 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have a sedentary job too! It's hard to be able to much activity, but make it a point to go the gym on my lunch breaks for 1 hr. 15 min. every other day..I know they say that's still not enough, but what are you supposed to do if you have a desk job?
  • sharonfoustmills
    sharonfoustmills Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    that's me, that's me!

eta: and I am probably way bigger than you, need to lose 130 pounds here
  • laceymcmath
    Options
    I'm 5' 1-1/2" technically, but I claim 5'2" on drivers licenses, etc. =)
    I started in January at 152 lbs., and right now I'm 134.2. It has been very slow going, but as long as I'm losing instead of gaining, I'm okay. =) I have just realized that I can't be super strictly rigid... I am normally disciplined with what I eat, but if I'm at a birthday party or something, I splurge and eat cake. That saves me from having a meltdown and binge eating later. I'm sure that has slowed me down some, but it keeps me more dedicated.

My goal is 125, but I am perfectly okay if I level out around 130 and just have more muscle. =) I am naturally built more "curvy," so I have accepted that I will never be super thin or anything... and that's okay. I don't want to look like a stick, I just want to be healthy.
  • TKRV
    TKRV Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2. Currently 118 and at about 21% body fat. I used this site after college because my activity level changed drastically and I needed a way to track what I was doing with my health. I was off of this site for some time because I hit by goal of 115.... but I haven't seen that number for a while. Given, 3 more pounds isn't a lot, but I want to nip it in the butt. I haven't been going back and forth and my body fat percentage has been going up (It's usually around 19 - 20%)

I know every person says this, but I feel as if short people have a harder time with weight. When you're 5'2 every pound shows more on you than it would on someone who was 5'6

Any of you can feel free to add me as a friend. I log in almost every day and have been keeping a blog about the Insanity workouts I started last Sunday.
  • alisha7702
    alisha7702 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    ME TOO... i looked by best at 113 imo.. right now im 118.. it is very very difficult to stay under 115.. constant work , but i choose to keep it under control when its a few pounds insteand of 10.. its not fun being fun sized..lol
  • tyb03
    tyb03 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Umm.. I'm between 5'1" and 5'2" and am quite obese compared to all who have posted. Pretty much where you all are at your starting wieght is where I would like to be lol. I'd be satisfied at 145 to be honest.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    um, I AM standing. Can't you tell? (I'm only 5'0")
  • Libertysfate
    Libertysfate Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    5'2" here! I was at my heaviest EVER at 155lbs, that was back around late May or early June. Doc and I made a plan and I'm officially down to 139lbs. :D My goal is between 115-120lbs., but really I just want to get my waist down to around 25 inches.
  • mommy3457
    mommy3457 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1". I am 145 lbs. right now. My first goal is to get to 135 lbs. My second one is 125 lbs. I have a larger bone structure, and I am curvy too. I lost all pregnancy weight so far. I went from 185 lbs. to 145 lbs.

This is a recent picture.

988683_10101387031649341_2050022150_n_zpse65b5b9a.jpg

This was when I was about 150 lbs. Sorry for how blurry it is.

253275_253381821471268_1825616645_n_zps8a350016.jpg
  • TheRunningGuppy
    TheRunningGuppy Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Only if you give me a step ladder so I can actually be seen! :wink: I have a long way to go to reach my goal, but it's set at 130. But we will see as I get closer. I am currently wearing a 16/18, but from what I've seen other people post on here, I'm a whole lot heavier than a lot of people in that size. So if I get to 140/150 range and am happy with my clothing size, I'll move into maintenance mode.
  • akp4Him
    akp4Him Posts: 227
    Options
    5' 2.5" tall
    SW 215
    CW 126
    GW 115

Struggling with that last 10 pounds.
  • nikkilouise0803
    nikkilouise0803 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow 5"2ers :)

SW: 221lb - Jan 2013
    CW: 188.6
    Next GW: 180

I don't have a final GW as I don't know what I want to be - I just want to be happy and healthy :)

*no idea how to upload pics, but my DP is my current weight loss*
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2", currently 122 lb, small frame, 32% body fat.

I looked my best in the past at about 100-110 lb. At this point I'd be happy to get my body fat percentage down and be at a higher weight if I have to (maintaining a low weight in the past required a very small calorie intake, and I like my pie), just so long as I can look as slim in the middle as I did, 5 years ago, at 100lb.

edit: cannot for the life of me resize a darn pic
  • romanticRECK
    Options
    will read later :)
  • RockinTerri
    RockinTerri Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    5' 2.5" tall
    SW 215
    CW 126
    GW 115

Struggling with that last 10 pounds.

Congratulations! If you don't mind my asking, how long did it take you to achieve your loss?

I myself am 5'2.5"
    SW 220 lbs
    CW 209 lbs
    GW 150 lbs (once I hit this I will reevaluate a new GW)
  • amyniceneasy
    amyniceneasy Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    ME!!!!!
    SW 160
    CW 136
    GW,,,,I don't really know. I'm ok with this weight but I would not mind taking off another 10lbs. I've maintained this weight for almost a year.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!