What's your workout pet peeves?

Options
2»

Replies

• CharlotteAnneUK
    CharlotteAnneUK Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Hearing the weights slam down in the work gym because the lads have gone for the heaviest weight they can to impress the other lads, but have no control over it and they only do two and have to go for a drink.

Not being able to use the weights because the lads are either hogging the weights machine or have busted them

Free weights being left all over the place on the floor and on equipment in the work gym....

This is why I am building my own mini gym in the garden! ITS ALL MINE!!!!!

This is absolutely my most hated thing. They HOG. Because they are big boys apparently and think they own the gym. And they only ever go in packs because they can't do anything without each other. I hate it when people hog stuff.
    It always amuses me when I walk past to get my weights and my leg muscles are bigger than theirs though because they only ever work their arms and chests.
    Dumbarses

Thinking I pretty much hit the nail on the head here! Its also the look they give you when you ask if they are going to be long as you want to use it... Its like YOU, DONT MAKE ME LAUGH.
  • karlahere
    karlahere Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    people grunting super loud and horking their spit up! yuck!
    Eeeew. This this this.

My biggest pet peeve would be getting interrupted in a perfect plank by someone's foot on my back. Rawr.

WHAT THE HELL?!?!?! Who did that to you???? Did you knee cap them immediately!!!???
    My mom did, so no, no knee-capping. I love her *that* much. :D
  • ShadeyC
    ShadeyC Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Hearing the weights slam down in the work gym because the lads have gone for the heaviest weight they can to impress the other lads, but have no control over it and they only do two and have to go for a drink.

Not being able to use the weights because the lads are either hogging the weights machine or have busted them

Free weights being left all over the place on the floor and on equipment in the work gym....

This is why I am building my own mini gym in the garden! ITS ALL MINE!!!!!

This is absolutely my most hated thing. They HOG. Because they are big boys apparently and think they own the gym. And they only ever go in packs because they can't do anything without each other. I hate it when people hog stuff.
    It always amuses me when I walk past to get my weights and my leg muscles are bigger than theirs though because they only ever work their arms and chests.
    Dumbarses

Thinking I pretty much hit the nail on the head here! Its also the look they give you when you ask if they are going to be long as you want to use it... Its like YOU, DONT MAKE ME LAUGH.

OOOO that makes me want to crush their puny heads with my muscly thighs. But they'd enjoy that too much :p
    (PS. My thighs aren't actually that muscley, but I still beat them!)
  • ShadeyC
    ShadeyC Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Eeeew. This this this.

My biggest pet peeve would be getting interrupted in a perfect plank by someone's foot on my back. Rawr.

WHAT THE HELL?!?!?! Who did that to you???? Did you knee cap them immediately!!!???
    My mom did, so no, no knee-capping. I love her *that* much. :D

Ahhh, she pulled the Mom card on ya...sneaky ;)
  • lkdad_nagy
    lkdad_nagy Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    If I go to the gym and there is a whole row of empty workout machines, and that person picks the one riiiight next to me, it's one thing if it's crowded you expect it, but when there's not too many people i go into my own zone and feel like this farkin guy here is invading my space!!! lol

Plus when I workout at home my dog thinks I'm playing with him when I do jumping jacks, he will start to jump with me or push ups he decides to lick my face!!!

My silly English mastiff dog use to do the same thing, now he thinks its great to lay down right where I'm working out or it drives me nuts when he walks in the room and farts nothing worse then dog fart when your working out
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    People who don't pick up after their dogs on the trail. Seriously, I'm out there to run, not play hopscotch. :grumble:
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Eeeew. This this this.

That's funny. Every time my 3 year old sees me doing push ups he jumps on my back.
  • Alwayssohungry
    Alwayssohungry Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Crack sweat - hate it !
  • brandynot
    brandynot Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I also workout at home....Insanity to be exact. It irks me to no end when my teenage son asks me questions during my workout...usually he chooses to start just as I am getting into the hardest part of the workouts. "Mom...can I take the car." "Mom...whats for dinner" "Mom...blah blah blah".

One day I got so irritated I stopped and told him when he goes to basketball practice I am going to walk into the gym and ask him a million questions in front of his coach and team while he is doing suicide drills. He has since refrained from even being in the same room as me when I start my workouts. SMART KID...:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • mfp116
    mfp116 Posts: 108
    Options
    my main problem is when i walk my dog.
    i get ALOT of kids going out of their way to try wind up my dog/screaming at my dog etc.
    now that mixed with me being very protective of my dog since kids round my area have purposely tried hurting him in the past (i live in a pretty bad area) and me just generally not liking kids too much this does not go down well with me.
  • simsburyjet
    simsburyjet Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I think its all the dirty laundry and also I buy cheap HRMs and they are always breaking.
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    For me, its the downpour of rain when I'm not even half way through my run.

Yep - happened just the other day. And not a light sprinkle either - this was a heavy downpour for the last 20 minds!

and...

- when my shoes squeak when I walk
    - when a deer fly or mosquitos keep buzzing around my head
  • Danalynn39
    Options
    I workout at home and have a family with lil ones sooo with that said mine would be
    -Whinny, bickering, fighting kids in the background
    -When my kids interrupt me every 5 minutes to help them with something
    -When my son sits on the couch and pulls a stewie from family guy and says mom, mom over and over and over
    - this one I really hate when someone comes in the room and farts
    -and the last one and this is probably a lil to much tmi but having to stop in the middle of a really good cardio

The above is why I WILL NOT workout at home. I have tried with closing the door, giving warning to NOT open the door. Doesn't work. I have to leave the house. Leave my phone in my car. It's my hour 1/2 of my time. They know where I am in emergency and can get me if necessary. But I hate distractions. It's a stress reliever for me.

Second to that is slamming weights and people who can't leave their cell phone calls alone until they get done (AN HOUR PEOPLE). I hate walking on a treadmill between two people on a phone chatting about nonsense. Drives me insane! Did I mention this is my alone time for a stress reliever? lol
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    When people are squatting in the curl rack
  • branson101
    branson101 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    If I go to the gym and there is a whole row of empty workout machines, and that person picks the one riiiight next to me, it's one thing if it's crowded you expect it, but when there's not too many people i go into my own zone and feel like this farkin guy here is invading my space!!! lol

Plus when I workout at home my dog thinks I'm playing with him when I do jumping jacks, he will start to jump with me or push ups he decides to lick my face!!!

My silly English mastiff dog use to do the same thing, now he thinks its great to lay down right where I'm working out or it drives me nuts when he walks in the room and farts nothing worse then dog fart when your working out

I have one cat that either tries to catch my feet as I am peddling (on my bike) or insists that I hold her. If I get down on the floor to do yoga all five of my fur babies either think that I laid out the mat for them or think that there is something wrong with me and poke at me with their noses, I guess to see if I'm still alive.

Now my teen son irritated me last night when he waited until I was on the bike to bring me all of his syllabi (syllabuses?) for school that I needed to sign. I told him to set them down and I'd get when I was done. On a side note, one of them required that I have my signature notarized. He's a sophomore in a public high school.
  • m00tmike
    m00tmike Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    When people are squatting in the curl rack

I see what you did there
  • m00tmike
    m00tmike Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I use a gym at work that is hardly used by anyone else but the things I hate are when the TV is up to max ( that's just not necessary), when people turn the heater on, and for the longest time the barbell was some how off center. I had to take 15 min yesterday to fix it. But all in all it's free and I enjoy it.
  • jodi41086
    jodi41086 Posts: 240
    Options
    Mine are similar to the posts prior! When my headphones are on full blast and someone deadlifting drops 500+ lbs on the floor it scares the crap out of me. I shouldn't be able to hear anything over my headphone.
    My biggest pet peeve is when Im in the zone and in the middle of a set and someone asks me something or starts talking to me. IF MY HEADPHONES ARE ON LEAVE ME ALONE!!! Get it done and get outta there lol.
  • DJMIKEY1
    DJMIKEY1 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I ride my bike in my own neighborhood that is small, less that 2 miles, yet I have almost been hit by dumbass drivers that dont know what 25mph is or how to pay attention. The next one is going to find out really quick why its not nice to piss off mikey.
  • peterplsss
    peterplsss Posts: 169
    Options
    Major pet peeves:
    -People with dre beats (this literally ruins my workout because I just want to go smash the person with the beats on I don't even know why)
    -People quarter squatting (this also gets me unrealistically mad, once again I don't know why but seriously if you quarter squat just stop doing squats you won't be losing much)
    -Invisible lat syndrome
    -Dudes weighing 220+ thinking they are strong af because they can bench 245 for reps, squat 365-400, and deadlift 405-500 (those are strong lifts for 160-180lbs)
    -Watching personal trainers who don't even look like they lift and are weak af give advice to people and know that they are getting paid for it too.
    -Dudes on steroids who look like sht and think they look amazing.

Minor pet peeves:
    -Males who powerclean 95lbs for reps every single day for months
    -People who drop dumbells that are under 100lbs
    -Small kids that wear tanks and think they're big and walk around with invisible lat syndrome and check themselves out in every mirror.
    -People who wear the same cloths to the gym every single day.
    -People that don't do legs.
    -People that just walk around and socialize and do random machines as they walk around.