• jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    What a back fire. fml lol

*fixed
  • scottaworley
    scottaworley Posts: 871 Member
    Options

Coz their an idiot... I've never done Keto but I'm not ignorant enough to refute a type of diet that has worked at even at the top levels of bodybuilding

No need to be rude, lil fella.

I never said it didn't work. I guess at your age, your reading comprehension is still underdeveloped.

Hey! I'm not that much older than him, but I have WAY better reading comprehension. Don't lump us all together :(
  • littlebee26
    Options
    What a back fire. fml lol

*fixed

Happens to the best of us!
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    no...terrible idea

why so?

Coz there an idiot... I've never done Keto but I'm not ignorant enough to refute a type of diet that has worked at even at the top levels of bodybuilding

The fact that this was edited to change your initial incorrect use of the word "their" to "there" made me LOL. The irony.

ETA: It's the other other one lol

That was funny. I bet their/there/they're still trying to figure out what "you're" talking about.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    no...terrible idea

why so?

Coz there an idiot... I've never done Keto but I'm not ignorant enough to refute a type of diet that has worked at even at the top levels of bodybuilding

The fact that this was edited to change your initial incorrect use of the word "their" to "there" made me LOL. The irony.

ETA: It's the other other one lol

That was funny. I bet their/there/they're still trying to figure out what "you're" talking about.

no doubt! lol
  • msjawilson
    msjawilson Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    When I started on this Ketogenic diet I was 160kg, with swollen ankles, high blood sugar and very nearly diabetic.

I am now 140, my blood sugars are normal, this lifestyle is SO EASY to stick to once you get through the first few days and I highly recommend google google google recipe's! There's heaps! And some of them are tastier than normal (I always felt mashed potato is boring, but mashed cauliflower is GREAT)

I stick to 30 carbs per day instead of 20, but that's to accommodate for my weight.

My Cholesterol has gone back to normal and even though I have a long way to go, it's not that I am concerned about, the truth is I feel great and my ankles look beautiful and normal again since about 3 days into the diet :)

There are many studies out there on the benefits of keto

Here are some of those studies :)

http://authoritynutrition.com/23-studies-on-low-carb-and-low-fat-diets/
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you know this but there's a keto forum on MFP. You will get answers to your questions there as well as additional info.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/1160-keto
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    But you could get the best of both worlds and carb cycle, one day high carb lower fat, one day higher fat lower carb.. etc...

Personally I don't see why people would remove carbs from their diet, just makes no sense to me.

Actually, that doesn't work and could cause a train wreck.

When you eat high fat, moderate protein and low fat, your body starts adapting to using fat as an energy source. Once you get into ketosis (which is the goal of the diet), you are burning body fat for energy during those times when energy input is not meeting energy output. Because your body cannot take ketones and make more fat, you lose body over time. Once you become fat adapted (keto adapted), your body realizes it doesn't need to store as much fat and you end up in a really good place.

If you were to cycle in and out too often, you never get into ketosis and lose most of the benefit. I do cycle, but do so only on the basis of my lifting cycles (e.g., cutting and bulking). Only, when I'm "bulking" I'm still fairly low on carbs, increase my protein and lower my fat. I come out of ketosis, but then have what I need for strength/mass building work.